[Resolved]  Raghukul Co-op. Hsg. Society, Parsik Nagar, Kalwa, Thane — Water supply to Flat cut off by Society

I am member of the Raghukul Co-op. Hsg. Society, Parsik Nagar, Kalwa, Thane. I am terminated from my 27 years' service by employer without any reason and salary is stopped since last 7½ years. The case is pending in Thane Labour Court. Due to this I was paying the Hsg. Society’s monthly charges with interest irregularly and two years back nearly managed to wipe out the outstanding when at that time the Society levied additional lump sum repairing charges on all members and converted it into monthly charges plus interest. The Society passed a resolution in Nov. 2008 that water supply to the flat of members with outstanding will be cut. I requested the Society to bear with me for one more year and promised to pay all the outstanding of Rs. 13, 000/- with interest. Not paying any heed to my request and not following the due legal procedure u/s. 101 of Maharashtra Co-op. Societies Act 1960 for outstanding recovery, the Society instead cut off my flat’s water supply on[protected]. I don’t know how they managed it but local Police refused to register my complaint against the criminal act of the Society u/s. 12 of Maharashtra Ownership Flat Act (MOFA) 1963 and they drove me away. I served a notice on the Society through my advocate on[protected] mentioning the above two clauses of Law. From[protected] to[protected] I lifted water from the public tap at ground up to 2nd floor to my flat. I and my family members faced all the humiliations, financial losses, health hazards, mental depression. My son’s ongoing DFM course examination and my daughter’s XIIth Std. examination preparation was badly affected due to all these harassments. The water supply was restored after more than one month when the local police agreed to register the FIR may be because of my sending e-mail to the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Maharashtra. Kindly let me know as a consumer can I claim compensation from the Society for all these turmoil I have gone through and if so how much? Also let me know how to go about it.

Complaint categoryCategory: Other