[Resolved]  State Bank of Travencore & CorporationBank — ATM didn't dispense cash but debited from Account

I am having my savings account in State Bank of Travencore, R.K.Puram branch at New Delhi-66, on 12th June 2009 I used my SBT debit card for cash withdrawl of Rs 1500/- in Corporation Bank's ATM located in Engineers India Limited building, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi. I tried twice but ATM didn't dispense the cash and while checking the account I discovered that a sum of Rs 3000/- has been debited. I gave a written complaint to the bank manager of the SBT R.K.Puram branch. It has been more than a month I booked my complaint but still the amount has not been credited to my account.

The lousy reply of the manager was that it happens always and it may take more than 3 months. I wasn't expecting such careless reply from the manager.

I request the concerned person to please guide me to retrieve my money.
Complaint comments  1 CommentShareTweet

Comments

In your case you will have to contact the bank whose ATM you were operating, giving them the account details of the Debit card you were using. Once they find the discrepency in the cash disbursement from the ATM machine, they will refund it back to the same account.

The bank should be able to trace this at the EOD settlement and the money should be back in his account. It would take sometime as Bank would need to dig out the cash totals from the ATMs and not all of the ATMs are maintained by banks.

Please be also advised to keep the slips containing the error messages handy though, in case they were required.

Trust this would suffice.

Rabin Majumder