[Resolved]  TATAMOTORS/Indica Vista Sapphire — Braking problem in Indica Vista Sapphire when Air Conditioned is ON

Brakes of the Indica Vista Sapphire become hard when Air Condition is ON.
When driving in traffic driver cannot drive car using half clutch as brakes become hard and it become difficult to stop the card(this problem is observed when AC is ON).This happen because engine is not capable to generate enough vaccum when AC is ON.This is the major problem I am facing but TATA Motors are not ready to improve or do needful.Wasan Motors feels that this is a problem but still TATA Motors are not accepting this problem.
I have been cheated by TATA Motors

Comments

I have the same problem, and the brakes of my Vista saffire do not work on slow speeds (crawling speeds).
The brakes SIMPLY FAIL at very slow speeds. I was told because there is not sufficent vaccum being created for the brakes to work at slow speeds, this in turn is a MANUFACTURING DEFECT.
This is dangerous when the car is approaching traffic signals or when i am parking the vehicle. I have banged the car into a parking wall as a result.
The car was purchaced in dec 2009 from A.K.GANDHI cars Nagpur.
I have sent 2 mails to TATA MOTORS however they are unable to rectify the mistake or ADMIT that it is a MANUFACTURING DEFECT.

NOEL DIAS
NAGPUR
I have the same problem with Vista saffire, I was about to hit the vehicle ahead, when I faced this for the first time. I thought, I am not applying the brakes properly. But when this repeated, I came to know that it is an issue with VISTA. I think TATA motors should call back all the VISTA petrol vehicles, or pay back the money.

I am having the same problem for last one month which Tata service station is saying that it is because of Vaccum pipe, till date they have not replaced it.
If it is a manufacturing defect Tata should call off Vista Saffire from the Road.
I have stopped driving the car and now I think I have made blunder by buying a Tata product
I am also facing the same problem, in fact I hit the vehicle a couple of times in parking and in traffic. The service center guys always give some crappy technical description. They wanted me to apply the clutch and break in some specific way to avoid the problem. I am NOT driving a tipper or a bulldozer for which I have to take a fresh new driving lesson. This could be fetal. One of my friend has already met an accident because of this. I think Tata Motors, being the biggest motor comp in the country, should do something about it.
Hi, I am also facing the same issue, On reporting this issue to B U Bhandari one of their diagnosis expert gave me the usual routine about how to get around the situation by pressing the clutch in a certain way. He was not willing to give me this in writing, As a consolation they have changed the vaccum pipe and a couple of other things on the car, but the problem remains, On the feedback calls from TATA motors I made it explicityly clear that i was not happy with the resolution give and disappointed in that sense with the service on the car, I have not been contacted by TATA motors for 3 weeks now, Reading throught he online reviews it seems to be a mass problem and TATA motors must ensure that all cars running on the road are fixed. All other manufacturers starting from Toyota to Maruti and Hyundai have in the recent past recalled their cars for fixing issues which half as critical as regards passeger safety.

Siddharth Godbole
Pune
Hi, I am from Bangalore & facing the same problem for the past 6 months. I escalated this matter to TATA customer care, I got a call from both Concord & Prerana Motors service dept heads. Even took my car for the detailed inspection but result nothing. They gave some beautiful tips on how to use the clutch / break / accelerator in a specific proportion when ever I face this problem. Funniest part first their service engineer admitted this as a problem with all vista saffire, later their superiors rejected & said its is a common problem which happens in all vehicles. It is very tough to manage this car in bumper to bumper slow traffic & I already met with an accident, spending 15, 000 & still leaving some permanent marks. What next ?
Rgds / Srijith / Bangalore
Dear Consumer Complaints,

1. Please refer my complaint reference number 1-[protected] submitted to Tata Motors Ltd.

2. My Car Tata Indigo Manza Aura ABS, bearing Registration number RJ 27 CB 7434 has been admitted by the SANYA AUTOMOBILES, MAYAPURI INDUSTRIAL AREA, NEW DELHI today i.e. 18th September at 1130 am.

3. The Job Card mentions the following (verbatim):-

a. Roof light not working – u/w.

b. Brake binding check – ABS check – u/w.

c. Head light not working – u/w.

d. Clutch pedal check – clutch plate check –A/c.

4. My concerns and worries are about Servicing Standards and Quality of Repairs that is likely to be done by the above mentioned Tata Authorised Service Centre will be up to the mark and my satisfaction on following counts:-

a. Despite my reminding the Servicing Supervisor, Mr. Paramjit and Body Works Manager Mr. Thomas, the ABS replacement has not been mentioned in the job card nor any heed has been paid to me that the 24x7 Tata Helpline has mentioned that the ABS needs to be replaced. This is clearly an indication of the things likely to done by the above mentioned agency.

b. This is to remind you that I along with my family escaped from the burning car (both front tyres - wheel drums). The Security Guards of DLF Promenade, Vasant Kunj had evacuated me and my family on the 16th September 2010.

5. In view of the above, firstly I request you to kindly impress upon the above mentioned Tata Authorised Service Centre, i.e. Sanya Automobiles to give me full guarantee that there will be NO LIFE / ACCIDENT HAZARD due to ABS malfunctioning, especially when they have been given the vehicle for servicing time and again, i.e. for the third consecutive time or else they give it to me in writing accordingly. Secondly, I also request you to appoint an independent engineer from your reputed firm (certainly not from Sanya Automobiles) to check the car in detail before it is given to me. Thirdly, I want the complete details of repairs in respect of the car, so that your engineer can confirm the same.

6. I’m sure that the Customer care will address the concerns raised by me as the vehicle has done 2800 kms or so and is only three (03) months old, i.e. the vehicle is under warranty. I’m eagerly awaiting your promptness and stern action to ensure that the faults are rectified in the true essence of the Motto of Tata Motors -"We Care." I'm sure I'll not be let down by nefarious mindsets and money mindedness of the agency personnel. Please remember its a hard earned tax payers money of a serving soldier who has just returned from J&K valley hoping to drive home a DREAM CAR with life time savings invested, I'm sure some thought will be given to ensure standards of prestigious company going astray as frankly I do not trust the agency undertaking repairs.

7. I want the consumer complaints to be addressed as my car has not been repaired / serviced by the Tata Motors or by its authorised agency after 3 month running from the date of purchase and car has been in the agency for over a month. I seek your help. Please advice future course before I go to the consumer court.
Sumeet

I am a happy and proud owner of Vista Safire vehicle based at Bangalore. This car has amazing seating space and makes the rear passengers feel that they are sitting in their own home- such spacious is the car.Even i noticed brakes becoming hard during low speed drives but later found a way to tackle this problem. Previously when i was driving Santro and Wagon r, i tried to apply brakes at very low speeds less than 10km/hr and automatically the engine stalls and switches off. But in Vista safire, this does not happen. The best way is to immediately apply full clutch and the brakes never become hard.

Try this and revert back

Complaint categoryCategory: Other