[Resolved]  The Coca - Cola Company / Thumbs Up — Thums Up - Thunder Wheels Contest is a fraud

Sir / Ma'am,

The Cola Cola Company had run a contest for its brand "Thumps Up" named "Thunder Wheels Contest".
The contest ran from 15th March '09 to 30th April '09. The general rule to participate in the contest was that a person have buy carbonated soft drink "Thumps Up" (whatever be the quantity). He/she would get "a Unique Code" either behind the label or under the crown. And then the person had to either SMS the unique code with word "APACHE" before it to "58558" (this SMS price was more than the normal SMS) or to call "[protected]" and submit the code. The had assured that the participants can win 'APACHE' bike every hour (with applied condition).

I, Nabankur Biswas, a general consumer got lured by the offer of "Thunder Wheel" contest and participated in the contest. I had bought many Thums Up bottles for the contest and collected several codes from the labels and crowns of the bottles. I still have nearly all the crowns and labels that I have collected and still have some of the SMS replies that I got after sending SMS. But even after all these spending money, collecting codes and submitting codes I failed to win in the contest.

My complaint is not about my failure to win any prize in the "Thunder Wheel" Contest because you need huge quantity of luck to win in these kind of contests.But my complaint is about something else. As per the contest "An APACHE bike to be won every hour" throughout the time period of the contest. So you can easily imagine about the number of APACHE bikes that could have been won by the participants. But to my utmost grievance nothing about the prize winnings (or results) was shown or declared through any of the medias. Even I tried to call them several times but nobody responded to my call. So came to the decision that the whole "Thunder Wheels" Contest was fraud. How come that not a single winner was declared!! The company had cheated the general consumer under the name the that contest.

I am really very thankful to you for reading such a long write-up patiently. And with the hope that you will look into my complaint and help me to get rid of my grievance, I am thanking you in advance.

Comments

hey did u get any phone call? or they asked u to send the crown? actually i won they asked me to post the crown. aftr that they r saying me to send a draft of 18000+. i[censored] sure its fake help me out with some xtra details
same with me even i got a call that i won some sort of T-Shirt Which Is Couriered By Coca Cola even they have confirmed my address twice on phone.. two months back... but till date no prize received by me..i have also wrote to coca cola but no response till date.

please help !
Dear Sri Harsha
hi
Hassan
this is not fake you send Draft & you got some prise

i win nokia N 73 last offer from Sprite coca cola "kholega to milega offer" last year i had send 3500 rs Draft
HI,

The cost of prise is ex show room, the contestant has bear tax part, registration charges, insurance charges.
rEgrads
Amit
I think thums up thunder wheel contest is fake as they have not declared result in newspaper or on any website as these days so many people have access to internet they can post in on website.They have given a websites address that locates on contest2win.com but there is no page regarding thmsup contest.

Complaint categoryCategory: Other