[Resolved]  YAHOO & MSN WINDOW LIVE AWARD — Whether its true or scam

I have got a mail from yahoo & msn window live award that I have been selected for 3,60,000 GBP.
I want to know whethre it is true or a scam to exploit the money.

Comments

Yahoo Windows Live Award — Scam email

Dear Prize Winner,

This is to acknowledge the receipt of your mail, anyway i will like to inform you that my duties include representing your interest and guiding you through claiming your winning cash prize.

We want to clarify you here that after a good scrutiny of your batch number [protected] and reference number MFI/06/APA-46687, we are glad to inform you that once you are the rightful owner of this email address, you are one of the winners but in case you are not, please do not respond anymore. Your life is about to be changed, as you are one of the lucky Winners of our annual Yahoo! & Windows Live Awards as sponsored by Microsoft. Your winning cash prize of 250, 000GBP (two hundred and fifty thousand GB Pounds) will be paid to you soon.

I am pleased to inform you that you have been officially cleared for payment by the verifications Department at the headquarters of the Yahoo! & Windows Live Awards Center here in United Kingdom. The original copy of your Winning Certificate, your Winning bank draft/check and two other documents (Money Laundering protection and Letter of Affidavit for Claims) from the British Government stating that the money was obtained legally through the Yahoo! & Windows Live Awards will be sent to you via courier as soon as your award prize is transferred or Delivered to you via any of the options listed below. Meanwhile, your winning certificate will be sent to you first via email attachment so as to enable you apply to our accounts department for your payment.

I wish to inform you that all authorities involved have certified payment of your Awards Claims amounting to GBP 250, 000 (two hundred and fifty thousand GB Pounds), which is prize money from Yahoo! & Windows Live Awards Center, which was drawn through a computer random system of all Internet users worldwide. Be informed that instruments of payment for the sum of 250, 000GBP (two hundred and fifty thousand GB Pounds) to you is already in our possession and shall be processed upon meeting the requirements stated below. You can now begin the final step of the claims process, which is the transferring of your cash prize to you. With regards to this, there are two options open to you; you are required to select the more convenient of the two.

The options, together with their associated conditions are presented below:

Option 1: Courier of your winning draft to you via DHL Courier Company, which is our assigned courier company. Please note that you can cash your bank draft from any bank anywhere in the world. The Courier Company would bring the documents to your postal/home address nominated by you and as written below (please you are allowed to correct or amend your contact information in your next mail):

Name: Kanwar Jit Singh
Address: New Delhi, India

You will be required to send your international passport, driver's license or ID card to me via email attachment as it will be used for a proper identification of you during delivery of your winning documents and bank draft to you by the DHL Courier Company.

Option 2: Your prize money will be wired to your bank account via an automated Direct Wire Transfer System operated by nominated Payment center. Hence you would be required to send in your Bank information as stated below.

Account Holder`s Name
Account Number
Swift codes
Bank Name
Bank Address & Telephone Number

You should try and keep your winning informations confidential by ensuring that you do not discuss it with anybody until you have your cash prize with you so as to avoid impersonators from making claims to your cash prize as we have experienced severally in the past. You are hereby being warned and notified that Yahoo! & Windows Live Awards Center will not accept responsibility to any of such mistake from you. Be informed that our verification department will use the requested personal information for official Purposes. Once this is done, your Winning Certificate Will be prepared and sent to you via email.

I expect an email from you immediately making a selection from the two options above. Also call me and inform me so as to hasten up your transfer. Call within 7:30am-6:00pm GMT.

THE COORDINATOR
Mr. Brad Richards
Yahoo! & Windows Live Awards Center
124 Stockport Road,
Long sight
Manchester,
M60 2DB
United Kingdom.
i have n=73 mobile . my mobile sacren not working proparly . i given the set to nokia care dealer GEE MOBILE JALANDHAR NEAR COURT.but gee mobile donot give me my set . last 1 and 1/2 month going .but gee mobile donot give me aset .
It is a fake email/sms from a scammer. Google, Yahoo, Rediff etc dont run such lotteries. You can receive such an email/sms named from anyone and you may even get a link to some fake lottery or lucky draw website. But its all a part of the scam to take your credit card number or charge you in some way or force you to send them a payment. Once they receive the payment its impossible to track down. By the way I would suggest you do not use gmail as it keeps all the data from its users though its deleted and it could be used against you anywhere. Be careful where you give out your personal info next time.