Mahanagar Gas
Mahanagar Gas Limited

Mahanagar Gas Customer Care

Mahanagar Gas Limited

G-33 Block, Bandra-Kurla Complex, Bandra (East)
Mumbai City District

Fax:
Fax:

Walk-in Centers

Bandra

Pay & Accounts Office,
Ground Floor, Near Family Court,
Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra (East)
Mumbai- 400 051

View More Information...

Load

Mahanagar Gas Complaints & Reviews

sittanshu
From last 6 month I am getting estimated bill from mahanagar gas, I had called to customer care but they are also not giving proper reply and also not ready to give the authorized contact person name and no. , to solve this problem
Also on website and customer care line they said enter your CRN no. but there is no CRN no. is printed on bill.
Bp. [protected]
Ca.[protected]
Connection register with Lalit Parekh

KUNAL MEHTA
    I have applied for GAS pipeline in month of November 24th 2009 but did not received a gas pipeline till date.
    i have received a relationship letter [protected].
    Please treat this on priority. They taken cheque from us and till date no GAS.
    what is going on?

Shailesh Mehta
    Cell: [protected].

Avadhoot Patil
      I have applied for permanent Gas Disconnection of Mahanagar Gas Ltd. on 10.02.10 in person at Kandivali Office. I have copy of acknowledgement. Yesterday, I got call from Mr.Swaraj of Mahanagar Gas (Cell No.[protected]) regarding payment of Rs.550/- as disconnection charges. Here my complaint is inspite of giving some refund (Rs.5000/- were deposited before 1.1/2 year back) for disconnection to customer, how Mahanagar Gas can ask charges for disconnection of Gas connection? Is this the monopoly effect? Here MGL is taking benefit because they are the only supplier of pipeline gas.I have already applied for new connection by depositing Rs.6,000/- at my new residence before one month. Nothing is happening for new gas connection also. I dont know how this Company is working? Nobody is their at Kandivali to respond. Only the Receptionist is attending all call/complaints and PROs lines are always busy. They never take calls. Can anybody help me out this? - Avadhoot Patil - Cell: [protected].

Mahanagar Gas Ltd — Bills not received [Resolved]

Girdharilal T Chawla

My CRN No:[protected]

From past 4 years, we have not been receiving regular bills, we...

Sureshchandra M.Ttrpathi
        Supply of Gas connection by Mahanagar Gas Limited.
        ========================================
        I Have made full payment to MGL before 5 years.
        In responce to the payment I have received a letter dated 15.04.2005
        "we regret to inform you that,we anticipate a delay in providing our PNG conection in yr kitchen,inspite of our whole hearted & sincere efforts,for reason beyond our control."
        In spite of our regular follow up I could not get my work done instead of considerable delay.
        May I know from MGL (Mr. Surjeet Deka) Head Marketing.In black & white the reason of delay & the value of his letter in connection of
        CRN -237485.
        sincerly yrs
        Sureshchandra M. tripathi
        D/406, Shivshakti Complex
        S.V. Road, DAHISAR EAST
        MUMBAI 400068
        Contact no. 28489493 / [protected]

mahanagar gas ltd — No new connection event after 1 year

I have registered for a MGL connection in May 2007 and had given a cheque of Rs. 5000 then. Unfortunately, it bounced because it was deposited only in November 2007. In December, I requested customer care to send someone to collect another cheque. Since then I have been calling every month and each time I am told that within 3-4 days someone will contact me. Its been 1.5 years since I made my registration and no one seems to be taking any action to collect the cheque and give my connection. Since last 3 weeks, the customer care phone just keeps ringing without anyone responding at all.

Even their online complaint form never works. They have also mentioned no email address or other phone numbers where complaints can be registered.
        If the headquarters is called, they just keep transferring from one number to another.
        I will be approaching the Consumer court and ask for compensation for the delay.
        Complaint comments  Add a comment

Mahanagar Gas Limited — No Official Bill Collection Centre in Mira road [Resolved]

Rajesh Vyas
          When I tried to pay Last month's Bill before Due date, After reaching Mira road Post Office they told we are not accepting...

Mahanagar Gas Ltd — Delay in replacement of Tiles [Resolved]

Rakesh Pai
          Hi ,

This is Rakesh Pai a resident of Neelamaya CHS, Plot No 35, Koparkhairane SEC - 1.
          ...

BHARATKUMAR G. KALE
          Gas pipeline was laid down to our building i.e. "Om Sai Sakshi Co-op. Housing Society, at Sai Complex, Next to Hotel Hardik Palace, Near Joggers Park, Mira Road (East) Dist-Thane, in the month of October 2009, however till today gas connection was not given. If your company is not giving the connection please return our deposit amount with interest. Please reply.
          With regards,
          B. G. Kale
          . No gas connection

Sir.
          Jupiter building Poonam sagar already have gas connection, I had applied for the gas connection for 003 B wings in the month of April; my application form no is SG/035805/1213. My cheque got cleared on 1-6-2012. I went several times, but they don’t give me the genuine reason for the delay.
          Moses Joseph Francis, 003 B wing Jupiter building Poonam sagar near Parivar Hotel Mira road (E) Mira Road 401107, mobile no [protected]. email ; [protected]@yahoo.com.
          CA :[protected]
          Bill Group :MR022208
          Bill No :[protected]
          BP: [protected]

sir
          I am not getting my gas bill for last 5 month, so please sent my bill as earliest.

RADHAKRISHNAN ATTOOR M
            The company never used to take meter reading for billing purpose.Bills are based on assessed consumption.During February 2008&June 2009 there was no bills.Actual meter reading was taken on 15/11/2009 ie after the lapse of 1year&6months.Bill for November 2009 is for328scm.Being an household user such high consumption is impossible especially in view of average monthly of 30scm.The price of gas escalated from Rs.10.51 to Rs.12.09 wef 18/07/2009.As there was no system of regular meter reading I have been billed at higher rate especially in view of the fact that the entire consumption pertain to a period priorto18/07/2009.I have ben roughly excess billed Rs.486.64+applicable vat My complained dated 01/12/2009 not acted up on by MGL.Being a retired person I am not in a position toget such mitakes rectified.CRN No.[protected],Bill No.[protected],CA:[protected]

S.M.DEGAONKAR
              December 9, 2009
              To,
              Appropriate Authority

Subject: No connection of pipe gas since last 3 years

Reference: Application for providing pipe gas connection dated 30/03/2006 &
              Docket No. 738990 dated 28.01.2009

On behalf of Mitraprem CHS, Postal colony road Chembur, Mumbai 400071 we had applied for the pipe gas connection in March 2006. We reapplied in 08 for the pipe gas connection as the previous records couldn’t be found. Responding to the request the company official Mr. Aftab visited our site & asked society consent letter which we submitted to Mr Aftab. Then Mr Aftab & others made survey of the site & with the consultation with society officials defined the layout of proposed pipe gas connection which was to be laid from the main header which is just 2ft away from the society entrance. It was confirmed that the work shall commence after the rainy season of 2008. from October 2008 we reminded Mr. Aftab every fortnight but only assurances were given. Meanwhile the approx. 100 me pipe line was laid for nearby Ganeshkripa society on war foot basis the reason best known to Mahanagar Gas ltd. While this work was going on we recalled Mr. Aftab to consider our application also but in vain. In April 2009 Mr Aftab simply refused to give connection from the header. We insisted for the connection from the header. Mr Aftab again assured the connection after the rainy season of 2009. From October 2009 we reminding Mr. Aftab but in vain. No progress so far done in our case while as other nearby societies have given connection from the header in the same period.

We request you to look into the matter & resolve the dispute at the earliest.

Thanking you,

Yours’ faithfully,
              S M DEGAONKAR
              Mitraprem CHS,
              Postal colony road Chembur,
              Mumbai 400071
              I agree totally. I paid Rs.500 on February 2010 and still await a connection. About two weeks ago, two men from Mahanagar Gas came to drill holes for the piping. I asked them to wait half an hour till I was free. That is the last we heard from Mahanagar Gas.
              If they are this efficient, maybe we should stay with LPG.
              Dr. Sarma
              302, Janki, Sector 17
              Vashi, Navi Mumbai

Mahanagar Gas Ltd — Haressement Due To Wrong Billing [Resolved]

Hemen Uday Bhatia

I hemen Bhatia am the resident of Mahavir Majestic CHS, Magnum-103, LBS Marg, Kanjurmarg-West, Mumbai-400078....

rakesh kadam
                sir/madam.
                this is rakesh kadam.my bill no[protected].
                ca no [protected]
                crn no. 1016112
                i pleased to inform u that we are not using this gasline.not yet meter placed.and they have send me twice bil. this month they have send 3000 rs bill.pls take stick actoin on it

rakesh kadam
                Ref :CA no[protected]
                Bill no[protected]
                BP[protected]
                Meter No-207110

Subject- Complaint for my gas meter

I would like to draw your attention that my last month's bill was Rs 355/- and unit was Rs 20/-. but this current bill is Rs 834/- and unit is 47 which is at a very higher side. So i have doubt that there is leakage or damage in my above mention meter no. Please look in to this matter as early as possible or you can send your person at my residence to check my above mention gas meter. For your ready referance current bill and till today (i.e 15 days time) my meter is showing[protected]i.e 62 units) which is again very high. Please take necessary action against this complaint.

Thanking you,
                Yours Faithfully,

Ashok. P. Ajmera

Saroj Dhotre
                  My Complaint just lodged is against "Mahanagar Gas Ltd.,which is supplying cookinggas to Mumbai .City and the Subs.
                  Thanks !

cooking gas — Wrongly Charged..

Sir,We have been receiving wrongly charged Bills from u for the Gas Supply.We are only two persons & cooking is only once.For hot water Geaser & Solar system is used. Still we recd. 1st bill for Rs.400/- while all other neighbourers recd it for Rs 100 & 120/- only. We are complaining from very 1st bill.But nothing is heared.Thereafter I lodged a complaint with your office which was registered & a tech.was sent to visit & check our meter.He said that the meter is defective & needs to be replaced .Since then also I have phoned for several times But only getting the ans.as they will send a person for the purpose.But still no body has come to change the defective meter & as a result we are getting wrog charged.
                  Your persons coming for taking Meter Reading are saying that it is not their job to report this matter to higher level.At last we had also requested to disconnect the meter/supply.,which is also not done yet.At last for last five months we have not allowed any person coming for meter reading to enter the house,complaining of the abovesaid matter. They kept on sending different different person for takinng reading every month but we refused. We want the meter disconnected if not replaced for the defective one.Surprisingly yet we are getting the bill much much on higher side. It is not only a great loss to us but it also causes "Mental Torture " to us.
                  The bill which I recd. taday is showing the reading as 485.When we have not allowed only ,to take the 'reading 'how it can be shown as such. Any fake figure is submitted,to loot us.
                  I am very sad to say but we do not want your connection any more & please arrange to disconnect it immediately.
                  As you can also imagine,though inspite o[censored]sing geaser and solar heater,if we get the bill for cooking gas at around Rs.4oo/- the gas cylinder will be cheapest for us.Is not it?
                  I hope any responsible Authority will take care of our complaint and solve our problem or else I will have to go the Grahak Panchayat.
                  It is very shamefull that a family of two is getting the bill 4 times more & nobody is bothered to fix the problem.
                  Even instead of my filling up the form for change of name etc.,the same has not given effect as yet.
                  My very sincere request to please help us any how.
                  Thanks in anticipation,

With Warm Regards,

Saroj Dhotre.
                  With Warm Regards
                  My name is purushottam s.dicholkar.i am working in godrej pvt.ltd and i am living also godrej apartment at x-85/2, vikhroli (e), perojasha nager.our problem is that last three year our gas bill is not came.i complaint so many time in your office and i inform also godrej company but he didn't reply.company told us to inform your office and i inform but they not take any responsibility.so my request to you please take charge of that and give me advise to how i will get bill because i cant afford to pay at time bill last three year.so please send us gas bill as soon as possible. my consumer no is 349642.
                  so please inform godrej company, and send bill.i am waiting for your reply.
                  my mob no.:[protected]

regard,
                  purushottam s.dicholkar

Shailesh H Gadiya
                    We have been staying at Borivali Gorai for last 12 years. The area is quit developed and sufficiently populated but so far MGL has not put its pipeline in the area. I request you to forward this message to the top official of the company so that the residents of Borivali Gorai is also benefited with this low cost alternate fuel.

One people start takin connections the usage of LPG will reduce to that extent leading to reduction in subisdy burden on the government.
                    Complaint comments  Add a comment

Mahanagar Gas Limited, Mumbai — gas leakage problem at home/compensation [Resolved]

sanjay mankani
                      Hallo sir,
                      This is sanjay mankani from mumbai receidence of flat no-903, emp-47, [evershines melllinum paradise]thakur...

Aswad Kulkarni
                      I really pity that Mr. Manmohan Singh is our Prime Minister but he does not know whats going wrong with big companies and their harassament.

I was to get the piped gas connection from Mahanagar Gas Ltd.(MGL). My old parents were made waited on hot afternoons in their office and asked to come twice a day for 8 days. Then promised a piped gas connection. I have made the payment to this useless company in February 2009 and now today in June 2009, this company says that they have launched SAP software system and unelss they do not get the PO number, the line would not be given. Are they giving the interest on my hard earned money for utilising this money?????????

I have 10 months old baby and old parents. I shifted to new place on the promise that once I get the Gas stove the technition would immidiately come and install the line.

I called up Thane office (pramod Roy) but he abruptly hang up the phone. I thencalled up corporate office and spoke to Beena and she promised that she would check and give the connection immidiately. After sometime she called up and promised to give connection after 2 days. This is happening from last 10-12 days.

If MGL wants to impliment any process then thts none of my business. And WHY FEB 09 CUSTOMER PO was not generated? I want connection but as a customer there is no one to help anyone in India. You need to be the son of BIG politician.

Guys do not trust these third class and patheic company. This company will get close down soon

Mahanagar Gas Limited — Bill Payment [Resolved]

chitra mokashi

Consumer . No.[protected]

Mr. Sandeep from bill payment dept. had come...

MAHENDRA DAVE
                        I AM NOT RECD MY MGL BILL OF RS. 1439/- FOR WHICH I ALREADY PAY BI ONLINE PAYMENT. I CALL SERVERAL TIME TO HELPDESK WHICH IS CONTINUE RINGING.

NO ONE CARE AFTER RECD THE PAYMENT.

FROM LAST 3-4 MONTH I AM NOT RECD THE ONLINE BILL WHICH IS NOT GENERATED FORM MGL & NOW THEY SEND ONLINE DEBIT OF RS. 1439/- BILL BUT NO HARD COPY I RECD.

MY CRN NUMBER 323132

REGARDS
                        MAHENDRA DAVE

Mrs.Shobha Rao
                          As i am a Mahanage Gas consumer from last 2 yrs and submitted online complaints, through telephone and also personally for non generation of bills as no one is coming to take the reading of the meter. Though, we have already given instruction that we are working people and no one will be available from 11 A.M to 5 P.M. Instead of that i have also personally give the meter reading to them and on the assumption basis they have sent us the huge bill as it was used similarly. our usages are also very much less as we are not available at home for nearly 6 hrs.

We have also given so many complaint and follow up also but in vain and the cycle contineous the same as it was previously working.

Please adivse on the same and take some action to the non co-opearation from the govt dept like this for non serving to the public though it meant for the public only.

Regd,
                          Keval B Rao
                          To ARUN N. SHIRSEKAR
                          The General Manager Mobile: [protected]
                          Mahanagar Gas Ltd.,
                          Mumbai.

Reg:-
                          New Gas pipe line installation is going on at Building C2- Neelyog Apartment, Gaurishankar wadi Pant Nagar Ghatkopar East Mumbai.

Your pipe line at the ground floor erected attached to the pillar of the building from the inner side of the Garage No. 8 which is at the left side of the entrance of C2 wing of the building. The pipe line is always taken from the front side of the piller and not from the inner side of the pillar where vehicles are parked. There is possibility that while parking the vehicle/ car inside the Garage or taking out the car it may get struck with the pipe line which may lead to:

1.Damage to the Car.
                          2.Damage to the Gase pipe line.
                          3.Leakage of Gas upon striking the vehicle to the Gas pipeline.
                          4.Other relevant damages and inconveniences etc.,

To avoid the future possibilities, please have relook nowitself (as work is still in progess and not yet completed) and remove the pipe line from the inside of the Garage (building pillar) and take it from front side of the pillar or from other suitable place.

Please note any damage to the car and / or to the Gas pipe line and relevant damages if any will be totally your responsibility, and you will reimburse the damage to vehicle (if any).

Arun N. Shirsekar.
                          Respected Sir/Madam, My previous CRN No. 173916 & New CA No.[protected].
                          Recd your current Gas bill dtd.29/03/09 for Rs. 1679/-. with previous arrears of Rs. 1005/- which has paid on 22/03/2009 vide cheque No.137889 of The City Co-op Bank Ltd. Borivali (E), Mumbai 66. And the same amout has been deducted from my a/c on 25/03/2009, even though current bill shown such amount as arrears. For this purpose I have trying to contact your C.S.Helpline nos. more than one hour & spend around Rs.25/-. Every time your computerised msg gets "Our officers are busy, stay on line or contact later". & after getting officers line no one was attending the phone. Now you tell me given contact nos.are really helplines or unhelpline nos. One more thing I would like bring your notice that, Cuurent bill for March 2009, Bill date 29/03/2009 & Despatch dt is 27/03/2009.

Sir, I am going to pay Rs.674/- Instead of Rs.1679/-.(Rs.1005/- has been paid last month). Also request you not to charge delayed payment charges.

Thanking you & oblige.

Arun Mondkar

Sameer S Nagpure
                            I want to have a new connection. I have shifted to a new flat at Malad, Narsing Lane. Other flats in our society already have connections. I am doing a follow-up from Nov-08. In Feb-09 I am given a reference number [protected] and asked to contact many people like Manoj, Sachin, Piyush, etc whose numbers are never contactable. Finally I could contact Piyush. He told me to keep a DD of Rs.6000 and society maint.bill ready. Now when this is ready, I have to follow up with him. Piyush informed me that he will send an app form on Saturday (07-Mar) and will complete the formalities but no one turned up. This is very sad that I don't get a proper response from a company like this.