Qed India — cheating public in karnataka by fake ias officer-altaf jahangir
Momohammedrp on Jan 14, 2018
Sub:-cheating by couples - mr. Altaf hussain jahangir and his wife mrs mehrunnisa a jahangir
Cheating case of altaf hussain jahangir –still open as on 2018
We would like to submit the following complaint of cheating against the couples - mr. Altaf hussain jahangir, resident of gopalpur malamaddi, dharwad, and his wife mrs. Mehrunnisa althaf jahangir, (Alias mehrunnisa a jahangir alias mehrunnisa allahbaksh makandar, alias mehrunnisa a makandar) resident of “ next to naaz shamiyana bldg, ganesh peta, hubli, both earlier residing at their rented house no.295, leela, 7th main, 14th cross, dollars colony, rmv ii stage, bangalore-560094, and now shifted to# 307, a block, sterling apartment, dollars colony, bangalore – 560 094. Now that the whole family shifted to hubli to escape the wrath of the people whom he had to pay..
Formation of factual process of thecomplaint:
Mr. Mr. Altaf hussain jahangir who claimed himself as an ias officer of goi appointed as a liaisoning person under saarc project for allotment of developed industrial lands from karnataka industrial and infrastructure ltd. To nris,, through his friendly relationship, has represented me to apply for allotment of a developed industrial land from karnataka industrial and infrastructure ltd. For my proposed business project and made me pay for this purpose various amounts to qed india (Saying as its project consultants)
To make believe his credentials, :
1. He showed his visiting card which described as “mr. Altaf hussain jahangir, i. A. S.”
2. His vehicle ran with “red flash lights on” which can be done by only specified vvips. (I had also seen 2 cars with “red flash lights ” parked in front of his house). Why police in bengaluru could not track the culprit at earlier stages.
3. His name as “ ip consultant in the website -http://www.kctu.kar.nic.in/pdf/ clusterconsultants. Pdf. The website is of karnataka government.
4. His office address was stated ” qed india, # 5/1, 2nd floor, 1st cross, serpentine road, kumarapark west, bangalore-560 020”. (This address appeared correct when checked)
5. A counter checking through internet showed qed india as consultants to karnataka industrial and infrastructure ltd., among others also. Vide web site:…qedindia.org….
6. He convinced us by showing as a speaker for ip projects in hong kong wherein his name was mentioned in website. http://bipasiaforum.com/en/info_participant_list.html
7. He mentioned that he is attached with saarc academy and given speeches on ip projects.http://saarcacademy.org/download/AHEDCIL%20Profile.pdf
All the above factors made us believe that the above persons could be relied upon.
All the payments were also made with the full knowledge of his wife and were through legal channels like demand drafts, cheques and bank transfers to qed india. During august 2014, mr. Altaf jahangir insisted for immediate payment of rs. 30 lakhs, for facilitating registration of land and this was the last payment of rs.30 lakhs made on[protected]. (It transpired later that this entire amount of rs.30 lakhs was paid out to various accounts, the details of which will throw light to his other manipulations)
For all the payments made, computerised receipts were issued without signatures by anybody. (However, after all the revelations about his nefarious activities has come to light, in nov 2014, we could insist and get an acknowledgement from him for receipt of paid moneysigned by him as ceo of qed india.)
The seed of doubt and our own investigations:
Mr. Altaf hussain jahangir was arrested by seshadripuram police on charges of cheating a builder, mr. Reddy of amma constructions to the tune of 93 lakhs.
We started checking over internet and found that the news was true and it had appeared in deccan herald, times of india, indian express and prajavani and other news papers.
On further probing through internet, we found that this man mr. Altaf hussain jahangir and his father t. Jahangir was arrested in year 2005 and the news appeared in the hindu newspaper.[ this news still in internet] this was also a case of opening a fake account showing as a government company which never existed and making fake cheques and transferring to his own account. He cheated to the tune of rs2.42 crores.
Website - http://www.thehindu.com/2005/10/31/stories/[protected].htm
Two arrested on charge of cheating bank
Hubli: the hubli police have arrested a man and his son for allegedly cheating a nationalised bank of rs. 40.6 lakhs by producing forged cheques in the name of a government agency.
The names of the arrested have been given as t. Jahangir and his son altaf jahangir, residents of gopalpur malamaddi in dharwad.
The police have recovered from them rs. 9.80 lakhs in cash, a car, a two-wheeler and some jewellery.
The police said that altaf had opened an account in the name of corporate promotion incorporated at the adarshnagar branch of state bank of mysore in hubli three years ago stating that he is a contractor for a government agency called karantaka state land development corporation, which did not exist.
He had opened an account in his father's name at the indian overseas bank in dharwad. Altaf collected money from state bank of mysore after presenting the cheques and deposited the same money in his father's account in indian overseas bank. It usually took the state bank of mysore a month to get the money back from indian overseas bank. Altaf took advantage of this and gained the confidence of the bank officials.in the last one-and-a-half months, altaf had done a transaction of rs. 2.42 crores in a similar fashion, narayan nadamani, commissioner of police, said.
Last week, two cheques of rs. 15.60 lakhs and rs. 25 lakhs were returned to state bank of mysore with remarks "inadequate funds". When altaf came to the bank with two more cheques for rs. 8.2 lakhs, the manager withheld the payment and inquired with his counterpart in indian overseas bank
The modus operandi appears to be that the accounts were opened by creating institutions/ names with some economically weak people as its directors etc., and money got paid into such institutions/people and then get it transferred either to his or to his wife’s account and utilized or invested differently. Only further investigations shall reveal the magnitude of such cheating.
While he claims he is ceo of qed india, he is also ceo of jayson infrastructure ltd bangalore with fake profile uploaded in website - http://www.indiamart.com/jaysons-infrastructure-india/aboutus.html.
He had advertised in internet to trap people for this fake institution. http://bangalore.quikr.com/Urgent-opening-in-a-reputed-firm-for-a-Full-Time-Jobs...⇄
An opportunity to build your career in full time jobs other. The role involves working in the corporate planning / consulting functional area. Educational qualification : post-graduate. Experience required - less than 1 yr. Require a self motivated candidate with good communication skills. Please mention in the email/reply how soon you will be able to join us along with current salary. Interested candidates can reach me at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Call me at: [protected]. When you call, don't forget to mention that you found this ad on quikr.
Thus goes his known background.
As for qed india, to which mr. Altaf hussain jahangir instructed us to pay the amounts also seems to be an institution created by him more or less similar to the one he has done in hubli, to hoodwink the public and siphon off the money paid to its account.
Our probe to the limited extent reveal the following:-
1. This is not a company; but a society of 9 persons and registered under the society’s act
2. All the above 9 persons are employed by him, evidently to act and sign wherever/whenever he demands and transfer the benefits/ money to the accounts of his choice. (His name is not there anywhere in the picture and he plays safe).
3. The receipt of moneys paid by me, and signed by him as “ ceo, qed india “ now is probably the only evidence linking him to qed india. Which cannot be refuted by him. (Barring his visiting card and other printed documents etc.)
4. These 9 persons seems to be hapless people eking out a living through this employment and there is no other go for them otherwise. (To say it biblically “they do not know what they are doing”). And mr. Altaf is exploiting them.
5. It is not known as to how many bank acounts were opened by him in fictitious/ benami names and institutions, to chanalise the moneys received by qed india, which will be known only by a thorough investigations.
6. However, there are definite evidences to show that some of the moneys were transferred from qed india to his wife’s accounts in various banks at hubli and bangalore during 2013 and 2014. Her bank accounts indicates she is a “house wife” and there are no explainable reasons for such transfers from qed india to her account). She has also purchased landed property during this period.
The details of some of such bank accounts held by her and transfer of amounts thereto are furnished below: (These are not exhaustive due to various limitations in collecting data and are therefore subject to further investigations and updating).
Mr. And mrs. Altaf hussain jahangir are simply fooling me with false promises. They has also invested some benami property in the name of different family member in hubli.
These cheques were issued with the specific assurance that the cheques would immediately be honored on the same being presented upon the drawee banker for acceptance and payment of the amount due there under, either on the respective dates mentioned in the cheques or at any time subsequent thereto, within the period of their validity, when presented by me for encashment through his bank which however, stands dishounored,, is also appears to be a serious offence under section 138 and 141 of the negotiable instruments act
Since mr. And mrs. Altaf hussain jahangir have fraudulently diverted qed india (The society’s) funds to mrs. Altaf hussain jahangir and brought properties elsewhere in their names, kindly do the needful, so that the money paid by me is refunded by them, if necessary by disposing their ill-gotten property and also request you sir to consider taking necessary action you may deem fit for their criminal activities.
Complaint already lodged with cid bangalore - commissioner of police bangalore and no reply and no arrest. Case in the court is going on and he is absconding. He says that several congress leaders are supporting him so he cannot be touched. Totally he cheated 25 crores from different people in bangalore.
His name has been removed from various organisations and website postings.
He has to return back the money... Cheque bouncing is offence and he is in the run. Non bailable warrant against him.
|7 Comments Updated:||Share0Tweet0Share0|