BMC - Complaint about Street Dogs

Vikas Devnani
My name is Vikas Devnani. Residing at 404-C Anita Building No12, Near Mahindra & Mahindra Gate No 4, Lokhandwala Township, Kandivli (East), Mumbai – 400101.

I would like to bring your kind attention on the problem being faced by residents of Anita Nagar and Lokhandwala Township as a whole. Sir there are numerous street dogs in this vicinity. They bark even on permanent residents of this area. I have seen and faced this situation where these dogs barks on us and come closer to bite, several person have faced the same problem especially small children & senior citizens. I personally had succumed to an injury in my leg as I moved a step back when one such such dog was trying to jump on to me. While I moved a step backwards, there was a stone kept there as a result of which I slipped and the ankle of one of my legs twisted. Especially at night these dogs just come running behind you in a group and are almost about to bite.

So this is my humble request to you to please pay attention on my letter and send Dog catcher team immediately in this area so that we can get rid of this problem soon.

Yours faithfully
Vikas Devnani.

Comments

PANCARD NOT RECEIVED - BMC

MY NEW PAN CARD NOT RECEIVED WHICH APPLY FOR CORRECTION PURPOSE BUT MY PROBLEM IS THAT MY ACKNOLEGEMENT RECEIPT IS MISSPLACE AND NEW PAN CARD WHICH IS APPLY FOR BIRTH DATE CORRECTION IS NOT RECEIVED

corrected pan card not received

no reply - BMC

our society has been writting complaints to the BMC water bill since april 07 for mistake of meter reading by muncipal officer, and we have visited there office more then 20 times but not recieved proper response from there side, always there is inavailabilty of the staff .
how do i resolve this matter as the intrest is going on increasing
thks

Please reply on our mail :and send us our Bill Amount for the Month of March - April 2009.
Our P/South Ward . Water Meter No. PSC8660000. Customer Code No. 0910HEW0353195.

I'm Joy Chakravarty. Residing at 202/3 Meridien Apts, Near Last Bus Stop, Veera Desai Road, Andheri (West), Mumbai – 400 058.

I too have been facing a similar problem with stray dogs barking, jumping and chasing behind me in my own residential complex. I'm not a dog hater, but like any human, i hate creatures which cause distress in my daily life, be it terrorists or dogs. People in the society feed these dogs, and these dogs then remain faithful to them but what about us? (If any dog lover is reading this, please take and keep these dogs in your house as they may be sweet to you but they are not to others). I haven't caused them any harm but i don't like to cuddle them either. Is that a crime?. I can't cause harm to them since 'peta' would screw me then. But I seriously want to know what do i do for self defense, or is there any organization/NGO which is going to stand up for people like us. It seems everybody (Dog lovers from the society, peta etc) are all in favour of those 'innocent dogs' please let me know what am i supposed to do.
I also don't understand the BMC policies, it sterilizes the dogs and leaves them right where they were, Indian Army/Police should also do the same with caught terrorists, that would surely stop them from harming anyone in the future, what an idea (sarcastically).

Thanks & Regards,
Joy Chakravarty

I live near jogeswari sadbhakti bus stop. There are numerous dogs in our vincity, some of them are regularly feed by some dog lovers residents. BMC had taken them for sterilization, but that same dog gave birth to 8 pups. Day by day dog's population is increasing, i wan't to complain that pls take these dogs away, they'r not letting us study, sleep and walk properly. They'r also dirtying our compounds too. Many dogs are been take care by dog lovers, but they aren't vaccinating or sterilizing them. If their nuisance doesn't stop I'll kill them.

My name isAbdul Aziz Ahmed Residing at Noorani Masjid Chawl, Amir Baug No - 2, Room No 11, Chembur, (West), Mumbai – 400089.

I would like to bring your kind attention on the problem being faced by residents of Noorani Masjid Chawl, Amir Baug No - 2, as a whole. Sir there are numerous street dogs in this vicinity. They bark even on permanent residents of this area. I have seen and faced this situation where these dogs barks on us and come closer to bite, several person have faced the same problem especially small children & senior citizens. I personally had succumed to an injury in my leg as I moved a step back when one such such dog was trying to jump on to me. While I moved a step backwards, there was a stone kept there as a result of which I slipped and the ankle of one of my legs twisted. Especially at night these dogs just come running behind you in a group and are almost about to bite.

Yours faithfully
Abdul Aziz Ahmed
alinal BMC  - Mumbai, Mumbai City, Maharashtra, India

Trees growing dangerously in Wadala(E), Mumbai - BMC

I would like to bring to your notice that there are very old trees growing dangerously near Walchand Bunglow and their branches could fall that could even cost the lives of the residents living nearby.
Kindly, look into the matter.
Location: Dosti acres ( lane towards Antop Hill bus stop)
Wadala east, Mumbai-37
satish.30 BMC  - Maharashtra, India

i there to all
i stay in kandivali(E) ThakurVillage
when i came down 10 years back it was with one of the best road and clean
but from few years it has become one of the bad est road . and it stink like hell .
parag06 BMC  - Thane, Maharashtra, India

Regular Nuisance of Dogs - Parag D shah

m a resident of Thane from Kisan nagar no-3, we are facing a lot of problems from street dogs, there are 10-15 dogs here shouting day and night and spoiling our premises. We can not sleep at night also. Your dog catching vans have come for this many times but ther is no result. I kindly request you to take immediate action on this matter. My address is Kisan nagar no-3, waghle estate, Thane(w), Thane-400604
N Feb 6, 2011 by
shahnawaz shaikh

Hi, Shahnawaz

Sjop No. 06, Kamdhenu Shopping Center, 1st Cross Lane, Lokhandwala complex, Andheri W, Mumbai - 400053.

Front of my shop i think so nearly 10 people have been biting them. and also we don't even know that how dogs is been affected by rabbis. so we are request you to kindly take immediate action for the same.

thanking you.

Shahnawaz shaikh - 9819721613
N Mar 26, 2011 by
rsp BMC  - Mumbai City, Maharashtra, India

dog nuisance - BMC

i ranjit,wants to complaint abt dog nuisance by street dog,there r around 40 to 45 dogs all over near jivala pada & chikhal wadi at thakur village, kandivli east.
all barks full night & attacks on small chidren of near by.please stop these animlas.day by day there nos are rising
N May 26, 2011 by
roshnishetty

My name is roshni shetty residing at E-16, 3rd floor, Parijat c.h.s, deonar baugh, near telecom factory, deonar east, mumbai-400088
I would like to bring your kind attention on the problem being faced by me and few residents and the people who come to work in our society because of the stray dogs in our compound.There are 4 stray dogs in our compound and these dogs are being fed by few residents of our society and among the few residents there is one resident who stays below my floor he feeds the dogs daily prawns chicken milk rice fish outside his door so it makes the dog sit outside his door daily for the food and till now the dog has bitten our newspaper boy, two servants who come to work in our society and out of that one servant left the job because she got scared of the dog.last night out of these four dogs one dog started barking at me and was about to bite me but fortunately my husband was in the compound so i was saved from dog.Being a permanent member the dog barks at so many people unexpectedly.I and few residents and people who enter our compound are really scared of these dogs .Few days backs bmc had come to pick these straydogs from our compound and the complaint was made by d other society people opposite to our compound vatika c.h.s but one of the resident from parijat c.h.s who is a dog lover didnt let the bmc people to take the dogs but yesterday after facing this incident i really got scared and i would like to voice my opinion and request bmc to take the dogs away from the compound .Its a sincere request from my end to please take these stray dogs away as soon as possible and take immediate action
roshni shetty-9702062002, 9820608543
A Jul 4, 2011 by
reshma javed

I totally agree with all above comments. I live in Mazgaon Central Railway Officer's colony, near Burhani College. The area is full of dogs who snap and bite at everyone including the residents without any provocation.My 10 year old daughter had been a victim of severe dog attack when she was only 5 years old and ever since then she is terrified of dogs.It has become a menace for all residents as these dogs create a mess all over the colony which spreads out in the rains.It is feared that this may lead to waterborne diseases.Moreover every night there are massive dog fights and we are all awakened from our sleep by the loud and continuous barking.The servants living in our servant quarters feed these dogs which has resulted in such a huge number of dogs in our area.I sincerely request BMC to remove these dogs from our area before something serious happens.If the dog lovers are so concerned they may also be taken away and kept with the dogs.
N Jul 10, 2011 by
shyam65 BMC  - Odisha, India

Proper Service - BMC

This is for BMC to look into the street lighting and garbage disposal. BMC has raised the Tax , but what you get in return. The previous Commissioner & Mayor had put up the street light post , why are they not activated. Even on the cleanness of the city, only the main roads or the roads visited by VVIP are cleaned what about Nilardri Vihar???
N Jul 21, 2011 by
Betsy George BMC  - Maharashtra, India

Bad road - BMC

I travel from Bandra East station to Kalina by rickshaw on a daily basis. the road stretch from Bandra east station to Bandra High Court is full of potholes. The road is of uneven level with broken concrete paver block of uneven level. It is very difficult to even walk on this road.
N Sep 4, 2011 by
Chirag K Sanghvi BMC  - Mumbai Suburban, Maharashtra, India

Road conditions - BMC

I am a resident of JAMBLI gully borivali(west) , we here are faced with very pathetic road conditions of our area and neighbouring area like LT road etc , this roads are not repaired since years only some touchwork is done over night if some VIP is going to visit over here its difficult for old age and pregnant ladies to travel on this roads, pls here to this compliant and do the needful
N Sep 14, 2011 by
rupesh k koli

Good Morning,

I mr rupesh k koli residing at 20-A, BAPU NAKHAWA HOUSE, NAVAROJI ROAD, OPP. DR. D.B.DAWAN, COLABA KOLIWADA, MUMBAI - 400 005.

I complaint of GOAT's & Sheeps

My house is Gauthan area & i am staying in ground floor, so in front of my house some place open there various sr.citizen siting on evening for time pass. But in night so many Goats & sheeps came and make dirty place by making POOTY & URINE and they are eating my plant also. I complaint to their owner but they are not taking care.

request please take up the matter and solved becoze so many sr. citizen siting on that place.
N Nov 9, 2011 by
Powertoconsumer BMC  - Mumbai City, Maharashtra, India

congestion outside crematorium @Shivaji Park, Mumbai - BMC

Despite repeated complaints the issue of congestion outside crematorium of Shivaji Park, Dadar has remained unresolved. The already narrow lane, is been dug up for some work. This morning the goods carrier bus of BEST blocked the road. Picture of the same pasted below

N Jan 25, 2012 by
Sharad Jain

bandra station road - BMC

bmc officials please check the roads between western express highway and bandra railway station, main road to connect for the station. please make it fast

BMC - Complaint about Street Dogs