Chalo Jaai - Package Tour - Chalo Jaai – Worst Experience …Never tour with them

sumit_basak
In May this year I booked Himachal Pradesh package tour through Chalo Gaai, one of big tour operators in Kolkata. I have toured with many tour operators in the past, but this was the worst experience for me on an organized tour! The kind of experience I went through dealing with Chalo Jaai, right from booking stage to post tour interaction was simply worst.

My personal recommendation is to avoid Chalo Jaai at any cost. They cannot provide promised good accommodation, good food, comfortable travel and good coverage of the destination – in short meet basic expectations. Chalo Jaai as concluded by all the tour members (customers) on this tour is a mis-managed, un-professional tour company providing worst possible service for the premium amount they charge.

*********How Chalo Jaai cheated on this tour:**************

~Cheap Hotel Selection~:
During booking process, it was assured by Chalo Jaai that good star like hotel accommodation would be provided during the tour. Whereas except Shimla, condition of hotel accommodation provided by the tour operator was so bad and poor that nobody could imagine also. In Manali, they forced us to stay in a unhygienic damp room which is not even a hotel also.

~Food~:
One of the reasons for most of customers to select Chalo Jaai was the promise to provide very good food on all days of the tour. The food that was served on most of the days was either inadequate or poor quality, with absolutely no choice available. The most surprising fact was while returning from Amritsar to Kolkata by train, no food was provided to us and we had to arrange our food from running pillar to post. They were not even bothered to arrange food for our babies.

~Worst Tour Guide/Manager~:
The manager of the tour was never accessible. He was not bothered to listen to anybody's problem or requirements.

For the heavy price that the we paid on this tour had to pay in terms of time, money, mental peace and above all ruining family vacation, all the tour members were mentally very upset after returning from the tour. The entire episode has left us with most traumatic experience of being cheated by Chalo Jaai for our hard earned money.

Comments

Best Review
Chalo Jaai – Worst Experience…Never tour with them
We booked Arunachal Pradesh package tour through Chalo Jaai, one of big tour operators in Kolkata and toured Guwahati, Bhalukpong, Dhirang, Bomdilla & Tawang with them during the post puja vacations this year. I have toured several places in India with other less popular travel agencies in the past, but this was the horrible experience for me with a ‘reputed’ tour operator. Chalo Jaai even cannot match the level of them. The kind of experience I went through dealing with Chalo Jaai, was simply worst/bitter and is listed below.
• We could only start our journey on 20.10.10 from Hotel Ginger, Guwahati at 9:30A.M. much after schedule as the vehicles ( four Tata Sumos) for the journey turned up very late. The sumo vehicle meant for my and another family members was soiled both outside and inside. On the way from Guwahati to Bhalukpong the sumo vehicle on which we were travelling broke down twice and was temporarily repaired.
• On the morning of 21.10.10 at Prashanti cottage, Bhalukpong, Assam breakfast was served to us at 9:30 A.M two hours after the scheduled time, for reasons unknown to us and we could only depart for Dhirang after 10.25 A.M.
• The tour members reached Dhirang at 7:30 P.M. and had to wait in hotel reception hall as the hotel manager refused to allot rooms without the necessary documents which were with the tour manager. It was raining outside and very cold. We could not contact with the Mr. Pralay Das, Chalo Jaai Tour manager as he did not possess any valid mobile connection. The tour Manager finally arrived at 8:30P.M. and informed us about vehicle break-down somewhere on the way. We were then able to check in. We failed to understand why Mr. Das the Chalo Jaai, Tour Manager did not contact any of us or the Hotel Manager from a local PCO to inform about his problem. Neither does Mr. Das did not have the courtesy of apologizing for his fault.
• Similar incidents of serving late breakfast consequently late departure also occurred at Pemaling Hotel, Dhirang. The passengers reached Sela Pass(13, 700 ft) at about 1:20 P.M.and waited for nearly 11/2 hr. in chilling cold for the Tour Manager’s vehicle which was nowhere to be seen. We could not contact the Tour Manager for the same reason of invalid mobile connection and was wondering worse situations which may befall him and the cooks. Neither did Mr. Das had the sense of informing us about his problem. Finally we (the tour members) departed from Sela Pass at 2:50 P.M. to have lunch at a local food stall. Without knowing the route our driver drove us safely to Hotel Siddharth, with the help of local Military.
• The vehicle that was allotted for my and Mr. Ghosh’s family members broke down near Tawang bajar on 23.10.10. The vehicle was repaired and the next day viz. 24.10.10 before leaving for Sangstar Lake Mr. Das, the Tour Manager ensured us that the vehicle is O.K. and all the three Tata Sumos will travel together. Unfortunately, on the way to the said Lake the same vehicle had a mechanical snag which was repaired by removing some filters. All the vehicles resumed journey with the repaired vehicle moving behind. After traveling for some distance the other two vehicles which were in good conditions traveled fast and left us far behind. Mr. Das who was in the middle vehicle did not have any control over the vehicles. While descending towards the Lake from the highest position at Tawang the repaired vehicle fell in a hill side ditch and got stuck. Neither of the other two vehicles were at sight and we with three female members were helpless. Luckily after waiting for half an hour some local people came to our help and they pulled up our vehicle after which we were able to reach the lake.
• We were also misinformed regarding the tour to Bumla Pass from Tawang. It was stated by the authorities at the office of Chalo Jaai, Kolkata that Bumla Pass is inaccessible and local vehicles also cannot reach upto the said pass. But on reaching Tawang we learnt that many tourists traveling with other tour operators have visited Bumla Pass and are very much enjoyed in having a lifetime chance to visit this historical Pass. The same incident happened to us again at the last day of our trip. The other two vehicle left us & we lost our way to Guwahati Stataion, but somehow managed to reach there driving almost extra 50 K.M.
• One of the reasons for most of travelers to select Chalo Jaai was the promise to provide very good food on all days of the tour. The food that was served on most of the days was not good with absolutely no choice available. The most surprising fact was that evening snacks was skipped for few days.

Conclusions ;
Any package tour's success is totally dependent on the tour manager how does he manages the show. The tour manager of this trip Mr. Das was unskilled in his job, arrogant, non-courteous, non-coopeartive, and showed special attention towards a few members with whom he may have some vested interest. He has got no experience of making trips to Arunachal Pradesh even. My personal recommendation is not to travel with Chalo Jaai anymore.

They cannot provide good food, comfortable travel and good coverage of the destination – in short meet basic expectations. Chalo Jaai as concluded by almost all the tour members (customers) on this tour is a mis-managed, un-professional tour company providing worst possible service for the premium amount they charge. For the heavy price that the we paid on this tour had to pay in terms of time, money, mental peace and above all ruining family vacation, most of the tour members were mentally very upset after returning from the tour. The entire episode has left us with most traumatic experience of being cheated by Chalo Jaai for our hard earned money.

not run reglarly & properly - Spice (S-8)

i Naresh Pathakl i buy a new mobile Handset of Spice Moble Product (S-8) in June 07 ,after few days it is not run properly so i gave the handset of Service Center in ratlam but last 40 days the service centre honour not giving me suitable answer about my mobile the mobile is under warranty period. I can not run my new handset in half a month after purchase and above 40 days it is in service centre.

Kindly do Needful.

im very interasting all of your tv program

I am a bit surprised to find these comments about a 'Chalo Jaai' trip. May be the expectation of the traveller was too high to be reasonably met. The tour tariff charged by ' Chalo Jaai'. is quite competitive and comfort level provided by them is reasonably good for the Bengali middle class tourists. I had the experience of travelling with 'Chalo Jaai' to Sunderban last year. I was highly satisfied with that value -for -money trip. In future, if I get opportunity, I would love to travel with them.

I booked a tour with Chalo Hai for Arunachal in in October, 08. The tour manager was suddenly changed. Some inexperince person went as Tour Guide. The food quality was below standard.
The Sumo which was used for our transport was overcrouded. All the hotels was not upto standard.
When we were stuck up idue to landslide, the crisis management was unsatisfactory.
In morning Roti & Aluvaja, or ion road Kichri cannot be called standard food.
I will think twice brfore goiing with Cholo Hai.
agree

i totally agree

Last year I visited Sikkim (20th Oct-27th Oct 2008) with Chalo Jaai and i was highly satisfied.Our team manager was Bappa & Babu.Both of them were very good.They provide us very good hotels and food.Even my 5yrs old son asked for chicken in dinner at Lachung and I got surprissed that Bappa arranged for it in Lachung.The rooms are alloted to us by lottery basis.There are mixed quality rooms.But all are on an average good.Even in sumo there are only 8 people (including my son), and the journey was quite comfortable.Some tourist always try to get homely comfort while touring which is not possible all the time.I think it is better for those people to stay at home and enjoy Chalo jaai video on TV.I would like to make another trip with Chalo Jaai in future.

I have booked a tour with Chalo Jaii, for Arunachal Pradesh on 27th March '10.
Hope, others who went on previous tours with them will tell us their experiences, so that the
future tourist are careful in selecting the tour operators.

Thanks for your views and updates.

Manoj Basak
mbasak123@yahoo.com
Bipul

I was thinking to go with Cholo Jai but if this going on then no people would love to tour with people like them. They should try to increase the felicities that they provide. It is clear that all the people are not satisfied. If they cannot satisfied the tourist they why should we going to pay then. People tour for mental happiness and recreation; not to get "mentally very upset".

I would like to ask they anyone knows any good tour management company who gives good felicities? It would be a great help :)

I would like to request you to all who wish to travel must ensure before selecting any tour operator whether that operator has to advertise for his business?

The tour operators who are selected by people based on their past performances rather than seeing their name from advertisements should be chosen.

Chalo Jaai is one of the Best !

Chalo Jai it kind of a WROST travel agent. They only bother about making money not providing good service, accomodation, food and management to the tourist.I would suggest NEVER to travel with them.

i wanted to go nepaltour on 22 may on your package tour . my mobile no 09438480484 .i stay in cuttack so how to pay you

Alok Banerjee says he was happy with Chalo Jai as ONLY 8 people were in the Sumo. I want to ask what is the capacity of a Sumo...is it more than 8 people. In fact, the maximum capacity of a Sumo is 8 people, which means everyone was sitting all cramped up. Probably for Alok Banerjee this was the first time he sat in a car, and was so happy he forgot about basic comforts. For lower-middle class people like him, Chalo Jai is good...not for others who are used to BASIC levels of touring.
In fact, any normal person has NEVER LIKED Chalo Jai tours.

Well I would like to add that. Any package tour's sucess is totally dependent on the tour manager how does he manages the show. If Chalo Jai was worst tour operator I had similar bad experience with peerless travel ( Now Kaizen holidays ) for package tour to shimla- manali.I had a worst experience with debraj resorts in Holi package last year advertisement says buffet lunch & dinner, however it was totally the other way round no buffet, limited food. they say it is a printing mistake. what else to share.I personally feel that all the tour operators should try create value for money so that travellers comes again and again rather going away.

CHALO JAI IS BIG CHEATER, IT IS FOR LOWER CLASS BENGALIS, NOT FOR THE MIDDLE CLASS UPPER CLASS.

chalo jai is just for show with big talk

So far I had gone twice with CHALO JAI. Initially during PUJA vacations in 2007 to Kumayoon. It was a marvellous experience, with the fact that the manager & his team was so courteous, coopeartive, congenial that each of the members were more than happy. And most of our menbers were Sr citizens except for few like us . It was in hills, lots of travel by road with tough terrrain .They added extra locations and FOOD in particular was extraordinary, individualistic care and options were given as per choice.Best part - one of our members had a CEREBRAL attack at MUNSIARI and she with the family was taken care of upto Delhi with escort & money on a life saving measure. For my last trip to RAJASTHAN in Nov last, I had a terribly bad experience, wheras this should have been best of memories with the place & palaces and infracstructure . As I believe The manager concerned is the Key issue . He should be taken for task, by each of you, otherwise you will come back with a bad experience.I had taken up with the owner, who is highly reregtful and handled in a very soft way. Hence booked again for the next trip to KASHMIR, May this year. WISH U ALL the best.

i am in quite a fix. my aunt went with them to tour south india in jan this yr n she was all praises for Chalo Jai. my friends n i r thinking of going with them. but i'm really not sure now. can people plz be explicit n detailed about the kind of 'good' n 'disastrous' experiences they had with Chalo jai? plz. we r concerned about the accomodation n also the food.

Chalo Jaai - Package Tour - Chalo Jaai – Worst Experience …Never tour with them