Chalo Jaai - Package Tour - Chalo Jaai – Worst Experience …Never tour with them

sumit_basak
In May this year I booked Himachal Pradesh package tour through Chalo Gaai, one of big tour operators in Kolkata. I have toured with many tour operators in the past, but this was the worst experience for me on an organized tour! The kind of experience I went through dealing with Chalo Jaai, right from booking stage to post tour interaction was simply worst.

My personal recommendation is to avoid Chalo Jaai at any cost. They cannot provide promised good accommodation, good food, comfortable travel and good coverage of the destination – in short meet basic expectations. Chalo Jaai as concluded by all the tour members (customers) on this tour is a mis-managed, un-professional tour company providing worst possible service for the premium amount they charge.

*********How Chalo Jaai cheated on this tour:**************

~Cheap Hotel Selection~:
During booking process, it was assured by Chalo Jaai that good star like hotel accommodation would be provided during the tour. Whereas except Shimla, condition of hotel accommodation provided by the tour operator was so bad and poor that nobody could imagine also. In Manali, they forced us to stay in a unhygienic damp room which is not even a hotel also.

~Food~:
One of the reasons for most of customers to select Chalo Jaai was the promise to provide very good food on all days of the tour. The food that was served on most of the days was either inadequate or poor quality, with absolutely no choice available. The most surprising fact was while returning from Amritsar to Kolkata by train, no food was provided to us and we had to arrange our food from running pillar to post. They were not even bothered to arrange food for our babies.

~Worst Tour Guide/Manager~:
The manager of the tour was never accessible. He was not bothered to listen to anybody's problem or requirements.

For the heavy price that the we paid on this tour had to pay in terms of time, money, mental peace and above all ruining family vacation, all the tour members were mentally very upset after returning from the tour. The entire episode has left us with most traumatic experience of being cheated by Chalo Jaai for our hard earned money.

Comments

N Jun 7, 2012 by
Amal Hajraa

I went to Rajasthan with Chalo Jaai, and my experience was NOT BAD and NOT VERY GOOD - Overall average.

We can criticize the CHALO JAAI in following basis:

TRAVELERS: If u are above 45, then Chalo Jaai is best for you, as the packages they offer are suited for the age range of 45-75, In our Rajasthan tour, 30 out of 37 people were above 50, and all of them were very happy with everything.

HOTELS: They offered us mixed quality of hotels, what I felt was, when it was stay for only one night, the hotel was good or above average, but while it was for 2 or 3 nights stay, then the quality of hotel were bad or below average.

FOOD: Throughout the tour they served their own cooked food, which me and my wife did not like very much as they were like everyday food u eat at your own home, generally it's Roti, Rice, Daal accompanied with Chicken or Fish, less spicy enough for filling the stomach - and low spices guaranteed that u will not have any stomach trouble :-) and also it's appropriate for the aged persons. We went to local or hotel adjoining restaurants for a change 3-4 days.

TRAVELLING VEHICLES: In Rajasthan they offered us a luxury 2/2 bus without AC, it was above 40 degree outside, but we made the full tour on a Non AC bus, in the first day, the manager asked if we wanted to shift to AC coach, but as most of the tourists were old people, they asked for Non-AC.

AC in Hotels: They offers Non-AC rooms, if u want, u can upgrade to AC for approx extra 300/- per night in most of the hotels.

CONCLUSION: I would suggest the young couple who aims to have a luxury tour, do not go with Chalo Jaai, if you are a middle class traveller and happy with minimum facilities, then u will be very happy, and I have seen most of our elders who are above 45 or 50, they gets happy easily so this company is perfect for them. If your main focus is to see the places and heritages, and do not look around for any luxury, then Chalo Jaai is just perfect.
N Jun 18, 2012 by
shoumava

Dude u Calcuttans need to grow up fast. I am a Bengali from Mumbai and my parents along with a large group from Mumbai and Delhi have toured with chalo jai, they have expressed utter satisfaction at the arrangements and service provided. Heard that Calcuttans are the people who crib for everything. You cannot expect Chalo jai to give u everything at the rates they are giving. Plz check the quotations of other tours and travels . I guess they have provided good service at a reasonable rate.
A Jun 27, 2012 by
ranadeepg

The fact is CHALO JAAI is not a travel agent but a tour organizer. They organize tour and handed over a third party travel agent and get commission. I am giving an incident. In the year 2003, my 2 friends formed a travel agency. In 2003 puja they got a 13 DAYS tour package of LADAKH from CHALO JAAI. One of my neighbor and his family also went to that tour and returned with a bitter experience. They payed Rs 12000/- per head to CHALO JAAI. After that I came to know that CHALO JAAI transferred that tour to a reputed agency for Rs. 9000/- per head (got his commission Rs. 3000/- per head without doing nothing) and that agency again transferred that tour to my friend for Rs. 7000/-. Now just think how, a tour of Rs 12000/- became Rs. 6000/- (obviously my friend kept his margin Rs. 1000/- per head). So think twice before going with CHALO JAAI. Although you find their banner and camera person (if group contains more than 10).
A Jul 22, 2012 by
pranaban1960

Chalo Jaai is only a Touts & nothing else. They don't have any basic infrastructure required to operate such travel agencies. They do transfer all loads to other agencies taking good commission. Hence, one can't expect same treatment always in all the tours.
N Aug 30, 2012 by
mona12345

I m monalisa.jst having the same opinion ab the travelagent, they are jst money making racket.they r jst cheated us in manashsorobor trip on28th july2012.they promised us for lnd cruiser but provide only a bus.which is cheaper.so i want my money back.which i ve given for land cruiser.

D Nov 5, 2012 by
madhumitamukherjee06

i want to know about there Doars tour programme...is there tour programme is good for a family of two young couple with there twin child? please response
D Nov 26, 2012 by
MSISDN

I visited North Indian tour with my wife on 1st November2012.The overall experience was so so but on return from Haridwar to Banaras was so pathetic and hectic and our tour manager Mr.Manoj Dutta didn't bother to ask us whether we were OK or not.The reservation coach of the train was completely packed up by unauthorised persons.I tried to contact over mobile but sorry to say his mobile was switched off.The standard of hotel accommodation and food was so so and we are planning to visit Kashmir on May 2013.
N Feb 1, 2013 by
das koushik

me and my family was went at

{1) pujo parikkrama
{2}vizak-hydrabad
{3}kasmir
{4}kerala
{5}rajasthan
My other family members travel with them in Himachal Big .If now i wants to do a trip i always think about chalo jai it is not only for chalo jai it is also for the people who travel with c.jai.we the travellers and chalo jai always travel like a team.so lets say everybody "CHALO JAI"
koushik das
koushik.das94@yahoo.com
N Apr 8, 2013 by
rhyme261

I went to Rajasthan with Cholo Jai in December, 2012. I was highly satisfied with them. Our tour manager was Somnath. He is a quality tour operator. We travelled around 1800 KM along Rajasthan by bus. They provided us with 2x2 push back luxury bus. The bus was so good that we never felt tired after travelling such a huge distance. Coming to hotels - they provided us with good quality hotels. The hotels in Bikaner, Udaipur, Mt. Abu & Pushkar were really high standards. I personally checked the tariff of the room which we stayed in & they all range from Rs 1500 to 2000. In Pushkar it was Rs 2500. For the food, I was really surprised to see that they provided different food in each & every day. For eg, we had 11 different chatnis for 11 different day. Even the sweets they served were made by their own cook. Now as for travelling - it was brillant. They provided us with Guide everywhere even in gardens also. One thing I was surprised to see that they also bought our entry tickets to each & every monuments. You only have to pay for your camera charge only. Only one thing I didnot like is that - you have to buy your own AC tickets in train journeys they wont assist you in this. I was really satisfied with them. Looking forward to tour with them in future.
N Apr 8, 2013 by
Siddhartha Sen

After travelling with various travel companies in Kolkata, my recent tour of North India with Chalojaai is beyond expectation.
People like us, the middle class Bengali, do seldom expect moderate charge for any service to be provided for our enjoyment in any shape. From such point of view it can be assured that the service and teamwork that has been provided within affordable financial limit during the tour may have set another feather on the success cap of Chalojaai travel . We are senior citizens. Chalojaai took charges for a safest and pleasant tour through this long days.
Some memories of the tour is posted .
Hope this travel club may go forward far more towards success in providing such packages to the travel lovers in the country setting apart the failures which has not been found in this tour .

...Siddhartha Sen

N Aug 25, 2013 by
pra_rc

Me and my family travelled with Chalo jaai during Dec to Vizac Araku Hyd. The quality of service rendered by chalo jaai and the tour manager Mr . Manish and Mr . Roni was simply excellent. They planned and manged the entire tour in a very experienced manner. I liked very much the food provided and the quality hotel arranged in a capital city like Hyd and the tour programe they arranged.Only the accomodotion in Vizac was not so good. But I belive nowhere everything is perfect. Overall I am very satisfied and would like to plan my next travel again with them

Prasit