Corporation of Chennai - Dog Menace

Ramesh16 on Feb 28, 2012
I am a resident of 7, Thiagappa Mudali first lane, Kilpauk, Chennai 10. There are a lot of street dogs in our locality and they are very ferocious and charge at people and come to bite them and sometimes also bite them. There is a dog in my neighboring house which has bit several people but still is protected by the owners. Today in the street one of the stray dog tried to charge at my 8yr old son and bite him in his legs and hand but luckily for him I was close by and I chased the dog away and the teeth of the dog did not pierce him.

I request the authorities to take firm action and capture all un-licensed stray dogs as there is a high risk of dog bites.

Ramesh Mob: 9444384369

Comments

N Jan 8, 2013 by
K.R.Chandrasekaran

Dear sirs,
we are residents of T.S.Krishna nagar mogpappair, chennai-600037. In our area there are large number of stray dogs which give botheration and fear to ladies and childen especially during nights. For the past ten days one stray dog which came from some where else has created night mare as it is afflicted with rabbis like appearance. There is also one female stray dog in the area which is biting and terrorising the residents of Door no.10/plot no.1498 of this nagar and never leaves the premisis and gives constant terror to children and other elders and senior citizens who have to come out only with stick with caution. We request the Corporation Stray dog catching squad to catch these two dogs in particular and get rid of us from constant fear.
K.R.Chandrasekaran,
Joint Secretary to Government(Retd)
Chennai-37
N Jun 27, 2013 by
chandrasekarankr

Kindly see my complaint dated 8/1/2013 above, regarding the street dogs menace in our area(T.S.Krishna nagar, Mogappair East)In addition to half a dozen dogs, one female dog which gives botheration for the past 6 months. In addition to the atrocities mentioned in my previous complaint, the dog daily picks up garbage bags, kept in the road for the food it contains, and after consuming some of it, the rest of perishables are strewn on the road. Because of it the area has become unhygienic and cause for ill health. Though dog catchers, ( with dog van, ) came to the area, no effective steps were taken sincerely to catch the dog. We feel astonished when experienced dog catchers( about 3 persons) inform us that they are unable to catch the dog. It is unbelievable. The authorities concerned are requested to take urgent action to catch the dog and send it dog yard or Blue cross hospital, and get the residents of the area free from worries and constant fear.

K.R.Chandrasekaran,
Joint Secretary to Government(Retd)
Chennai-37