Crompton greaves 1.5HP multi stage jet pump - Mechanical Seal leak

Sandipan Sarma
With reference to the subject cited above I have the honour to inform you that I bought one Crompton Greaves 1.5 HP Multi Stage Pump set, model-MJM1.5H, SL-FGBJ50378 form Magnet House, Manipuri Basti, G.S.Road, Guwahati-7 on 07-01-09.
But to my utter surprise from the very first day I noticed some leakage near the shaft. Gradually the leak increases and subsequently I complaint to servicing center phone nos.9864096739 on 12th May09.On 13th May/09 on authorised person name Mr. B. Das came and dismentled the pump and took away to their workshop. On 14th May/09 they bring the pump back and fitted and after priming the pump started but the defect remains the same. Mr. J. Medhi the works manager ask me to pay the price of the mechanical seal amounting to Rs.210/-. But I decided not to pay the same as defect is not rectified. Mr. B. Das assured me that leak will automatically dies down and he went home. I contact him again and informed him abou the leak over phone but the person concerened didn't turn up.
Again I went to the the workshop of Crompton Greaves on 22-05-09 and lodged complaint and they assured me get the mechanical seal replaced at the site.Accordingly they came and replaced the Mechanical seal at the site. But to my utter surprise the technical person who is re4pairing the pump twice cann't recxtify the defect. This is a complint against such a organisation who is manufacturing pump since 1964. They produced a bill vide no953 dated 22-05-09 for the mechanical seal and this time I paid the bill.
I again lodged complain over phone on29-05-09 regarding the defect and they told and they replied that donot have stock of mechanical seal when it will available they surely replace it. But till today they didn't turn up
I would like to look in to the matter and take appopriate action in order to rectify the defect so that I may be releived of priming the pump every day.
Sincerely
Sandipan Sarma,
Santi Path, House no-24,
R.G.Baruah Road,
Guwahati-24
Assam
phone nos.9706341401

Comments

N Jan 11, 2011 by
suhas paul

sir i have installed ajet pump in my single storied house at bilaspur(CG) whenever i go on leave ie few days gap to run the pump we suffer from this pump otherwise no problem i am facing.can u tell me the remedy of this.it is not also easyly primed.when this situation occur i become in a trouble. at the time of purchasing i had great faith on cg pumps but practically i am suffering.
pls get-rid-of from this trouble.
N Jan 12, 2011 by
reena paul

sir, i am very much fond of your product since begining. but nowdays i am suffering from my jet pump made by you.When we go on live we feel problem of priming the pump.it is not easily primed it takes lot of time. kindly tell me remedy of it. pipe 80ft from ground level.my mobile no. 9437009304.i am engineer of ntpc ltd.i know very well your product understanding that i purchased it.

Crompton greaves 1.5HP multi stage jet pump - Mechanical Seal leak