E Ticket - waitlisted e ticket not taken as valid ticket to journey

swapnil ramesh chavhan
i was travelling through my e ticket from korba to nagpur by shivnath express (No 8239).My PNR no was 6115916469 .
I was having a waitlisted ticket with waiting no 1 for 3A class.
Whnen i approached the TTE with my ticket he told me that the e ticket with the waiting no is not valid and i need to get the new ticket with the dues.
He took bribe from me for the allotment of the seat that too in the sleeping coach.
IRCTC should write it clearly on the ticket that the waitlisted ticket is not valid for journey morever if the ticket is not valid they should not issue the waitlisted tickets

Comments

i would like to know why waiting e-ticket is not valid? what is the exact problem in granting waiting e-ticket? is there is any problem related to s/w used in tht or smethng else. i think there should be sme procedure as it causes much pain to the passengers. irctc should cme up wit sme solution as now a days max no. of population is using ths.
if any 1 aware why ths happen pls do rply me...!!!

When I book a tkt in Tatkal scheme why always i get a waiting tkt, even though i start booking at sharp 8 am.how d hell d seats get filled up so fast ie; within 3 mins 30 seats get filled up.nd if there is no validity of waiting tatkal e tkt den why is it being issued to us?can someone plz help me in sugesting the ways so dat i get a confirmed tkt.
N Oct 17, 2013 by