Indian Railways Refund Cell - Non Refund of complete train fair

Neeraj Jaggi
I booked a train ticket thru internet reservation for train nos.2203 for dt: 5.12.09, PNR- 6122066929 . Train was late for more than 10hrs. I had some urgent work so i didnot traveled on the train. I filed TDR for Rs593 on 8.12.08 (Ref No: ekt200812800301440). I was refunded Rs284 on 30.3.09 i.e. less than 50% (refund file No: 2003/IRCTC/ERTD/Refunds). It was clearly mentioned in refund rules that 100% refund will be done "if train is late more than 3hrs". I have been calling & sending mails to railway's refund dept. at tdrprocess@irctc.co.in repeatedly from last 8monts. On 25.11.09 i was told that only 50% refund will be made because it has been very old matter. Is it consumers/customers fault that GOVT. DEPTT. are not working and i have to bear a loss of Rs309 for their mistake. I have been give nos. of Mr AK Jain- 01123742737 by TDR deptt. as he is the head to settle this issue. I have been calling thsi nos. since 20.11.09 and no body picked up the phone. Can somebody pls help me to get my refund back from railways or this is a practice of Govt. to crush the public with their non working deptts.
Complaint comments 0 Comments