Lcd 36 inch TV - Philips LCD TV not working and never got support

Shabz on Dec 19, 2011
Hi All,

This is not just a complaint , But a not notification for all in Philips who believe that they provide service !!!!!!

I am Shabnash VU , an unfortunate India who purchased Philips product on 26-3-2001 20:56:11 from LULU Hyper Market (Al Wahda Mall-UAE) with invoice number 13321 .

It was conveyed that , Philips is a international company and they provide 'INTERNATIONAL SUPPORT' !!!!!! My TV is not working for the past four months , Still now they have not derived a solution for this ..... The support team came to the house and told that we don't have the right guarantee papers to work on the same .... Then we contacted the LULU manager who confirmed the paper does have the all necessary papers ... He also took the ownership and gave his personal number for any further clarification . But the Great Support team in Thrissur is not willing to talk or consider the same . Finally I took the TV and went to the Service center where they checked the papers and confirmed that we have all necessary papers .... It was a mistake from the service tech who came there ...... Then they checked and told that they have to Change the TV ... Now its more than 2 months . They are not ready to give another TV or not ready to give us the complaint number ....

What should we do ???? Should we realize that Philips was a wrong choice and throw it ?????

Product Details:-
Model NO :32PFL3605/98
Serial Number : SR1A1106003374

For any further Information on the service done by the Service Center they gave the below mentioned Numbers
0487-2424723
0487-2446626
+91 994-650-0857

Thanks for all support in advance !!!

Shabnash VU
+91 963-329-5131

Comments

Mohit84 Lcd 36 inch TV  - India

Not working-Worst Service - Philips LCD 26 Inch

I bought a Philips LCD TV on March 2, 2008 from Vijay Sales, Borivali (West), Mumbai. In the last week of May, the TV stopped working. I was given two numbers and much to my shock, when I initially called up Philips call centre I was told that the visiting charges was Rs. 3300. And the next time it was 2500 Rs. My LCD had cost me 23, 000.

How can on this earth one afford to pay the hefty visiting charges, leave alone the charges of the parts. If I pay the charges, it would be better that I buy a new colour TV..

I think there should be uniform rate and it should be bought down to the level of affordability.. I don’t think that with such charges people will ever buy your products..I have earlier used Philips electronic products but I did not experience any major complaint…
Was it my mistake to buy Philips LCD TV?
N Jan 16, 2011 by
kururamesh Lcd 36 inch TV  - Thrissur, Kerala, India

lcd tv not working - 26 inch LCD TV

dear sir

we had purchased a LG lcd from a shop in thrissur kerala om10 june 2010 the new tv stopped working from 22 dec 2010 . immediatly we registered a compiant in LG service cener [ 101223014514] .still today 17 jan 2011 the problem is still exist their only irresponsible replay is parts are not avialable . so iam really dispointed person and how i can solve my problem?

ramesh
N Dec 21, 2011 by
Philips

Dear Consumer,

We regret and apologize for all the inconvenience caused to you.

We have escalated this complaint to the concerned department for an immediate resolution.

We assure speedy resolution to your complaint.

Thanks & Regards,
Philips Consumer Care, India
1800-102-2929
1860-180-1111
N Dec 26, 2011 by
Shabz

Thanks for your reply ... This is to let you know about the updates on the same .

I got a call from Shibu (Regional Manager) and I described him the entire story . He told he will check the status and call me . The next day I got a call and told me that I will have to pay some conversion amount as the TV was purchased from UAE .He also mentioned that he need time to evaluate the conversion charge .Today (26-DEC-2011) got a call and asked me to pay RS 2500 as the conversion charge . Why should I pay another RS 2500 ? ...

I asked him to get me the reason for that . He told that, they dont have the same model TV with them so I need to purchase upgraded version of TV.
I dont want to Upgrade my TV . Even if I want to upgrade, why should I go for PHILIPS . " MY CONCERN IS --> I BOUGHT A TV FROM PHILIPS AND THAT IS NOT WORKING " get me that TV fixed or replace as mentioned in the Manual . I am not asking to replace a TV, that I have bought five years back . I bought the TV on 26-3-2001 where in the last four months the TV is not working . I am behind your Great Support team for the last four months.

Then Shibu (Regional Manager) told that, he will get his BOSS on line . Then I got a call from Prassanna (shibu's BOSS), Who have the same thing to tell .I am fed up with this game ... IS there anyone in PHILIPS who really care about the Customers ????

Shabnash VU