NSDL - PAN Card Verification by PAN Number

Avinash Patodi
Submission of PAN Card and PAN Verification to know the correctness of PAN is a mandatory exercise in order to comply with the KYC Norms of the RBI/Other Regulators.

Most of the customers/business entities submit their PAN Cards/ give their PAN Nos as refereence before activation of facility from a bank/telecom operator/mutual funds/insurance companies. However, the problem is that NSDL does not provide facility to Search/Verify PAN on the basis of PAN No.Instead, PAN search is allowed using customer name and his Date of Birth.

There are lot of flaws in PAN Verification using above options:-
1) Customer's Name may not be judged due to spelling mistake
2) Date of Birth provided by customer may be incorrect
3)In case of business entities, PAN Search cannot be done using above fields

Instead, NSDL should allow all users to do PAN Verification BASED ON 11 DIGIT PAN NUBER allotted to the applicant. This will save lot of time, enable easy verification of PAN and avoid chances of errors.

SUGGESTION:- Currently, PAN NO. is an OUTPUT on NSDL's Site when PAN Verification is done.
Actually, PAN No. should be an INPUT to verify applicant's PAN No.

Comments

Tejasvi

i totally agree with this

PLZ PROVIED MY PAN STATUS

My Pan card dispatched on jan'2007 but till date we did not get the card. Please suggest me what to do.

Pls Send my Pan card Number its urgent

i am suffering the same problem. the ICICI bank has harnessing me and for past 9 years i am filling income tax on the pan no. provided by income tax department and this ICICI bank is not approving the PAN status. this is surprising. which website they are seeinga dn what is the procedure. i need to file an RTI so get the details.
still suffering

hi I am meet jain.

Pls Send my Pan card Number its urgent

two month ago i have applied my pan card.but i have not yet receieved my pan card till yet, while checking the status on website got the Pan no ANLPA2430K however `it was also showing that ...
PAN card dispatched by courier was returned undelivered to NSDL after which it was re-dispatched by post. However, the PAN card was again returned undelivered to NSDL on 19-Dec-2008.
please do the needful as i need it urgently.

ADIL ABBAS

I lost my pan card, what is the procedure for obtaining the new Pan card

on my pancard number another pan card is existing pls verify

anand kumar madapati Father name late venkateswara rao dob 16-09-1966
AAXPMO857C
another one identified CIBILindia ltd as anand b madapati with same dob and number at bangloore karnatka
KIRAN

YOU CAN DO PAN VERIFICATION BY USING THIS LINK WHICH WAS CREATED BY NSDL.

I want to verify my pan card is wright or wrong.

please provide me details of name recorded in register.

I have applied for the Pan card through UTI, but I didn't received the pan card.

But I have received the pan number.

The number is AVJPS1883M.

so kindly guide me to get the pan card. and also I would like to know the pan number which was received is correct.

Saravanan
Kudus

yes its a perfact complaint I'm als facing a same problem as one person is showing me his pan no but how can I believe that its a real PAN

pan card copy

Yes i also agree with this, PAN card is an unique number there is no duplicate in this, but for name and date of birth there may be the chance of getting duplicate, it will make lot of confuse, user has to try it in different ways, so it's better to alter the pan number as input and other details in output.

DEAR SIR,
MY PAN NO.IS AUNPP 1596M NAME OF JAYSHREE SINGH.BEFORE 10 DAYS I AM APPLYING CHANGE MY NAME JAYSHREE SINGH TO JAISHREE SINGH.I AM ATTACHED PROOF 10 TH MARKSHEET AND PAN CARD COPY.BUT NO ANSWER TILL TODAY.PLEASE SOLVE MY PROBLEM

NSDL - PAN Card Verification by PAN Number