Policy Bazaar - Phone Calls

sureshrec22 on Sep 19, 2012
I was planning to take Term Plans and I have planned to take HDFC Life Term Plan.
I knew HDFC Life details and also I knew the details of few other Life Insurance Company Term Plans like Religare,ICICI and Kotak.

I clicked Policy Bazaar.com advertisement in some website suggesting to compare term plans and this was my mistake to enter their website.It asked for contact details before revealing the information(though those information will be already available in the each Life Insurance Website itself) and when I gave my Mobile Number. The Website said, Your number is listed in "Dont Disturb Category". You need to accept and allow Policy Bazaar to call you regarding policies and there was an "Accept" Button and I did not click the button and closed the website.

Then after that I am getting hell of calls from Policy bazaar asking to buy insurance(Insurance is a Subject matter of solicitation) and how much ever times I explained I am not interested in their services. The calls continued.

Meanwhile I bought the Online Policy in HDFC Myself and I informed Policy Bazaar(This call was on the 25th day after visiting their website) that I already bought insurance from HDFC and asked them not to call. To my suprise, they asked if I bought via Policy Bazaar link(Am I a fool to not know Online Insurance and who offers the insurance and where the original link would be present?) I said I bought via Direct HDFC Life link from their website. They are then asking me to give my policy number and to give credit to Policy Bazaar and I shouted and said, No way as I bought myself.. They keep arguing and saying policy bazaar as helped me? wow great!! Its because of policy bazaar that i came to know about policy.

I shouted back saying, HDFC Life is not unknown and policy bazaar is the one who showed path and light to HDFC?
I already know HDFC Life and its plan and I cant give any credit to policy bazaar and asked them not to call again

But Still I am getting Two Calls daily. Policy Bazaar Telecallers or whoever they are acting like stupids and not understanding.I feel if they dont change their business strategy and plan, they will end up soon.

I know there are many other who had experienced this and sitting quite out there.I am writing this to create awareness among other customers.

Comments

N Sep 25, 2012 by
Policybazaar.com

Dear Suresh,

Your feedback is very valuable to us and helps us find and correct the pain points. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. Request you to kindly share with us your email id and contact number at social@policybazaar.com and we will make sure that no further calls or emails is made or sent to you.

We at http://www.policybazaar.com are trying to ensure people make the right decisions as regards to insurance. I hope you see the good side as well.

In your case, obviously an overzealous agent got in touch, who as you say did not respect your clear direction and decision. We need to correct that, so sorry about it.

Thanks for your interest, and sorry again. We will try to avoid.

Best Regards,
Team Policybazaar
D Oct 12, 2012 by
srinivas03

today i got a rude call frm ur operater from this no.01244096700 at 05.40pm.to my no 9869579837 presuurising me to tel the problem why not taking policy? please dont cal anymore to my no. otherwise im complain in police station.
D Oct 16, 2012 by
Policybazaar.com

Dear Srinivas,

Thanks for bringing this to our notice. We are getting this checked at our end and assure you that strict action will be taken against the agent. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,
Team Policybazaar
D Nov 9, 2012 by
pawan2j

dear Policybazzar team,

i had taken a term plan on 19 jan, 2012. policy no. was AIL0031975. after many written complain thruogh mail i have not got my policy doc. till so again req pl zsend me doc on my given adddress.

pawan yadav
N Apr 29, 2014 by
Tanweer Alam

evereday i got10 rude call frm ur operater from this no.01244096700 to my no 7384028229 presuurising me to tel the problem why not
taking policy? please dont cal anymore to my no. otherwise im complain
in police station.