Reader's Digest - READERS DIGEST SWEEPSTAKES

kumar
THE REPLY FOR SWEEPSTAKES WAS SENT IN SPE.ED POST IN 'no' COVER .TILL DATE NO RESULTS HAVE APPEARED IN DAILIES IN BANGALORE OR REPLY SENT BY READERS DIGEST. SBI CARDS SHOULD NOT ENCOURAGE SUCH FRAUDULENT MARKETING PRACTICES, PRACTISED BY READERS DIGEST WHICH IS OPEN FRAUD, WHERE LOT OF TIME AND PRODUCTIVE ENERGY IS WASTED IN READING THE FRAUDULENT MARKETING ADVERTISEMENT AND WASTING MONEY ON POSTAGE/COURIER ETC. CONCERNED CONSUMER FORUMS MAY TAKE NECESSARY ACTION TO BOOK THESE READERS DIGEST PEOPLE IN COSUMER COURTS AND BAN SUCH MISCHEVEOUS FRAUDULENT ADVERTISEMENT. SBI CARDS ARE ALSO ADVISED NOT TO ENTERTAIN LOW CLASS MARKETING GIMMIKS IN FUTURE.

[Mar 31, 2014] Reader's Digest customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Comments

Non receipt of copy for Sep 08 - Reader's Digest Sept 08

Dear Sir
Copy for Sep 08 which is normally received on ist or 2 nd has not been received till today nor the renewal VPP been received.

Renewal Receipt No RD-WEB_130908-66-250 R
Mrs Virdi
# 14 Sector 10
chandigarh 160011

I had recieved a letter from Reader's Digest and asked to send the form duly signed, time to time they send us so many attractions for taking teir (Costly) material by VPP. I did same but till today i did not have recieve any information from their side.
Kindly register the compalint against Reader's Digest.

not received even a single sub -copy - reader digest monthly magazine

Dear Mr Vikas malhotra ( Director Sweepstakes ), i just happend to peep through your mail and offers but sir
How do i beleive u, first of all I am not getting the subscribed copy of the magazine since 6 months, i had to take it as my luck and continue buying magazines outsides

Mr Vikas my intention is not to put u some problem, as a employ of the service industry, i know the worth of any word, we have fullfil what assured because the world beleives in VALUVE FOR MONEY
Lets make it short

My Name is Sadanandan neilakandan nair
My account no of RD 08-M289EM-765501200-0904 (D-1 0 1 0 765501200 )
My Address Sadanandan n nair
D no 39, bajanai koil main road, kalainjar street, lakshminagar, veppampattu village 3rd part veppampattu chennai602024
My Mobile no 09940559906

Mr vikas iam send this with hopes that u will see and respond as ur PS INSTRUCTION SAYS i need to discard the offers i loged and gained because after 3 mail s i have not got even a single subcription
pl do some thing take ur time
Pl make sure u send a SMS OR MESSAGE ALERT OF UR REPLY to my mobile so i know i have amail from u
thanks
MY OFFICIAL ACCESS CODE OF YOUR STAKES IS CHALLO FORGET IT sadanand

how do i know if anyone wins or isitjust ascam

Non-Reception of Magazine - Reader's Digest

I got a gift subscription of reader's digest from my grandfather . It was due to start with the December 2008 issue but I have received neither the December 2008 issue nor the January 2009 issue. I don't Know What to do !!! Please Help me.

My Subscription no. is 785544001
vinay

To
We are all Fools
Who participating in sweepstakes, , , , , , , , , , Readers Digest

Iam vinay From thrissur Kerala ...E Mail :vinaypkvinu@yahoo.com

Iam Verry ashamed to inform you that Iam aqn unfortunate participant of readers Digest Sweepstakes 208---2009 I had participated in it for 1 year and every week Ireceived an envelope containing Readers digest Book Advertisements and sweepstakes documents I spent all my time and read it very care fully filled it and returned by courier for reaching it in there with out delay each documents of sweepstakes I send with courier charge of Rs.50 Every documents of sweepstakes ensured me that Iam the winner of the Sweepstakes and a toyota corolla car will reach at my house within next few days they also send us the invitation card and asked us how many of us were coming For receiving the prize and also send us a route map of the prize distributing gala reception they always informed that Iam the only their loyal customer one of their Golden customer.

From Augest, , , , september 2008 onwards the sweepstakes documents I received very late and I also with 18 or 20 days or delay Some months missing from Augest, , , , , september, , , , november, , rd bank note Document, , also missed 2008 ownward our importants coming some were missing and we informed to Readers Digest Sweepstakes that and we had lost some documents some months of sweepstakes but no reply in readers digest side !!!?????

Then From January 1st 2009 ownwards the documents stopped then an official document which they selected for the sweepstakes documents of 2009--2010 had come and we filled it and returned but no reply till now !!!??????

On 24th Janury I called to Readers Digest and those who want to get SweepStakes informer should dial 4 and then a lady operator answered. Then she asked my account no ? then she replied that no one in this name was in our winners list and asked that if any one in kerala had won ? then she said that 100 ar 99 persons from Kerala had won other prizes. I put down my phone after some time I again called and again this lady came to inform.Then I asked her if any prize in my name ????
Then she said that a man in Pune had won the super premiere prize and other winners are not to be said now but you are not winner she said it and stopped the talk Hurrily.

Now I remember the documents and letters from Rakesh Mundra, PriyaGandhi & Piercy Poonagar.They Also accompanied pictures of winners and their letters for giving confidence for us Dirty, Foolish, Cheating Fellows...

I have a great relief now !! I want to warn those who wants to participate, those who is participating now in sweepstakes that it is a mad game and it is conducting by black magicians and money theifs!!!

Please friends don`t fall a high ditch of Readers digest Sweepstakes, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Complaints by Prof Keshava Nireshwalia, Mysore ( Customer No. 0-010-441-947 )
The products cost almost twice as much as comparable products elsewhere. USELESS EDITED STORIES ARE DUMPED ON THE CUSTOMERS.Surprise,
The results for offers of sweepstakes is not transparently visible.
Non -book items are added on in the sweepstakes to give a false claim of priority to the customers ordering these products. The crystal necklace costing nearly Rs 3000/- was not wearable after two weeks!
Music CDs are over-priced with false claims on superiority.
No cognisance of specific requests from customers are accepted or acknowledged, even on email.
Despatched products demand "quick response within 14 days or sometimes 7 days. Surprisingly, the deliveries of the offers or letters do not bear the dates!
No acknowledgment is given for timely despatch of orders.
Sweepstakes held on 25th Jan 2009 is not available on the net.
The Reader's Digest seems to share the claims of other corporates of 300% profit, come what may! This reminds the Indian customer of colonial approach in bleeding of the Indian customers.

We thank you for your email.

In view of your mail, would like to inform you that the results of 2008 sweepstake draw is declared and the details of the winners are as follows:

SWEEPSTAKES DRAW 2008

SPECIAL PRIZE

Rs. 200, 000

MR G KABRA

INDORE

Attaching herewith the Pegasus Prize Winners for your reference.

We trust the above is to your satisfaction. Should you have any further queries, please contact our hotline number 022-67122622 or E - Mail us at friends@rdasia.co.in

Sincerely,

Dhara Desai.
Customer Relationship Department
Reader's Digest Books & Home Entertainment (I) Pvt Ltd.

P.S. Please quote your Customer Account Number and Contact Number in all future correspondence.

WE THE ENTIRE TEAM OF "READER'S DIGEST BOOKS & HOME ENTERTAINMENT (I) PVT LTD" WISHES YOU AND YOUR FAMILY A “VERY HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR”.

Visit our new web site and REDISCOVER LIFE with in-depth articles, hints and tips, delicious recipes and more. Plus great books, music, gifts to buy. And valuable prizes to be won! We are pleased to offer you our new service platform, International Care Centre website www.rdasia.co.in. Simply click on the Customer Care Centre button and register your account today for a change of address, to make a payment or view your account history. Feel free to call our Customer Care Officers at 022-67122622 for more information, we will be glad to assist you.

-----shivananju@aol.com wrote: -----

To: friends@rdasia.co.in
From: shivananju@aol.com
Date: 01/23/2009 05:22PM
Subject: list of prize winners

I am Ravi shivananju one of a subscriber of your reputed READERS DIGEST magazines and other great products

since the sweepstakes draw was held on 22nd of january, my family members and myself are very curious to know

the names of Sweepstakes winners... we would be very glad and obliged if you lets us know the names of winners

so plz do reply we are waiting eagerly for your response...

Your's loyal member

Ravi Shivananju

Get instant access to the latest & most popular FREE games while you browse with the Games Toolbar - Download Now !

I HAVE POSTED THE LIST OF WINNERS JUST BEFORE POSTING THIS MESSAGE KINDLY GO THROUGH THE LIST OF PRIZE WINNERS...i am deeply hurt by the marketing TACTICS of READERS DIGEST AND I OPENLY ADVICE MY FRIENDS NOT TO BE A VICTIM OF THIS RUTHLESS GIMMICKS I AM ASHAMED TO DISCLOSE THE AMOUNT OF MONEY AND TIME I HAVE SPENT IN READING AND SENDING THEIR LETTERS... THEY MIGHT FEEL THAT THEY HAVE EARNED QUITE A FEW BUCKS BY CHEATING FEW INNOCENT PEOPLE BUT TRUST ME THEY WILL BE LOOSING MANY JUST BY "WORD OF MOUTH" I URGE THEM TO STOP THESE KIND OF MARKETING ASAP OR ELSE THEY'LL DEFINITELY BE FORCED TO TASTE THEIR OWN MEDICINE BY THE PEOPLE...

ALL THE VERY BEST AND PLZ FEEL FREE TO REPLY TO THIS COMMENT AT SHIVANANJU@AOL.COM

THEY ALSO SEND LETTERS STATING THAT WE ARE ALMOST ON THE EDGE OF TAKING THE PRIZE WITHIN NO TIME. THEY SAY YOU ARE THE SOLE MEMBER WHO HAS REACHED THIS FAR AND THAT MAKES YOU MAD AND START SPENDING TOWARDS PUPRCHASING THE BOOKS ETC. I AM A POOR MAN AND I HAVE SPENT A LOT BY TAKING LOANS FROM OUTSIDE FOR 5 TO 6% AND NOW I AM A LOANER FACING LOT OF PROBLEMS

Miss Dhara Desai
Customer Relationship dept.
Readers Digest BHE (i) Pvt Ltd.

pl confirm when the draw was held on for the winners declared by you for the year 2008

I am in agreement with the charges against the modalities of sweepstakes game organised by the
Reader's Digest in India. The entire process lacks professional touch and trasparency. The concept
is bereft of operational logic, comparable to the tricks of scamsters of yester years
and present day in India and elsewhere in the world.True to the nature of an mnc its never ending money
making game plays with psychological weaknesses of readers.For such sweepstakes games Reader's Diest is supposed to possess a mandatory licence setting forth its dos and donots to the participants.
In my considered view the issue must be raised in the Parliament for an indepth probe by CAG
and to make the report public. Until this is done, we may cease subscribing to Reader's Digest.
In a game like this not all the participants will win but they must be convinced about the transparency
of the process involved and the honesty of the organiser

Dear Dhara Desai,

Please upload the attachment or send the list of winners to each customer to who ever you have dragged in this loop.

i mr c.v. rajendran a/c. no.0-010-453-559-6 i only want to know from your side what is my position in the sweepstake of 2008 - 09 weather i won any prize or weather i should continue to be customer life long. why i say this is after reading all the letter above mentioned. I am in a confused mood since what they say are correct. I would request you pls don't do this in future by giving lots of hope. instead i am ready to buy yr books and a loyal customer. why i say this is everyone will be not in a position to buy the books which are costlier and they are afraid also weather they will loose the prize amount after reading the letter. Now in the last letter you mentioned that i have entered into the one crore prize and car etc.i don't know what is the tactics beyond this. pls explain it clearly. so be frank and explain my position of 2008-09 and after that confirmation. i want to decide weather i want to be your loyal customer or play with you. also one more suggestion from my side pls don't send the v.p.p. parcel 4 to 5nos in a month make a gap of 15 days. send 1 or 2 parcel. awaiting your reply at the earliest.

( c.v. rajendran )
a/c no. 0-010-453-559-6

i could not be able go to the final stage of subscription because of some error on the page.

please help me

SEND ME LIST OF WINNERS OF SWEEPSTAKES 2008-09

Yes, my husband Dr S.N.Zahir has been involved with this fake and mischivious gimmick called Sweepstakes for the last 3 years and it always happend that the award was just a day away but the deciet continues and for those enterring the new year my advice is stay away from RD for Gods sake.

Dear RD,

Dont you think so its hightime you do something about it... atleast...

When RD expects its readers to a win-win situation on sweepstakes kind of draws it should also reciprocate their readers with a list of winners subsequently. It is a basic courtesy, a basic quality.
Please do not be after our cheques, be after our hearts... your subscriptions rate will go up...

Reader's Digest - READERS DIGEST SWEEPSTAKES