Skoda Fabia — Break problem, Auto lock problem
I bought a Skoda Fabia top end (Diesel) car on 28th Mar 08.
- First, I got a USED car - already run for 118 kms while delivered to me, without any plastic covers on seats and some scratches on right top of the car body
- Had a problem with auto lock
- Reverse sensor was not working
- Seat belt indicator not working (and still does not work - this is a feature as per Skoda representatives)
- Wheel alignment off the track completely
Unfortunately, this was a company provided car, I could check the car and these defects only after getting the delivery.
After much follow up, complaints and escalations for close to a month and half, some problems were rectified (like the wheel alignment, autolocking and reverse sensor related). There was absolutely no orientation towards customer service by anyone within the Skoda systems related to my complaints and I gave up.
Since this was a company leased car, the only option I had was to use it as less as possible and use my other personal car. So, my car ran ONLY 5223 kms as I type this complaint (till 13 March 09) in the last one year.
Strangely, I observed two more peculiar problems as below during the last couple of months, for which Skoda says, there is no solution and we, customers have to LIVE WITH IT.
- One, related to breaking (breaks dont function, if you apply breaks suddenly in a jump or a speed breaker)
- Second, related to auto-locking. Once the car gets locked automatically at a speed of 20kms/hr, the boot gets locked too. However, after stopping the car and unlocking the locks using key or unlocking button inside the car, boot does not get unlocked unless and until any of the 4 doors is opened. There is an unlock key for boot, but it does not function and Skoda representatives are "SURPRISED" to see this problem. The problem for me with this is, every day while entering my office building or at any malls, I have to open the door if I need to get the boot checked for security reasons. Surprisingly, without starting the car, all the locking and unlocking keys work very well. Then what is the use of this unlocking option?
I am sick of the defects in the car and the incompetency of Service staff of Skoda. Is there anyone listening to my problem? Just to inform, I paid Rs 7553/- during the "FIRST FREE" service just a day ago even if the problems reported have not been solved.. Is the free service chargeable, even for wheel alignment and labour?? I have all the bills, job sheets (5 of them so far) and the history of complaints till date.
Lastly and most importantly, if I get to meet with an accident due to the break problem of the car, who is responsible?? Should I risk my life or not use the car due to this problem??
I am looking for someone to help me.
|6 Comments Updated:||Share0Tweet0Share0|
Post your Comment
1800 209 XXXX
A-1 / 1, M.I.D.C., Five Star Industrial Area, Shendra, Aurangabad, Maharashtra, India - 431 201
© 2016 Consumer Complaints Forum
If you have an inquiry, or any constructive thoughts, creative ideas, and reasonable offers, please, contact us