Standard Chartered Bank - Extra charges levy on 2 months previous bill

manu9991 on Mar 15, 2013

I have been using the credit card from standard chartered bank since more than 3 years. Two months back i made a partial payment in the card. The bill was 13500 Rs and i made the payment of 8500 Rs. Next month they put the interest charges of 1000 Rs and the total bill was 15600 Rs including other things. I made the full payment of 15600 within the payment due date.

It was a big surprise for me when i saw the bill again and they levy another 1000 Rs as interest and 700 RS as late payment fees. I wrote a mail to head.service@sc.com to know the reason. They mentioned we have put up the charges for the two month previous partial payment.

Last time i had simillar issue and head.service@sc.com worked well after lot of heated discussion but situation is worst now, they are not even ready to reply back.

I dont understand even if we do the full payment how can they levy the charges like this and if they does then throughout the life they would be charging it for no obvious reason. I have also observed that in the name of some service tax intereset they charge extra every month eventhough the amount is less.

I completely annoyed with this situation and i recommned not to use the Standard chartered bank credit card. Hopefully i will stop this card using soon.

Manu

Comments

kewalanand Standard Chartered Bank  - ALmora, Almora, Uttarakhand, India

extra charges - Standard Chartered Bank

My name is Kewala Nanad Joshi, I belong to Almora , Uttarakhand, I have taken loan of 150,000/ from above mentioned bank and they paid me only 144,000 / and then they fix the instalment of 4383 per month for four years and that was going from my account through e payment. but last year I had to left Delhi and came to Nanital. suddenly the bank has increase the minimum balance limitfor saving A/c from 10 thousand to 25 thousand. Since I was not in Delhi I could not use their service so I refused to mentain that limit and they were agreed and they asked me to pay the instalment by cash before 15 of every month I have been regularily paying my instalment. but now I have received a call from them that they are asking for late payment charged after one year. for last one they have not said any thing.
Now please sir guide what should I do . In face I have been paying them 18% interest already.
I would be highly grateful to you.
Thaninking you
Kewala Nand Joshi
email kj47108@gmail.com
Tel: 9012485225
N Mar 15, 2013 by
BhaskarRastogi

I have also had very poor experience with Standard Chartered and ended up cancelling their card. I'd recommend escalating to the highest level within their company and if they do not respond, then raising it with the Banking Ombudsman.

Here is the link to their grievance redressal process
N Apr 2, 2013 by
manu9991

Once again these people has charge an interest of 644 Rs after paying the full amount last month. They dont deserve a bank with good bisness ethics.

I am closing the card ..i Request to reader to do not use there cards.

Manu