Poor Product & Worst Service
I have been a fan of Whirlpool few years back when I first purchased an Air conditioner & then I purchased a Washing machine & then a double door 340L refrigerator. Keeping in view the Service provided by Whirlpool during the years of use, I had recommended Whirlpool to a number of friends of mine.
This year I had called for a service engineer for service of my AC & washing machine and my Refrigerator for the cooling problem we were facing.
This time I am facing a problem in such a way that it has changed my perception of the Whirlpool Products & I will have to think twice before purchasing the products of Whirlpool.
Reasons for this –
1) We were facing problem of cooling in the refrigerator & water dripping inside the fridge & some boxes to be replaced. I had called for the Service engineer for checking & correcting the problem in the month of April, 29th. The engineer visited on 30th April, corrected the problem of dripping (which was not corrected in actual & is still the same) & asked to kept the fridge outside the Kitchen (which is 15 X 10 feet size). The service charges for the same were paid as Rs.395/- as service charges & Rs.2200/- for the peripherals. We were happy that the problem must be over. We kept the fridge outside the kitchen same but the problem was still the same. – Call reference No. GB0409010843 Dt. 29.04.2009
2) We called in for the Service engineer again on 15.05.2009 & gave him again the description of the problem. He again tried something & later told us that another engineer would be visiting again. – Call reference No. GB0509005155 dated 15.05.2009.
3) When nobody turned up for a few days I called upon the customer care again around 22nd or 23rd (I don’t remember the date as I was not provided with the Call reference No.) & I was told that they are having the problem unresolved in their systems too & very soon engineer Mr. Zafar Khan would be visiting.
4) Mr. Zafar Khan visited around 26th or 27th of May, carried out checkup & told me that as the climate was not very hot during that time (due to the rains during that period) he would be visiting as the climate becomes more hot & gave me his mobile No. as well. We waited for him for the next week but when he didn’t turn up we tried his mobile. One day he didn’t picked up his phone & now we are getting message that the mobile is switched off.
5) Today, 8th June 2009 14:15 pm, when I called up the customer care again, to my surprise, I was told that why have I not spoken to the customer care about all this & that I need to pay the Service charges again for the new visit. When I told him that the problem is still unresolved & why should I pay the Service charges for the same problem again & when I narrated him the entire sequence of the events, he told me that he shall be arranging a callback from a senior person.
6) On 8th June 2009 17:15 pm, I received a call from the Senior person who after listening to the problems I am facing, said that he would give me a call back soon, who didn’t call me thereafter.
I am not able to understand that why the problem is not getting rectified. Is it that the Whirlpool is interested in making money in after sales service only & not in the customer satisfaction. I have no hitch in paying service charges but the why should I re-pay the Service charges for the problem which has not been cured as yet.
We are facing problem of cooling in such a way that all the things kept inside the fridge gets spoiled. Even the milk gets contaminated overnight.
I’m having another refrigerator 175 litres of LG which is 5 years older than this one, but performing in a better way. Please guide me, should I change my perception about the Whirlpool products.
(Bhupendra Singh Pundir)