Wish Net Private Limited - Cheated in Broadband Scheme Tariff

Tirthendu
Dear sir/Madam,

This is to inform you that I, Mr. Tilak Chakroborty had taken wishnet broadband connection from my local cable operator. wishnet broadband is provided by the company

Wish Net Private Limited,
Address:
86, Golaghata Road,
Jamuna Apartment, Ground Floor,
Kolkata - 700 048,
West Bengal, India

In their website they showed their Tariffs/Schemes. Based upon the information provided by the company in their website & my personal experience of using Wishnet Broadband in one of my Known persons office i applied for the connection. The cable operator provided me with a 256 Kbps connection which according to the company costs Rs.345 per month but the operator is charging me Rs.550 per month which is the cost of a 512Kbps Connection. When asked upon the matter the operator said that the extra charges are LMC i.e. Line Maintanance Charges. Since they donot have much customers out here they have to impose a heavy LMC upon us. The company never revealed any such charges. I told the operator that, in Moulali Area the service providers are taking the exact charges mentioned in the company's tariff but they paid no heed to the point and told me that if I had a problem regarding the charges they would be more than happy to discontinue my Internet service but wouldnot refund the charges paid (Rs.1500) while installation. When i told them of complaining to consumer complaint cell & TRAI they said, 'We are out of their reach. Try it out.'

I contacted the company on their Customer complain no. and complained about the problem but they replied that they could do nothing about it since charges are dependant upon the operators since they take care of the company's marketing.

I asked them for the phone no. of their Nodal officer which they refused to provide, I also requested them for the Phone no. of the authorised person who i can speak to for which they promptly replied, 'We dont have time for these sort of complains, pls sort it out with the operator.'

Sir/Madam, I feel cheated, humiliated & helpless. I dont have a problem paying Rs.550 provided i get the bandwith the company entitles me to get. pls help me regarding the matter & take strict action against the people concerned.

Tilak Chakroborty

231 Ashokgarh, 1st floor
Aiktaan Bldg
Dunlop Bridge
Kolkata: 700108

Comments

badusai

Local operators are charging consumers unneccessarily high prices for lower quality service just on the basis of area specific observations.
These matters should be taken to court proceedings as these service providers are actually commiting frauds.They are not only cheating the public, also the company.
mdelhi Wish Net Private Limited  - St. No. 27, Tughalakabad Exten, South Delhi, Delhi, India

Cheating customers by no-service - Internet service operator (Local)

There is a local internet provider in the Street No. 27, Tughlakabad Extention, Near Kalka Ji, South Delhi. He is openly cheating very large number of people, specially students by charging a huge amount of money and not providing the proper services.

His internet is off almost all the time and even when it works, the connection comes & goes frequently. When we try to complain, either his all cells are always OFF, or he/his boys don't response properly. We all are very frustrated and seeking help from any one out there, who has guts to teach this man a lesson -

His cell/phone numbers are : -

011-32915964
9313206366

Please Call him and you will find all his numbers OFF, but keep trying at different time, if u wish to help us.. other wise.. we will understand that Delhi is just another city filled with cheaters.. and no help..

arunv008 Wish Net Private Limited  - St. No. 27, Tughalakabad Exten, South Delhi, Delhi, India

Yes! Finally someone took the initiative to teach this man a lesson..

I agree whatever is written above is totally right! Pls someone call him and teach him a lesson... Thanks

Arun Verma

Oh yes! I am the owner of a hostel here, and this internet provider is a total fraud.. pls if someone out there can help these children out.. he is looting their money openly.. and denying it since poor kids cant prove anything..

Someone pls guide me how to file a police FIR against that provide... he is ******

what is the actul download speed I will get in bronge and silver packeg?

same here better move to allince

i've had worse problems with wishnet after trying to get 1Mbps connection. their infrastructure cannot handle anything beyond 0.3Mbps and they charge insane amounts for their connection. their connection is also highly unstable. when i called repeatedly they were unable to do anything about it. finally, when i canceled after a month and signed with Airtel they refused to give me back my Rs. 1000 security deposit and sent their gundas to cut my airtel wire from outside my house!! Yes - they are such vandals. Don't do business with them - you'll be stuck with a third rate operation and third class service. Stick to the Tatas and Airtels of the world - they're far better.

I am using there service since last year and I have no problem with the connection and speed is very good.I suggest to all who are looking for internet connection to take Wishnet Broadband.
N Sep 28, 2011 by
koyel007

With due respect I would like to inform you that I am using the internet connection of WISHNET from the last 5 years.My user id is debdattab_jk .But from the last month I am facing tremendous problem in the line. Upon complaining this issue to my local service provider (JACKVISION) the executive (Sudipto Ghar) behaved very roughlywith me as well as my mother who is senior to him .He also instigated us to go for a 2nd option and quit the Wishnet service. Moreover he deliberately doesnot attend my call as the number has become familiar to him.
I still donot have my line whereas my neighbors have it. I took this line solely for Educational Purposes but every day at night when I turn off my P.C I have my net connection but surprisingly when I switch it on in the morning I donot get my net connection .
As per my payment record is concerned, I never miss or bargain a payment. I have a good reputation about this.Inspite of all this I have to face this problem.
Now my question lies with you that why I have to face this issue day after day? After complaining it takes 4-6 hrs to restore my line.

This is my last and final letter to you..

According to the Consumer Act, you are bound to provide me the uninterrupted connection as I am paying the entire subscription amount without any bargaining by the first week of the each month.

Hence I am claiming back the INSTALLATION amount as well..

I am expecting a feed back from you within 2 working days failing to which I will be bound to complaint this issue to the CONSUMER FORUM as well as to DEPARTMENT OF TELECOM (DOT).

THANKING YOU
DEVDATTA BANERJEE
N Feb 25, 2012 by
link.pabitra

I was used your connection but the operator did not allow me quality service they have connect with the help of electricity hooking from nearby electric pole, they do not arrange their own electricity line resulting disconnect my line almost 15 to 20 time in a day. Name of the operator is Joydeb Shyamnagar. north 24 parganas.
N Jan 24, 2013 by
partha_cv3

YOUR SPEED IS VERY LOW AND VERY RIDICULOUS TO DEAL ABOUT, i AM PAYING RS.450.00 PER MONTH TO MAMA TELECOM OF S BLOCK PATULI UPANAGARI AN VERY MUCH DISAPPOINTED.PLEASE ENHANCE YOUR SPEED OTHERWISE I HAVE TO THINK ABOUT CHANGE.

POARTHA SARATHI GHOSH