Woodland - Woodland Sandals

Hitesh Shetty
Hello

I bought a Woodland Sandal on 22/07/2008 for Rs 1270(Bill No: 2056) (Article: GD 4047 Khakhi Foowear) from Woodland store located at S.V. Road, Andheri (West), Mumbai (Earthline Apparels Private Ltd., Contact no: 022 6208340). At the time of purchase, I was informed that any kind of damage to the sandal would be covered under Service/ Warranty for 1 year. Also when I queried, why the detail of the 1 year warranty is not mentioned on the bill, I was informed that in case of any problem I should just get the bill along and the repairing would be done free of charge until 1 year.
The cushion below the foot has come apart(torn) within just 6 months of use.
When I brought this to the notice of Woodland store located in Bhayandar(East), I was asked by the representative at the store to get the footwear and it would be repaired without any charge being levied. On taking my sandal to the Bhayandar store, the representative had changed and new representative informed that it is covered under warranty and not under service period and warranty is only for 3 months and not a year. I was surprised to hear this new policy from a new representative.I directly made the representative speak with manager of the Andheri storeJai Singh(as he introduced himself) and he promised that he would do as promised and get the Sandal repaired. I was asked to contact the store where I bought it i.e. Andheri Woodland store(Earthline Apparels, S.V. Road) and to get the sandals to his store and mentioned he would do as promised.
Today when I called up the store to take the sandal for repair, I was informed Jai Singh is on Leave for 15 days. If this delay continues, I would end up crossing the 1 Year period and then I would get charged for the repair.

Arent the Woodland Organisation seniors keen on delivering quality products and service and also have a uniform policy across all stores and all representatives?
This would spare the customer from being fooled.

I hope my complaint reaches the right audience and this issue of harrasing the consumer/ customer with weird company policies comes to halt.

Please look into this at the earliest.
Complaint comments 1 Comment     Updated:

Comments

hello

my name is adarsh jain and i had made a purchase of some T-shirts bt 1 of the T-shirt has been shirnked while washing and i have reported the same to one of your retail outlets in Guwahati(Assam) in fancy Bazar area Near to Raymond outlets. i have submitted the same to your outlets as being told to me by your representatives.after a month he told me that i couldn't be replaced nor any one of your company representative had called up me for the verification.
so, i like to state that is customer satisfaction is not your motive. If yes, then let me know.

I hope my complaint reaches the right audience and this issue wil be taken care of by your company as soon as posible.
My contact No is: 098644-01753