[Resolved]  BPCL Petrol Pump - BP 44 — Cheating

This is to bring to your notice a mischievous event that happened with me at one of the Gurgaon Petrol Pumps in Sector 44 (BP-44). While I requested for a refill of 1000 Rs, the attendent stopped the meter at 800 Rs and with some trick the amount of 1000 Rs. started blinking on the meter. Somehow this was the second time I was facing this incident, so I was watching the refilling very closely and despite their attempt to second my attention, I noticed it once again. Though on my complaint, they added the extra 200 Rs fuel to my vehicle but I did my best efforts to report the episode to the management staff at BPCL.

This note is to promote an awareness among people that they need to be very cautious while refilling fuel in all the petrol pumps across Gurgaon. Moreover, always be cautious to look at the opening and closing unit readings, if the reading is blinking at the end, there is some suspicious activity - as it should show the amount and quantity refill details (e.g . 1000 Rs & 19.11 Ltrs, however in case of a fraudulent activity, it will blink only 1000Rs and wouldn't show the quantity).

Moreover, if an action can be taken through this web page, it would be helpful for the community as a whole.

Regards.
Complaint comments  1 CommentShareTweet

Comments

I have also had similar experience in Sector 44 BP petrol pump in Gurgaon. They close the meter mid way and then distract you while they restart without the zero. Please check this.

Bharat Petroleum [BPCL]
    2037
    Bharat Petroleum [BPCL] Phone
    Bharat Petroleum [BPCL] Address
    1st Floor, Golden Triangle Bldg., P.O. Navjeevan, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India - 380014