Income Tax Department — doctors earning more than the prime minister as no receipts given

Thumbi Chandriah Murali on Apr 16, 2018
I had an operation for varicose vein in my left leg some 27 years ago with family dr. N. Radhakrishnan who did it well and no issues till now. Last month at the bottom tip of the operation part opened a bit which became painful. I decided to see the same dr. N. Radhakrishnan. He is running in the name of n. R. Hospital at jawahar nagar, agaram in chennai, near perambur. On 2nd april 2018 when i visited the hospital i was told that this dr is not seeing patients for the past 8 months. I explained my condition and the receptionist said i can consult his son dr. Sunil kumar. Dr. Sunil is an ortho specialist but still wanted to see my case for which the receptionist collected rs.300 before i saw him. There was no queue no. Given and i saw other patients fighting on this queue. Dr. Sunil did not look closely into my leg but simply asked whether i have diabetes, etc, for which i replied only 3 months ago i had thorough health check up and no issues with me. But he still asked me to go for blood tests and an x-ray on my leg inside his own hospital for which rs.850 for blood test + 350 for x ray was collected well before. After blood test, when i waited for x-ray my wife who was with me kept standing at the entrance of room as no queue no. Given again. One lady cut the queue and fought with my wife. At this stage we got fed up and left the hospital informing the receptionist that i will lodge a complaint - she did not bother and did not refund even when i told not to send my blood for the test outsourced to techmed health centre & diagnostic (P) ltd (Nr hospital). For the x ray that was not done also not refunded and no receipt was given (Even to all other patients that i noticed in the total one hour i was there). After leaving the hospital, the receptionist called over phone and i told my case again and not to send blood for the test as i am not returning to see the doctor again. I also asked why no receipt was given for which she said she will give only to whoever asked for it. Pls take action. I am not interested in the refund of total rs.1500 spent for this (And spent only rs.300 with another doctor that i saw!!!)

[Apr 16, 2018] Income Tax Department customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Complaint comments  Add a CommentShare0Tweet0Share0

1956
    A R A Center, E-2, Jhandewalan Extn., New Delhi, Delhi, India - 110055
    Income Tax Department - doctors earning more than the prime minister as no receipts given