Jet Airways — negligence from air hostess

Asha nathwani

Today, 09:39
You

Inbox

I travelled to india on 23/11/17 - with jet airways. Flight 9w 117. On the outbound journey approximately after 2.5 hours into the flight i began to feel extremely ill. I approached the air hostess to explain (With actions - as i was unable to speak) that i was feeling very uncomfortable and needed help. Then i said to her that i am suffering from heartburn which i never suffered in my 65 years of age. She suggested i use the toilet and was given a tablet to aid digestion. I never said i had digestion issues. Whilst in the toilet i screamed out in pain. No one came to my aid. Furthermore when i sat in one of the staff seats, i was made to move. Again no one asked me if i was okay despite the fact that i was seating with my head in my hands and in extreme pain.
Upon returning to my seat throughout the flight i was in pain, intermittently left side/chest, then right side/chest, then shoulders and back. I was finding the pain unbearable. Unfortunately throughout the journey none of the staff approached me to check on me.
In fact a fellow passenger mr. Sudir dave was more humane towards me then any of your staff. He comforted me, held my hand, massaged my back and arms, whilst the staff rested/slept.
I feel your organisation completely failed me in their duty of care towards the user of your services.
As it turned out when in mumbai i consulted doctor. I had suffered a massive heart attack and i should have been treated better with medical support while i was travelling. Unfortunately i then had major health issues and have recently have had to undergo a bypass surgery.
I hope you will study the above and advise me on how we proceed now. Thank you.
T. Nathwani

[Mar 08, 2018] Jet Airways customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Complaint comments  Add a CommentShare0Tweet0Share0