[Resolved] NIIT & KUVEMPU University — Is BSC(IT) programme offered by Kuvempu University recognized by DEC for Session 2007-08?

Faridabad, Haryana, India
 anuj248
My name is Anuj Saxena. I have passed graduation in BSc(IT) from KUVEMPU University in 2008 by distance mode, along with a diploma in GNIIT from NIIT. This course is a collaborated program between NIIT and KUVEMPU University, Shimoga (Karnataka) where NIIT enrolls students for GNIIT diploma and provide a graduate degree by distance mode of BSc(IT) from KUVEMPU University by lateral entry after completion of pre decided semesters of GNIIT according to norms of KUVEMPU University. I enrolled for this course in August, 2005, where I was told about the above procedure. After completing my two semesters or one year of education in NIIT in June, 2006 I asked about admission in BSc(IT) as I was told that BSc(IT) would start after completing minimum two semesters of GNIIT course. But I was further told that if I complete further one more semester of GNIIT then I would be eligible for admission in fourth semester of BSc(IT) by lateral entry which was ideally should have been completed by December, 2006 but due to non-availability of faculty for third semester course whole program got delayed and completed in March 2007. After that, I enrolled for BSc(IT) course from KUVEMPU University, Shimoga (Karnataka) in fourth semester by lateral entry as per norms of KUVEMPU University. NIIT centre was the study centre for BSc(IT) course where I completed 4th, 5th & 6th semesters of BSc(IT) in 2008 in examinations of November, 2008. Degree for BSc(IT) was awarded to me in 2010. Afterwards, I started looking out for job. Although GNIIT program was job-oriented was no job assistance or placement was given by NIIT to me. I worked at several places during the course of five-six years i.e., from Jan, 2009 to July, 2014 but was not able to get a satisfying job after which I decided to continue further studies from a reputed institute by regular mode so that I could get campus placement from the institute so I enrolled in DAV Institute of Management, Faridabad to pursue MBA which is affiliated by Maharishi Dayanand University, Rohtak after confirming my all details to them and continuously asking whether my graduate degree is valid for admission or not. I submitted all the required documents with MDU for admission like mark sheets, degree, fees of one semester in August, 2014. I was told to submit migration certificate as well which I submitted with a fine of ₹600 in September, 2014. After evaluating my documents till two months, University cancelled my admission and called me not eligible stating reason that- "BSC(IT) programme offered by KUVEMPU University is not recognized by DEC(Distance Education Council)" just two weeks before University exams of MBA Semester- 1 in November, 2014. I tried to contact KUVEMPU University continuously 10 days which no one replied, I contacted my local study centre of NIIT regarding this and no proper resolution for this problem was provided to me. I contacted Distance Education Bureau which was earlier DEC and they stated that my course is invalid and hence they cannot do anything. I tried to convince MDU to at least allow me to give exams for semester 1 (without providing any marksheet or any other document ) for which I paid fees as they do not refund fees as per their policies so that I could get value for money I paid but they refused for that as well. Now my whole academic session year is wasted, also the fees money is wasted and the degree which I have for BSc(IT) becomes VOID as DEB stated to me. So in whole process who is at fault me who conducted such stupid course of NIIT which ruined my career and life with which I am now able for nothing or KUVEMPU University who provided degree without approval by DEC or MDU who after taking fees of one semester called me ineligible as their academic bulletin which was drafted in July, 2014 by them didn't include name of graduation course I conducted but this refusal must come from them at the time of my taking admission there before submitting fees. After such incidents if students commit suicides or fall prey to bad companies like becoming terrorists etc then who should be blamed for this? Parents pay high fees for the future of their children in such expensive times and still their students are actually not employable or able to earn anything out of the course they pursue then what should such students do?. Reply to me @ [protected]@gmail.com.

Complaint marked as Resolved Apr 6, 2019
Complaint as submitted by me, is already resolved

Comments

Dear Biplab show the university that u have passed in 2010 and state rule jurisdiction apply in 2013. If still problem persist call Kuvempu university regarding this. I they don't provide u any help seek help from court and file complain against Kuvempu university as well as ur Odisha State open University as early as possible and provide me further updates.
master2012's reply, Feb 9, 2019
ok sir i will do the same as you told and report all details further thank you for the positive and valuable reply and waiting for further assistance on this matter.
Hello, This is is Anuj. Everything is fine now, I am continuing my MBA from DAV, MDU, Rohtak. Thanks to you all people who kept in touch and supported me.

Anuj
Jv2019's reply, Mar 15, 2019
Please let me know from which NIIT center/state you did Bsc IT?
JV
Hey everyone, watch and share the videos in the link below, these videos are made by MBA students, my class mates

Make these videos viral...!
How your problem got resolved?is this degree approved or not pls reply soon
How your problem got resolved?is this degree approved or not pls reply soon
the problem has been resolved
DJais's reply, Apr 1, 2017
HI Anuj (anuj248),

The problem which you have raise this is same for me too. I had completed my GNIIT and BSC (IT) collaboration in 2010.

But still i am confuse that can we apply for government job?
Can you please let us know the process so like me many student can get clear picture on this.

please drop me an email on [email protected] your suggest can help to many. Any one please.
Dear anuj please tell me whether your degree is valid for govt. exams or not?
For details view image.

Hi, Anuj248 & all, I too have passed graduation in BSc(IT) not lateral complete 3 yrs and 6 semesters from KUVEMPU University in 2016 as I got instruction from NIIT that I have to complete all the 6 semesters of BSC(IT) from KU by distance mode, along with a diploma in GNIIT in the year 2016 from NIIT, Panbazar, Guwahati, Assam. After completion I applied for MCA in Cotton University, Guwahati, Assam and got selected in selection list. But at the time of admission they denied me admission in MCA citing that KU is not recognised.
i am now confused that can we apply for government job or do regular higher education in other recognised University?
I am in a great tension. I have done the same. Currently I am preparing for government jobs. Will there be any problem at document verification? Please someone reply. I am depressed.
jeery's reply, Jun 29, 2018
Do Not Panic Guys I have called the Kuvempu University and also checked the list of college listed in DEB. Kuvempu University is listed there. also called the concern department registrar evaluate dept. Kuvempu University. They said BSCIT couse is not provided by them anymore. However those who have completed GNIIT from Niit and BSCIT from Kuvempu University in a distant mode is Valid and many candidates had already got into Government sector after completing Graduation from KU. You can also call the following no. for your confirmation.
1) KU Helpline : 08282-256222
2) Registrat Office : 08282-256166
3) Concern Person : 9901149766.

Start preparing Best of Luck Guys.
HI Anuj
This is Toshif from Odisha, India
I do have enrolled to Bsc-IT & GNIIT in 2007 and get degree in 2010
I'm applying for goverment jobs
I need your guidance so as to bright some light to the approval of Bsc-it degree from Kuvempu university
Eagerly waiting for your response
I got this response mail from my state university seeking for admission for MSc in Cybersecurity. I completed my BSC IT from Kuvempu University karnataka in 2010.

Dear Biplab Kumar,

Your application form for admission into MSc. Cyber Security Programme at OSOU has been rejected due to the following reason:
"Degree obtained from Kuvempu University through distance education outside state jurisdiction is invalid"

Please send your Bank Account details to refund your admission fee.

Thanking You
Odisha State Open University
Sambalpur, Odisha

anyone can help me on this query as it is approved by UGC how they reject this ??
Ajay Anand Sinha's reply, Feb 8, 2019
Dear Biplab call Kuvempu university regarding this. Also show OSOU that u have in 2010 and state rule applied in 2013. If problem exist file a case against both university and ask for help from ugc Deb also. Also update me further details.
master2012's reply, Feb 12, 2019
i talked to OSOU still they repeating the same answer that we can't allow this certification for admission what should i do now ???????????
Ajay Anand Sinha's reply, Feb 12, 2019
Ask help from distance education bureau. Go n directly contact with them. Anuj done d same thing as per his mail he told me that. In meantime fill a case against both university. Gauthati high court consider it as a valid degree. Rest update me again. Most of my friends are in govt job with same degree.
Ajay Anand Sinha's reply, Feb 12, 2019
File a PIL against both university. Take advice of a lawyer and file it as early as possible.
Dear Biplab I m providing u d details in which IGNOU said that u can go outside ur state boundary for course from[protected]

master2012's reply, Feb 13, 2019
please tell me all the process anuj did and i have already filed RTI from UGC and IGNOU. Guide me on this so i can get it done properly.
Ajay Anand Sinha's reply, Feb 13, 2019
As per Anuj mail to me he approached directly UGC DEB office Delhi regarding his problem and DEB helped him in sorting out.
Ajay Anand Sinha's reply, Feb 13, 2019
Do not w8 for rti response bcoz it may take more than one month to come and in that time admission may be over. If u have free time then directly contact DEB. Update me all details so that I can help u further.
already send my brother who is residing in Delhi to UGC-DEB office to collect the required information hope this will solve my issue what is the chances sir ?
Ajay Anand Sinha's reply, Feb 14, 2019
Hope this will work. In 2016 I filled rti in response to this they said check ugc website for university recognition and state boundary restriction dated year 2013 and according to u did before 2013 so that rule not applicable to you. As per high court of Guwahati all degrees are valid if done till 2012. Update me further information.
I called them but they respond on my query very rudely "nai valid hai jo puchna tha mein wo bata raha hoon argument karo aur kuch puchna hai to batao ya fir phone rakhun yeh sab bataya anuj ka aur logon ka to wo mujhe bola pata nai valid nai hai ho gaya rakhun aisa bolke call kat diya " what is thiss rubbish i dont get
please send me the rti copy to my mail [protected]@gmail.com
Fill a PIL so that u can get justice try to contact to the given in rti response page and do visit to Deb office personally.

Ajay Anand Sinha's reply, Feb 14, 2019
Try to contact at 23238876 and 011-2323126
I called UGC DEB office they replied me very rudely he directly said its not valid as i mentioned anuj case and guwahati high court case but he tell me i already answered your question don't argue he directly told me any other thing you need to ask and he put my call down is this the way to talk and behave ???????? and most of their number are not working i tried each n every number for 1 to 2 hrs then i get connected and they divert to 4 number then i get connected and got such an angry man to talk rubbish please help me what to do next the
Ajay Anand Sinha's reply, Feb 15, 2019
File a PIL in Orissa high court and in meantime tell your family member to visit Deb office regarding your matter.
Ajay Anand Sinha's reply, Feb 15, 2019
Can you tell me in which year you enrolled in KU and when u had ur final semester exam??? So that I'll provide u all d supporting documents.
in the year 2008 i enrolled with KU and completed the program in MAY 2010
Ajay Anand Sinha's reply, Feb 15, 2019
Call DEB once again tell when u enrolled and had ur final exam and during that period university had the permission from IGNOU to operate behind state boundary.
As per ugc rule in 2009 they said that university can't operate beyond boundary but if applied before the rule applies then till final result it is valid. I m providing u the images of that. I advice u to consult a lawyer for this.

NIIT & KUVEMPU University - Is BSC(IT) programme offered by Kuvempu University recognized by DEC for Session 2007-08?

Company:NIIT & KUVEMPU University