Passport Office Chennai

Fri 12:00 am - 12:00 pm
Sat 12:00 am - 12:00 pm
Sun 12:00 am - 12:00 pm

Passport Office Chennai Complaints & Reviews

My daughter got other country nationality and I want to surrender the Indian passport. My case is bit complicated so before applying for surrender certificate I thought of clarifying my questions and the people in the passport office are rude and they denied to provide information. They are just telling that all the information are in online.. I do know that generic information's are online but nothing related to my case. I sent email to rpo.[protected]@mea.gov.in addressing "Shri P K Ashok Babu" and he didn't even bothered to reply to my email even after sending the remainders...

I am not sure how to proceed further...
Jan 21, 2017
Updated by Amala P

I am not sure how to proceed further...

Below are the details of my case

My Daughter born in London but she is an Indian Citizen at the time of birth and we took Indian passport to travel to India. Later she got naturalized and got her British nationality but she is still in India with an Indian passport.

We recently applied her British passport and we got the same . Now we would like to surrender the Indian passport which in turn we can apply OCI card once we get the surrender certificate for her to stay further in India.

My questions are below

How long will it take to get surrender certificate once passport is surrendered?
What is the maximum time limit to surrender the Indian passport after acquiring foreign nationality?
Do I need to apply Indian visa for her in the mean time to stay in India???
Does parents to be present in person to surrender Indian passport?
Is scanned copy of the naturalization certificate is sufficient to surrender the Indian passport?

NOTE: She didn't travel to any country with the Indian passport once she got her naturalization.

Iam C.Sathishkumar currently residing at 2/40, Nadu street, Murukesan Cross, Karappakkam, Chennai. I llost my pass port near Karappakkam (OMR) chennai. while going for an interview.Please find my passport details below

Name : C.SATHISHKUMAR
    Pass Port Number : G 2401013
    Date of Expiry : 19/04/2017
    Contact No : [protected]

Kindly acknowledge my compliant and help me to get the new Passport immediately

C.Sathishkumar
    My payment status shows failed while applying passport online...when I would get my refund...ur contact details are busy and not responsible...to whom can I complain about this ...
    Refund my amount
    My Name is Mohamec Najim My File No is MA[protected] I am passport applying 10 2 2017 my passport enquiry in 26 2 2017 but my password is not coming for me it is bending for the SP office cuddalore I have my password is soon

I applied passport in passport office at chennai (thambaram) on 11/07/2016 and police verification was done two week before, but yet know i didnt receive my passport.

File number ma[protected]
      Date of birth 21/06/1986
      Given name parveen begam
      Surname mohamed farook
      Type of application normal
      Application received on date 11/07/2016

Status police report has been submitted by respective thana and is under review at sp office, district cuddalore.

I'd applied for PCC through online and schedule the appointment also. According to the "Document Advisor" instructions, I...

I, r. Subbulakshmi residing b2, rohini garden, r.A. Puram, chennai - 600028, have lost my passport no: n669520 issued on 13/04/1993 expiry on 12/04/2003 during the last year [1/12/2015] by flood i lost my passport.

Name : r. Subbulakshmi
        Passport no : n669520
        Date of issue : 13/04/1993
        Date of expiry : 12/04/2003
        Conduct no : [protected]

Contact address : b2, rohini garden, r.A. Puram, chennai - 600028,

Applie for reissue of passport on 1/4/2015 police verification completed but yet now i have not received passport My file No - MA[protected] DOB- 26/7/1973

Hi, My wife went to Aminjikarai passport office for issue of new passport. She used my passport for address proof along with our marriage certificate. The officers didn't consider my passport for address proof. In the passport website mentioned below, 'Spouse's passport copy (First and last page including family details), (provided the applicant's present address matches the address mentioned in the spouses passport)' is mentioned. Link: http://www.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/popuponline/AttachmentAdvisorSu... This has created lot of inconvenience. The officers were not sure though it was mentioned to them that spouse passport can be used as address proof.
            Spouse passport not accepted as address proof

Dear sir, my name is predeep.I had submitted my all necessary documents on 26/12/2012 at Regional Passport office Chennai.I have been looking my passport for the past 2 year.I had not received any response from Regional Passport office Chennai.I will ready to come Regional Passport office Chennai at anytime. I have been giving humble request to give my passport as soon as possible. Name :Predeep.p Passport mail no:[protected] Voter id number :UKX0333658 contact number :[protected] address :243 Narayanapuram JRS vill Alasanthapuuram post Ambular via vaniyambadi-635751 I have been thanking for earlier response. thanks p.predeep [protected]

Respected Sir/Madam, I have applied for Renewal of Passport on 09/12/2014.Also I have surrendered all my certificates and they registered GRANTED in Thambaram Passport office. Name : Moussa Application Reference Number: 14-[protected]. File Number : MA[protected] The action is still under process.I couldn't get further information about my application. By the end of this month I need my Passport. So I kindly request you to track my application faster and help me to go abroad by renewing my application.
                No Information about Renewal of Passport

Dear Sir/Madam, As i applied fresh passport on 2nd Dec 2014, my police verification also cleared within 10days, but still i did't get my passport when i check my status it shown " Police Verification is not clear and application is under review at Regional Passport Office", when i called to police station where i went for verification there said sent already to passport office. but why still i am not getting my passport. i kindly request you to solve this issues at the earliest. File Number : MA[protected] Date of Birth : 29/04/1987 Given Name : USMAN GOYA Surname : MOULVI RAFEEQUE Type of Application : Normal Application Received on Date : 02/12/2014

I applied for passport of type Tatkal and got all the documents verified on 19/11/2014 at passport seva kendra at Aminjikarai.Tatkal service which is supposed to issue within a week, but we never got it. After a week the police at our thana called up and asked us to come to the station (instead of they coming and checking) with all the documents, we went and submited. Every day we kept checking the online passport status it kept saying 'Police verification requires' After a week it changed that 'Its under verification'. it went on for 1 and half month and finally I got am passport issued on 31/12/2014. One and a half month for Tatkal?? seriously??terrible service. .What is the use of applying In Tatkal

One and a half month for Tatkal?? seriously??terrible service.
                    .What is the use of applying In Tatkal

My application is received by the passport office on 29/11/2014. And my police verification got over on 04/12/2014 and my file No is MA[protected]. Still I didnot receive by passport. If I check for status it is same as it was on 1/12/2014 "Passport application is under review at Regional Passport Office". And if call to the contact number provided by customer care the line is always busy. Please help me in getting my passport and update the status too.

Dear Sir/Madam, I went to Saligramam PSK in Chennai to apply for passport on[protected] with the Address proof documents...

My passport went back undelivered, what are the possible steps to regain that. as i already mailed RPO but no response till date and i am calling them but number keeps coming busy. my details of passport are as follows: Passport No.: M3051379 File No.: MA[protected]

I applied for passport on 3rd April 2014 and till date I haven't received my passport. The only status it shows is it is under review in regional office despite being the completion of police verification. Application number is MA[protected] Date of birth[protected]. Name- Akash Agarwal kindly please let me know how long will it take more as it is really urgent.

Hi This Sherin I applied my passport for renewal on July14th 2014, on 16th of July police verification was cleared. Today is 11th august 2014 and still didn't get my passport. I have booked flight end of this month and I really need my passport now to apply for my visa. Me and my husband are really worried about this as we have invested our money on this. Please help, Why Chennai passport seva is really poor in service, when the government will take action all these complaints and when consumers like us will be satisfied in this country? Why do we have to taxes when the services are this bad. I really feel pathetic about the situation.

I would like to complaint against my passport delay while i'm going to travel to UAE for job, i had applied my passport on 03/04/2014 at Chennai but still my status is showing "Police Verification Report for your passport application is under review at Regional Passport Office. After Police Verification Report is found clear, passport will be dispatched. You would receive an sms/e-mail once the passport is dispatched"

Kindly do the needful

File number :MA[protected]
                            D.o.Birth : 15/06/1960
                            i had apply my passport before three and half month in the date of 01/10/2014. till now i am not get the passport. when i am using tracking option for passport status it told me only your passport is under review at regional passport office. this notification i saw after finished my police verification to till now.my police verification finished before two and half month. i was also go to regional passport office for enquiry but he told me your passport is not send from your police station. but the police told me your application is sending after verification. what i want to do please help me sir please i am very poor family please sir...

deduction of money from credit card even in failed operation(passport)

credit card of canara .date 17/1/15 timing 14:01:32 cheque no[protected] amount -1512.12 ...

Hi sir/Madam, I have missed my Bank passbook(Indian Bank) when i came Rayala towers passport office on 21/7/2014. The...

Status Tracker File Number MA[protected] Date of Birth 02/06/1991 Given Name SADAM HUSSAIN Surname SYED HUSSAIN Type of Application Normal Application Received on Date 21/02/2014 Status Police Verification Report for your passport application is under review at Regional Passport Office. After Police Verification Report is found clear, passport will be dispatched. You would receive an sms/e-mail once the passport is dispatched.
                              passport not issu

I have submitted my passport for Renewal with the Regional Passport Officer - Chennai on 11th May 2011 under TATKAL...

Respect SIr,

I have applied for a new passport under takkal scheme paying Rs 2500 on March 1st, 2011 as my existing passport was damaged.I have not recieved my passport yet and the police verification was completed on March 20th 2011. I have met the PGO officer in chennai passport office personally more than twice and yet he says I will get my passport within 10 days and then I don't get any reply from them and I have a 5 months old daughter for whom I need to apply a fresh passport. My husband work abroad and I have a visa stamping coming and my File no is MASC00731411. Please help me and give suggestion in how Should I get my passport or is there a place or person I could file a compliant against passport officer chennai for the delay in reciveing my passport. Any suggestion would be helpful.

Sridivya