Passport Office Chennai Complaints & Reviews

2.5
Last updated Sep 8, 2022

File a complaint to Passport Office Chennai

Having problems with Passport Office Chennai?

File a complaint and get it resolved by Passport Office Chennai customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

Passport Office Chennai

Tamil Nadu

Passport Office Chennai Phone Numbers

Fax

Passport Office Chennai reviews & complaints page 3

Status Tracker File Number MA[protected] Date of Birth 02/06/1991 Given Name SADAM HUSSAIN Surname SYED HUSSAIN Type of Application Normal Application Received on Date 21/02/2014 Status Police Verification Report for your passport application is under review at Regional Passport Office. After Police Verification Report is found clear, passport will be dispatched. You would receive an sms/e-mail once the passport is dispatched.

I have submitted my passport for Renewal with the Regional Passport Officer - Chennai on 11th May 2011 under TATKAL scheme.

My File number is MASK00099311.

As of today I am yet to receive the renewed passport.

Inspite of several visits / calls to the passport office I am yet to receive the same.
    Request you to kinldy look into the matter
    Srinivasan...

Respect SIr,

I have applied for a new passport under takkal scheme paying Rs 2500 on March 1st, 2011 as my existing passport was damaged.I have not recieved my passport yet and the police verification was completed on March 20th 2011. I have met the PGO officer in chennai passport office personally more than twice and yet he says I will get my passport within 10 days and then I don't get any reply from them and I have a 5 months old daughter for whom I need to apply a fresh passport. My husband work abroad and I have a visa stamping coming and my File no is MASC00731411. Please help me and give suggestion in how Should I get my passport or is there a place or person I could file a compliant against passport officer chennai for the delay in reciveing my passport. Any suggestion would be helpful.

Sridivya
    Aug 13, 2020

I applied for my daughters passport on 19th Jan 2011 under Tatkal category. The passport is not delivered till date. The passport officers are so irresponsible when we go for inquiry. We are not getting proper response from the passport office. Every time i go there i had to stand in the line for hours and end of the day nothing happens. This is the 6th time i went to the passport office to get the status. After so much delay they were able to locate my daughters file. To my surprise the file had a different file no. This shows how irresponsible the employees are. Now they asked us to get the mothers passport for verification. Could someone suggest me what is the procedure to file a complaint on the passport officer who is accountable for these delays?
      Aug 13, 2020

Regional Passport Office ,Chennai — More than 4 months and no information on passport

I have applied for renewal of passport on 3rd April with file number as MASI06184508.
      On checking the status of my renewal request for the enclosed application (online), I am getting no results.

It has been over 4 months I applied for passport renewal at chennai RPO, and I have no clue on my passport status till date.
      Whenever I check into the RPO c ehnnai official website, it says file number /dob etc etc might be wrong …
      Can any one help me with the status !!

passport — passport delaying for 2 months

dear sir,

i have applied for passport its passing 2 months near,still i didn't receive the passport,my file reference number is CBE-Z[protected], i have cleared all the verification and submitted to the police station and they also send it to the head office ...but in the status it is showing that the police report is incomplete and the case is being examined.. please help for me sir for getting passport shortly ..

thanking you sir
      Respected sir,
      i had applied for the passport on 23.12.2010.My file no. is MASB04326110.My police verification also completed two months before itself.But still now i have not received my passport.Only few days are remained for journey.So please look on the process and take immediate action for further process.
      Thanks by Iqbal.
      Plz. feei free to Call me @[protected]
      I am faculty with IIT Madras. I applied for passport on 18 march, 2011 at Shastri Bhavan, chennai. Till today I did not get the passport. I have to travel urgently for research fellowship. What to do I dont know. When I try calling passport office, noboady pick-up the phone neighter the online status works.

I am Sibi Rajasekaran. I had applied for the passport in
        Shastri Bhavan on 4 March, 2010. I haven't received my passport yet.
        The status of my passport is displayed as " Clear Police Report has
        been received. Your Passport will be despatched shortly ". This status
        remains in the site for about 5 months.

It is now more than a year since I had applied for the
        passport and the delay in passport delivery has started to affect my
        career. I had already sent few mails to the mail ids given in the site but I didn't
        get any reply mail.

I have even posted a letter addressed to Deputy Passport
        Officer by register post and made several hardly attended calls to the
        telephone numbers mentioned in the site.

Name : SIBI RAJASEKARAN
        File Ref. No. : MASA00623710
        Application Date : 04/03/2010

mail id : [removed]
        Phone no : [removed]
        Aug 11, 2020

REGIONAL PASSPORT OFFICE-CHENNAI — passport not received since 1 year

I HAVE APPLIED PASSPORT FOR MY WIFE AND TWO DAUGHTERS. I RECEIVED PASSPORT FOR MY WIFE ON DEC-12-2008 BUT SO FAR I DID'T RECEIVE PASSPORT FOR MY TWO DAUGHTERS. WE VISITED RPO CHENNAI SEVERAL TIMES THEY ASKED ANNEXURE"H" FORM WITH DETAILS WE SUBMITED EVERY VISITS AND THEY REPLIED SAME "YOU WILL GET WITH 20 DAYS". All the times i visit online rpo with file # Z607624 & 625. IT SAYS Dealing Section Marked Movements on your file. Please guide me! how I can get Passports and where i want to go?
        Sir, feel free to call me @[protected]

Chennai Regional Passport Office — Passport issue File No: MASB00436211

I had applied for my passport on February 4th,2011 through TATKAL passport scheme. I opted for this scheme only because of the fact that I would receive my passport within a week. I was continuously checking for my passport application status online and after 2 weeks I got the following status message “Objection Raised. Contact-DPO-APO Passport Office with all original documents” . After receiving this message...

I have applied for my new passport on 14th Jan. Still the status is "Police verification report not received" . We need the passport urgently as we are planning to travel to a foreign country soon. Kindly do the needful.
          File no : MASV00035311

Gurusamy...

File # MASH00240411, I have applied for change of address on 3rd Feb 2011 and was told will receive my PP with in 15days after the barred date when i enquired. The PP offical asked me to fill in a application for Police verification and resubmit it again.When i asked the reason for why it is asked now and not at the time of submitting the application. The offical asked me to do as he said or write a letter for return of PP.

It means the money and the time i spend is all in vain. It is so frustrated and ridicules to see a Goverment staff irresponsible attitude. It is so pathetic to see even a security staff works in PP office treats the Indian citizens in a horrible manner.

People wait for hours & hours and finally when they go near to submit the application they are send back to refill there applications. No proper guiedence is given to people and no proper procedure is followed.

Voice of a Indian citizen...............

FILE NO.MASD 00466110 OF IMMANUEL PRINCE VIJAY PONRAJ - ABNORMAL DELAY -

STATUS CHECK MISLEADING - PUT INTO A LOT OF HARDSHIPS AND MENTAL AGONY

One third of the year has been rolled,the application to change the damaged passport is yet to

be processed.The status check is also missleading.We are put into a lot of hardships and

mental agony.The purpose of delay is known to all.

Kindly do the needful without further delay.

Immanuel Prince Vijay Ponraj
            Aug 13, 2020

DELAY IN ISSUE OF PASSPORT - REASON IS NOT KNOWN - MISLEADING REPORT - REQUEST ACTION

REF ; FILE NO. MASD 00466110 DATED [protected]

Though more than three months have been lapsed ,I feel my application is not processed .The reason is not

known .For the last three months ,the Status Check shows,"Post Police Verification Report is required .File

under Process ." But when I cross checked with concerned Police Department ,I was told the application is yet

to reach there .So I feel I was misguided .We are made to run pillar to post .We are harassed and put into a

lots of hardship and mental agony .

Kindly do the needful .

Immanuel Prince Vijay

10,First Street,Eswari Nagar,

Gowriwakkam,Chennai-600 073
              Aug 13, 2020
              Delay in issue of passport

REF ; FILE NO. MASB 03629010 DATED[protected]

Though more than three months have been lapsed, I feel my application is not processed .The reason is not

known .For the last three months, the Status Check shows, "Post Police Verification Report is notreceiveded .File

under Process ." But when I cross checked with concerned Police Department, I was told the application is yet

to reach there .So I feel I was misguided .We are harassed and put into a

lots of hardship and mental agony .

Kindly do the needful .

Chennai 600 006.

SUB : (ADDITIONAL BOOKLETTATKAAL MAS NO: L00047911 KEY NO:[protected] ON

APPLY DATE[protected]

RESPECTED SIR,

I AFILAL AZADSHEIK FAREED APPLIED IN TATKAAL SCHEME ADDITIONAL BOOKLET ON[protected]. Morethan 10 times I came to passport office the enquiry officers said your passportin process it will come within 2 or 3days but not yet received, Last 1 ½ monthhaving this problem, I went to same officer he said go and meet this OfficerAPGO Tatkaal officer, I see that officer and given my all original documents tohim for verify. He said you miss that 10Rs Form, after I filled that form givento him and he said within 5day you will get the passport. Last 15days beforegone to passport office he said police verification is pending and I went to N3Police station Chennai, officer I.S Department Mr. Mohan he said k we willclear you may go. I check through online enquiry status it will reflect likethis Unable to get the status because of oneof the following reasons :

Incorrect File No. - Please try again, Application was submitted more than one year back, Your Passport might have been despatched a month back and has not returned to us

This is not my new passport I applied for anadditional booklet this is my 5th additional book let. Today 18/05/2011 howlong going to take for additional booklet. I’m not a normal person surgerypatient (pancreatic operation), I Mailed to many persons rpo.[protected]@mea.gov.in [protected]@tn.nic.in for this email id’s but no one reply for compliant pleasetaking against my request and do the need full. Please touch in with me thisemail id [protected]@gmail.com –[protected], [protected].

Thanking you,

YoursFaithfully

Afilal Azad S.F.

i have applied for passport on 12-Jan-06
                My police Enquiry was completed successfully for 2 times in Salem

I received the following information from chennai passport status show " Application was submitted more than one year back"

But I didn't receive my passport still now.

what way to get my passport immediately

please send any quires or details to my email id "[protected]@yahoo.co.in"

dear sir/madam
                i have applied for pass port on 18th oct 2011 in tatkal. my file no is MASBO[protected]th oct 2011 i am checked my states but reply is coming. Your file no is incorrect what i will do sir. i want know my status
                dear sir/madem i have applied for pass port my file no is MA[protected] my receipt no isMA3F[protected] PLEASE REPLY ME SIR /MADEM
                my file no is MA[protected] plz chek my pass port status
                From:

Chennai-600002.

Respected Sir/Madam,

Sub:Passport requested regarding.

Referance:

1)passport applied through district collector office vellore, on 29.9.2011 vide their file no:z157169(MA05Z[protected]) along with demand draft no:728446, dated 22/9/2011 for rupees 1000/- of the karnataka bank limited payable at chennai in favour of, the regional pass port officer chennai.

2)My third visit to passport office chennai on 10/7/2012

[protected][protected]
                This is to inform you that, i have appllied for my new passport on 29th september 2011, through the district passport cell, vellore. regarding this the police enquiry was done on 30th November 2011.so for i have not received the passport.regarding this i have approached the concerned officer, they said you have applied twice for the passport, for your kind information i have applied one time only in the above said reference no.1.more than ten months are over till date i have not received my passport.

kindly arrange to issue the passport at the earliest, expecting your favourable action in this regard

thanking you,

PLACE:VELLORE-632 006

DATE:01/08/2012 yours faithfully,

H.ALLAMEEN

____________________________________________________

I had applied passport 22nd July 2010 through ordinary service.
                  Suddenly during august 20th , my company wanted to send me to abroad by oct 1
                  Police verification got over by 4th sept 2010.

I did take the necessary documents ,but in the inquiry they did not even read my letter.

I have been going to passport office regularly to understand what means I could get the passport.br...

To
                  The Regional passport officer
                  Chennai

Respected sir,
                  I am 65 years old. I have applied for passport in April 2010 and the police verification was done in july first week. My application number A015799. Status says "Your police report has not been received" . Even after 3 months i have not got my passport. My daughter is in States and expecting her baby and i need to go urgently. Kindly consider this case and give priority and dispatch the passport as soon as possible as the situation is critical

S.Leelavathi
                  Aug 13, 2020
                  I applied for passport in October 2010 vide file No B03512810. Since then two police verfications has been done. First verification lost at Passport office- on enquiry. second verifiation completed in April, 2011. But till the passport has not been recieved even after trying to contacft atShastri bhavan but in vain. Even the grievences officer does nto address or pick the phone call. in spite of several email and phone and personal attendence to shastri bhavan. It is more than 9 months now I donot one the fate of my passport.

I've applied for my passport thro vellore district passport cell on april 12th 2010.
                    police verification was over on june 4th. but still i didnt get my passport. Online status
                    of my passport is not available. i've sent mail asking about the passport status. but no reply.
                    when i enquired in chennai passport office, i was told police report is clear and passport will be
                    given soon. but still i didnt get it.

My file ref no Z152134
                    Beulah Mary Thiyagarajan
                    DOB 08/12/82
                    Email id: [protected]@gmail.com
                    kindly let me know the status of my passport.
                    Aug 13, 2020
                    I am arun kumar,and my native place is bilara,jodhpur,rajasthan.I am studying in vellore,TN. And i applied my fresh passport application on 6th aug,2010 from chennai passport office. I want to say that it's been eight month since i applied for my passport and till now i did not get it. i have cross checked that my post police verification has been done already and my file has been sent to passport office,jaipur on 28th dec,2010 from jodhpur.
                    i need my passport as soon as possible. there are some refferences

ref: 1. file no.- MASB02517410
                    2.year of application 2010 (6th aug,2010)
                    3.RPO,chennai
                    4.post police verification has been done and file has been sent to passport office,jaipur on 28th dec,2011 from jodhpur office (despatch no. 12991)
                    i am vetri thiru kumaran. i have applied passport in[protected]. i have finished my police enquiry also my file ref no is poo 003716 and key no is [protected]. please kindly do the needfull

I have applied for a Indian passport in TAKKAL system on 2/07/2010, my File No.MASP10136310 and i have deposited the fee in the same date itself. The local polilce formalities also completed in time .the passport status is still promissing to delivery 8/07/2010, but it has been crossed one month and the passport status was not updated.
                      so kindly please take my complaint as my requisition and help...

Respected sir,
                      It is very much dis appointing to see how people interact and respond to the common man in passport office, Chennai. Today, i have experienced it myself. I and my sister came to submit the proof of emergency for urgent passport requirement. They forwarded us to the second floor room no 4, to meet an officer named Murali. we have not even entered the room, and asked him whether the proof of emergency is sufficient enough, he just replied move out and come tomorrow. As we are coming from distant place, it would be difficult if they reject the proof which we asked him check. (he just spoke a single word, "move out") he replied that we are irritating him. then we left as my sister crying because of the way they showed negligence on us and irresponsibility to respond to the citizen.

we too were waiting outside to let her get back to normal after too much cry. Mean time, i came to register a complain to (Mr.K.S. Daulat Thameem, Deputy Passport Officer.) in his room , but the security asked us for recommendation card to let us in or appointment, we asked him we are there to register a complain. He told us to move to (Shri. K. Rukmangathan, Deputy Passport Officer). we met him and told everything, he again forwarded us back to Mr.K.S.Daulat. Then, The same officer (Murali, room no 4) came outside and asked the security to send us both out of the passport office (he said the reason as we are not the applicant). I was looking for higher officials than present in the office to register complain, but not able to meet any. we left very much anger because of the government officials treat people.
                      I wish you may take stringent action against this officer Murali(room no 4) for negligence, irresponsibility, irrespectful and lot more to be added, i have forwarded this mail to authorities of passport office in New Delhi and also to consumer court officials. The same is experienced even in the enquiry counter sir.

Expecting a good response from you sir, ( as that the action is taken against the concerned officer)
                      Srikanth
                      Aug 13, 2020
                      Improper/haphazard arrangements, using unparliamentary words by passport office staff, treating citizen of India as animals are very common in the Regional Passport Office, Chennai.

First these officials/officers must be trained that they are there for serving the Citizen of India not other way around.

Why this office should function in a small place where it cannot accommodate the clients (Citizens properly)

Why sitting arrangements could not be made despite collecting money from applicants?

Why the staff treat the citizens like animals?

Why no one in New Delhi take action on these corrupt / rude staff?

Why the procedures are not transparent?

Why the rules are changed properly?

Why the detailed reasons for rejecting or not accepting the passport application not communicated?

I understand, the RTO, RPO are the example of India...

I had applied for passport renewal on 2nd March 2009. Police verification was done on 30th Sep 2009 but till date did not receive my passport. On enquiring the RPO chennai, they said that the status of my file number V001136 is Awaiting verification and that they are waiting for the papers from police. I enquired my police station and they said that they have already sent the papers to RPO. What should I do? Please help in getting my passport. Please.

Abiramy.R
                        Aug 13, 2020
                        customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Passport office,Chennai — Did not receive my passport yet.

I applied for Passport in July 2009.Police inquery came to my place and verified all the details and submitted reports to passport office.

As per police person i should get the passport after 1 month of inquery but i have not received that yet.

PassportNo : A019763/09

I already went to passport office 2-3 times but no one is giving proper response.Getting passport for me is very urgent.

This is my 4th visit to the Passport office today. I'm feeling dissapointed and frustrated. People who have allready visited Chennai passport office once, would know how you have to stand in a long queues, under the sun for long hours. Though the applicants traffic is hevay only two officers handle general queries. There are two long 50- 90 ft queues. Passport officers are supposed to show up at 9.30 AM, they do at 10:30 AM.

Day 1, Standing in a such a queue, i finally got to ask the officer about reqd docs for my renewal. Even though i stayed in Chennai for 2 yrs i didn't have enough docs to substantiate for a Tatkal Application, hence a query. The officer suggested to get a verification letter from bank to fulfil my app.

Day 2, I stood in the queue with all reqd docs again, and got an approval of docs in good order. When i went up to submit my application the lady created her own arguments that i;mnot eligible for tatkal app becoz i dont have enough docs to state my Chennai tenure. I registered a complaint with Superitendent Officer, who said he himself feels harassed dealing with that lady, fwded me to DPO. Now DPO suggested on a letter to reconsider my App, despite that the same lady pulled my case back to the DPO and all agreed that my docs are not enough. Even the old passport file in their DB didn't have my photo. I was suggested to get an IPS/ IAS letter as verification letter. I was th e last guy to leave PP office that day.

Day3, I arranged for a letter. Even though there was anew lady who asked me to get photostate of my office ID card, luckily i was carrying it. They were ok this time to accept my App. I was supposed to get my PP in 5 days.

Day 4, Today when i enquired with the Superitendent he mentioned i've some issue with me DoB. The old PP has it 26.05 but i'm requesting for 25.06. Imentioned that there was a mistake done by Trichy PP authority when i had applied for PP 10 yrs back. I never got it corrected because i never had any need to use my PP. I showed him my matriculation certificate/ marksheet both stating that was the same document i had submitte d10 yrs back. But Trichy authorities missed it. I wish to correct it now. Butthat arrogant officer asked me my birth cert, if i don't give my Birth cert he won't allow procesing. It was a date change of 26th to 25th based on all my certs. but it was not acceptable to him.

allt hese 4 days, i had taken off from my office. It starts with standing in the queue and finsihing by 5-6 PM each time. i never understood what they try to achieve by so much rudeness.
                          Aug 13, 2020

I applied for a passport for my wife on 23rd December 2009 thru Anna Salai General Post Office passport counters. The Police verification was done after a long waiting on 13th March. When enquired in Commissioner of Police - Chennai office, they confirmed us that the report was dispatched to Passport office on 26th March 2009 itself. (They showed the status of the police verification on their system).

But till today (4th May, 2009) the onlile Passport Status website shows that "File Under Process".

When contacted the Regional Passport office (RPO), they say that they didn't get any police report yet and complaining the police that they do not send reports on time.

Also, we contacted the Passport officer - he just sending us poles to posts without any use - just an eye wash and escaping from answering. No one in the passport office give proper response and are not at all ready to understand the urgencies. I have no way now and I dont know to whom I've contact to get the passport. If any one of you know please update us. It would be helpful to thousands of peoples like me.

P.S: I got a chance to see the passport processing office in 2nd Floor of Shastri Bhavan in Chennai. It looks like worser than a Old Paper shop or a junk yard or a mega trash land. Paper paper paper and everywhere paper without any proper protection to it. I learned that there is hell lot of chance for those our papers and documents get missed very easiliy. No one cares about anything. If any fire accidents happens to this flloor - needless to say - thousands of our valuable documents are in stake.

Passport Office Chennai — Passport delay

Respected Madam/Sir,

I have applied for passport on 22.02.2008.After the clearance of police verification, a letter dated 1.5.2008 which I have received on 17.06.2008 from Chennai passport office EAP I with recent photo. Accordingly I have submitted the necessary documents by speed post on 15.07.2008 . The speed post register no is E[protected]IN . But so far I have neither received the passport nor any communication from Chennai passport office. I as need the passport immediately and more than 345 days have been over since my application, I request you kindly issue the passport immediately without any further delay.

For your reference I have furnished my passport application no : MAS35236308

Thanking you,

Yours Truly,

Preethi V
                            hello sir/madam,
                            My name is krishnakumar.m, i have applied for the passport dated on (feb 2nd 2008), still now i had not received my passport or the demand draft slip to me, since iam cheking through the website the result is the police report is cleared the passport is under process, this was the result i found, but still now i am checking through the website the same answer only iam seeing, my friends who apply'd with me got their passport, but me not yet received,
                            so i refer u to check my passport details soon
                            this is my passport reference number they given to me, mas number is ( z700132/08 ), kindly refer this soon and send me the passport to me
                            i agree this complaint.I applied for passport on 4thmay 2009 .After one month police came for verification and i saw my status as"police report is clear .application under process".It's still the same, i also tried sending e-mail to passport office but no response from them.Please take necessary steps to issue my passport.My fle no is MASA01363009
                            Sir, I have applied passport K.Kameswaran File no : MAS B025675/10 on 10th August 2010. Police Verification was done in first week of october. Until now the status is being displayed as 'Police verification not yet received'. Kindly do the needful to issue the passport on an urgent basis.

My wife applied for change in address and inclusion of spouse name on Feb 21st 2012, she got her police verification done on march 26th, till today she has not got her passport and the status shows PVR not received from Chennai Commisioner of Police. We have enquired in police station and they replied that the report has been sent. Who should we contact for actual status?

Asif Iqbal

Respected Sir/Madam,

I am Advocate Senthil Kumar S. I applied for a passport on 03-Mar-2008. The File No. for the same is A 011487 and the Key No. stands as [protected]. The passport verifiction was done by one Mr. Manoharan (Police Constable) attached to the K8 - Arumbakkam Police Station. The Said Manoharan demanded a bribe of Rs.1500/- (Rs.500/- for himself and Rs.1000/- the inspector), in my absence at my residence at A-14, MMDA Colony, Arumbakkam, Later I went in person and he demanded the money from me. I did not then disclose the fact that I was an Advocate and Showed him all the Documents. For want of Bribe money the said Manoharan, Rejected the passport verification on flimsy ground. I Sent a Legal Notice to the Inspector of K-8 Police Station on this regard, the same was not replied. The said Manoharan, pleaded with me to drop the matter as he had done it without knowing that I was an Advocate and asked me to fill the necessary forms to be deposited with your Office, so as to initiate another Passpost Verification. I had personally visited your office with all the documents (Downloaded from your Website) and duly filled. I could not manage the crowd at your office and I had sent the same via RPAD dated 11-Jul-2008. The receipt for the same is with me. I am yet to receive my passport. This is the last attempt to get the same. If prompt action from your side is not meted out at the earliest, I would be forced to seek information through the Right to Information Act. Fact Remains that Your Esteemed Office had issued a passport to my Brother Mr. Ram as early as in the year 2000. You many have to come up with adquate reasons for not issuing me a passport.

Thanks and Regards,

Senthil Kumar S
                              Advocate
                              Aug 13, 2020
                              Dear sir, already applied passport file no.MASI14974811, pls send the states my id [protected]@gmail.com

your's faithfully