The K Brands Aura Thai Spa — Cheating fraud scam in franchise

rajendrarathi on Feb 8, 2017
Hi all,

In 2015, kashiff khan along with the help of sachin shroff successfully scammed me of 1.48 cr. He claims to have the master franchise rights for brands such as "ftv" (F bar, f cafe, f spa), infinity foods (Basilico, chai coffee, koyla), bikram yoga (Another fraudster), sfl, the little door, moh spa and many more, when infact he doesnt have the legal rights to sell any brand. His only in house spa - aka - aura thai spa is the biggest brothel cum 'happy ending' service center in mumbai.

I was lured into buying a joint venture deal of aura thai spa and a f bar in mumbai by kashiff khan. After taking an initial 50 lakhs as franchise fee, which is non-refundable, they kept on delaying the process for several months. After 3 months they said they need about a crore more since they had to procure all the official licences and begin with the process. As soon as i paid them 1 crore, they vanished! Kashiff stopped picking up my calls and his office security stopped letting me get in!

Guys, this scammer is at par with vijay mallya. I'd suggest you not to waste your money. Please advice the same to everyone thinking about investing with this fraud
Updated by rajendrarathi, May 27, 2017
Azmi has also alleged that Khan has been using his name to dole out franchises to several people across India on false grounds. “So far I have come to know of nine people who have been promised the moon for opening franchises of my brands. They have been promised that my wife (actor Ayesha Takia) would inaugurate the restaurants. This is nothing but a scam and a clear violation of business agreement, ” fumed Azmi.
“Khan sent some goons to my restaurant Café Basilico in Bandra to threaten me. Over the past few days, they have taken away my cash collection from the restaurant. I have requested the police to register an FIR and put an end to this menace, ”

Complaint comments  24 Comments     Updated: Share0Tweet0Share0

Comments

My Dream Comes True. Its all because of K group and his company owner Mr. Khan. I completely agree on above comments. Mr. rathi you are insane I feel. Opening a restaurant of my own has been one of my dreams. My opportunity came with my association with Mr. Kashiff Khan and Mr. Sachin Shroff of the k group. With the help of these two gentlemen I started my franchisee of one of the most reputed restaurant chains in Mumbai. They helped me right from the beginning and helped me be my own boss. I am indeed grateful to them for their help and wish to have such mutually beneficial cooperation in the near future as well.
A hard core professional company
Recently I had the opportunity to do business with The K Brands while trying to obtain the city franchise of a wellness group. The Chairman of the company Mr. Kashiff Khan and Mr. Sachin Shroff, the CEO of the company, both have been extremely helpful in letting me know the risks and the prospects involved in the business. The entire staff at k brands helped me with all the technicalities involved in the process of acquiring a franchise. I’m humbled by their cooperation and look forward to working with them.
Abijay Gupta's reply, Feb 13, 2017
Completely agree with you abijay. Just shocked to see post of what Mr. Rathi has put, i think its just to spoil the company name and image.
I am involved in franchising business for quite some time and have dealt with various brands. My first foray into the world of brands was with the help of Mr. Kashiff khan, The Founder & Chairman of the K Group. Over the years he has helped me in growing my business. The legal team at The K Brands has also been very helpful. They helped me understand the complicated details involved in the franchise agreement and get my points included in the agreement. I wish the entire K Group all the best in their future business endeavours.
I am quite surprise to see such an comment above, I have been dealing with Mr. khan and Sachin since few months now and if not answered the call he always replies via text. I Mr.Suri have been associated with the company for a few months now and we intend to realise a few proposed projects in the near future. So far, it’s been a great experience being associated with Kashiff Khan and Sachin Shroff. They both have profound understanding about the franchising market in India and have greatly helped me in analysing and understanding the opportunities and scope for growth in this sector. I am quite excited about my soon be launched Aura outlet and have great expectations from the venture.
I am quite surprise to see such an comment above, I have been dealing with Mr. khan and Sachin since few months now and if not answered the call he always replies via text. I Mr. Suri have been associated with the company for a few months now and we intend to realise a few proposed projects in the near future. So far, it’s been a great experience being associated with Kashiff Khan and Sachin Shroff. They both have profound understanding about the franchising market in India and have greatly helped me in analysing and understanding the opportunities and scope for growth in this sector. I am quite excited about my soon be launched Aura outlet and have great expectations from the venture.
I think it’s just to ruin Mr. Khan image in the market, I personally cannot believe and completely agree with Mr. Suri I have been associated with the K Group since a year through their brand Aura, which is performing much better then I expected. The team has always been quite supportive throughout the process from setting up the brand to its operations. I am genuinely overwhelmed by my association with the company and am expecting to reach the break-even point soon.
My first successful business is all thanks to Kashiff Khan. I think we should taboo people like Rathi who post such comments about people like Kashiff & Sachin. I always wanted to become an entrepreneur and had some capital backing too through my family, but was always terrified by the risks involved in venturing into any business. But when I attended one of the business events mentored by the K Group I was genuinely quite convinced on finally try my hands into business since they have model plans that drastically reduce the risk involved in setting up and operating a business. So I felt this is probably the best time to finally chase my passion since it seems a safe play. So finally am now associated with company for last 10 months and so far I had a great association with them.
I have met kashiff on many occasions not only he is a great business man but a very good person by heart. He has always been flexible in doing business. I am a business person with my fingers into various segments and was planning to try my luck with wellness sector since it’s a blooming one in our country. But to start an independent brand and to expand it would have involved a lot of efforts and pain. Besides, the lack of knowledge and experience in the sector would also have had invited a lot of issues. So I decided to partner with some already established brand and now I realise how right I was with this decision of mine. I am glad that I was associated with the K Brands for Aura Spa which is now functioning successfully. But there were a lot of challenges that the venture threw on us initially, but expertise by Kashiff’s team
I can strongly recommend for any business venture “The K Brands”. I feel it’s Mr. Rathi personal grudge that he is trying to remove through this forum. Once I was invited for Business Bazaar event where I met Kashiff and his associates. They shared their expertise and knowledge about the industry and guided me with the best suited franchise option for me and that’s where I got associated with Aura salon. I am genuinely please with the guidance and service that I received throughout our journey and would, without any second thought recommend to get associated with the K group to try out any new venture.
Hi I am Ben, full name Ben Dover. I am an NRI who got lured into this trap by one of Kashiff's broker, Mr. Mehboob Sheikh.

I completely agree with Mr. Rathi and his views. I recently was in talks with Kashiff khan and Sachin Shroff with regards to acquiring a franchise for a restaurant cum bar. Normally the investment wouldnt cost you more than 75 lakhs. But Kashiff and his team suggested me to invest in F bar, which they said would cost something approximately around 4 crores. They gave me the break up of the investment and promises of celebrity inaugurations. They justified the high pricing by saying that this was because of the affiliation with FTV, which is a global brand.
All this was fine. But I sensed something fishy when Kashiff told me that K group was solely responsible for setting up various F bars, cafe and F lounges all over india. Turns out, Kashiff has been scamming everyone by luring investors with big business proposals and suggesting that he alone owns the rights to sell various FTV brands. Infact i got in touch with http://www.fashiontvindia.in/contact.html, who said 'Trinity Fashion Broadcasting & Merchandising Pvt LTD' had the master franchise rights for FTV companies all over India. The person from Fashiontvindia validated this by saying they had received a lot of calls from curious investors questioning the authenticity of The K group’s involvement with FTV. Infact in the last 5 years, Kashiff and Sachin have duped over 6 investors(atleast) of a crore minimum, as per my source.
I don’t know if Mr. Rathi really faced such a horrifying experience with the K group, or if all the random praises for Kashiff Khan and his expertise in the other comments are genuine. All I can say suggest to every potential investor out there is to get information first hand from individual brand corporate head offices and to visit these so called franchises to verify if they even exist!

I noticed one bizarre trend to Mr. Rathi's complaint. All the comments to Mr. Rathi's review got posted in a span of 3-4 days. Mr. Abhijay Gupta has replied to his own comment saying he completely agrees with himself, while addressing to himself in third person. Further, Mr. Amarjot Singh's comment is exactly the same as Mr. Saurav Goel's, Word to Word. All the other comments talk about Kashiff as a supreme leader who brings prosperity and success to their life and yet not one of them mentions the brand which they invest in, where or when did it start, the finances and the quantifiers.

But who am I to judge?

Ben Dover
I think it really does not matter from whose ID, what inputs have gone, the point is we all know Mr. Khan & Mr. Shroff well, and we all have all been positive about his approach towards business and even on personal front. We have all grown with the growth of K Brands. As far as reviews posted in 3-4 days is bcoz i feel we all were shocked to see Mr. Rathi's post. I would like to appreciate Mr. Kashiff Khan, for his efforts to popularise the concept of the franchising among the entrepreneurs of this country and the opportunity to youths like me to venture into the field of entrepreneurship. I started my career as an executive in an MNC. But with inspiration from Mr. Kashiff Khan I started my spa and salon franchisee in Mumbai and today I have become a successful businessman on my own. I thank Mr. Khan and his entire team for their efforts and for giving an inexperienced person like me the opportunity to grow my business.
Complainant's reply, Mar 18, 2017
please tell us about your business mbiddvai. Which spa and salon franchisee did you open? and where in mumbai?
also how did an executive in an MNC get so inspired to open a spa and a salon in india? which MNC exactly is this?
how did Kashiff khan and sachin shroff guide you exactly? what was the investment like and how were the profits split.
We are all so curious to know!
I will be happy to share all the details in person with you.
If you so keen to know kindly share your number, will contact you to give all info.
Complainant's reply, Mar 22, 2017
This is a public forum. The reason for a blog like this is to address customer concerns. Like me, there are multiple investors Kashiff Khan and Sachin Shroff have scammed all over India, in multiple cities.

I do not see any reason for you to not tell us the details here, unless you have something to hide or avoid. I'm not asking you your atm pin or persona interestsl, i'm asking you for the name of the brand you invested in and it's location. Discussing your total investment shouldn't be a problem too, because nobody is contacting your 'MNC'. If you have a clean heart and if you really believe in integrity, muster some courage.
Its hard to believe in what Mr. rathi and Mr. Dover have said. I have been associated with the K Brands since 2015, with the launch of my Aura Spa outlet. Since our association till date, I have had barely any issues with the company, as I have received immense support and assistance from them throughout the journey. The company has really achieved a lot in a short time and I would love to further continue my association with the company and partner with it for any other future ventures.
I really feel its an conspiracy against Mr. Khan to spoil his image in the Market. I have a business in association with a company already since last 3 years. The business performance has exceeded my expectations and hence now when I am further intending to invest more money in my future venture, I still intend to associate myself with the K group. I am pretty sure that the company won’t let me down and this trust motivates me to make next move.
Total agree with you bro @ sunil, its quite strange and stupid to spoil name of such big business man on an public platform. The K Group headed by Mr. Kashiff Khan has been known in the market for Propagating Fresh & Innovative Ideas in the world of franchising. A lot of businessmen who are willing to try their luck in different fields and areas of business have been benefited by his insights and innovative ideas. A recommended place to do business with.
I feel pity on Kashiff's PR team. You guys are trying so hard to not show his real face in public. Anyone who have really dealt with The K Group in any capacity will be aware what Kashiff Khan and Sachin Shroff is really upto.
They have not yet opened a single outlet under K Group and they don't have valid license to expand any single brand.
The only outlets that are opened is Aura Spa under brand name Aura Wellness opened more than a year back.

Still if anyone wants to deal with the company, kindly do due diligence from your end. Check the running outlets and operations. Picture will automatically be cleared.

Until then PR team of Kashiff, you need to word really hard, Since Kashiff will keep on doing such criminal activities and people will keep posting. And if you guys really want to be busy make his profile on LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter and see the fun.
Complainant's reply, May 27, 2017

I really dont believe people can write all this shit about Mr. Khan and Mr. Shroff on public forum. I have met alot of brands to start up franchise however never felt so secured what i left After I got in touch with The K group, I discovered a whole bunch of opportunities in franchising. Today I am a franchise owner of one of the reputed F&B brands and running a successful business of my own. Thanks to The K Group for giving me this opportunity.
Kashiff Khan is a visionary man. Its really surprising to read such build up stories from rohit and rathi. A meeting with him helped me understand that the biggest assets of Mr. Khan's business is his foresightedness and his passion to grow and multiply things. His attitude of personally looking into minute details of the business gave me much needed confidence to go ahead to buy a franchise for Aura from the K Group. Today, I am proud that I made this decision as the business has always exceeded my expectations in terms of performance thus motivating me to go ahead for yet another outlet for Aura, which I intend to come up with soon by that is may be by this year end.
Adi an smart entrepreneur will never believe or even consider such comments which people like rathi and ben has posted. People like u and me and others like us know how K Group is. I myself always wanted to try something new other than our family business that we have got since last three generations. I wanted to try my hands on some new business ideas but did not know how to go about with it. It was after I came across K Group, which helped me to associate with well-established brands that I could do business with. Today, it’s been 4 years that I own an Aura franchisee and running a successful business of my own.
That's so true Mr. D'souza, businessman who do crores of business will never judge Mr. Khan or The K Group with such silly comments by Rohit & Rathi. I had an interaction with Mr. Kashiff Khan, of the K group recently while the formalities of taking the franchise of a well-known international hospitality brand. My interaction was brief but was in detail. He clearly mentioned all the pros and cons involved in the whole process, showed my all documents and advised me to take my call completely on the basis of my own judgement. The legal team too was helpful in understanding the complicated details of the deal.

The K Brands Aura Thai Spa - Cheating fraud scam in franchise