Airtel - New Connection

harrypoe1 on Jun 17, 2012
Bought 2 new connections from IP Infocomm vide receipt number 28685- was promised that the post paid connections will become live in 24 hours - it has been 4 days and no word from the service provider- my only regret is that I trusted that AIRTEL would have some sort of decorum/ code of ethics in place - none exist - Airtel us a shitty company represented by nincompoops- Top to the bottom.

I can write a 10 page story of what I have undergone in the last 3 days - but that is not going to change the situation on the ground.

My only advice is to all consumers - Rs. 600 that I paid for getting the two connection does not matter - I gave my passport copy as address and verification doc, the stress and abuse I got from Airtel representatives - Invaluable !!!

Please avoid the following or associated company - IP Infocomm - all telemarketing calls from the so called Airtel Telemarketeers... these are cheap BPO's trying to make a fast buck... with little care about the customer- Airtel is least bothered.

Avoid the following numbers - 9910031004, 9818225063, 9818225176, 9910009905, 0120 3390127 and atleast 20 more...

I received atleast 20 calls on friday for verification and confirmation of my home address - despite my explaining to each and every idiot who called from Airtel - that the address on my passport is correct - the address given on the application form is correct ... instead of a person coming fro verification- I would end up receiving a call again.

They want payment in cash and if you ask for cancelling the order - the AIRTEL POLICY is that my 600 rupees will come back to me after 45 days and to get them I will have to travel 96 kms *2 = 192 kms - going and coming- twice - once to give the application for refund from Greater Noida to Noida and then to collect my refund. KUDOS AIRTEL.

The call center compliant - will get me a response in 7 days - the Nodal office will take 45 days to respond- "NOT SOLVE MY COMPLIANT" - 45 days to respond.

I guess someone needs to understand that all I asked for was a mobile connection. All docs submitted and payment made in cash- however what I could clearly hear was people laughing at the other end of the call at my pligght.

AIRTEL the 100% perfect company. CHEERS !!!

Comments

Joan Armstrong Airtel  - DWARKA, South West Delhi, Delhi, India

One of the worst customer service providers are AIRTEL there have so ad's about how big they business is expanding but when it comes to serving customers there are the worst. Worst are the people who work for the company have no answers to queries and not ready to take any Ownership just believe in passing the blame very conveniently. I had taken a new connection and was told that it would be activated within 4 hours by the dealer since it was friday i gave it some time but when it was not done on saturday i had called the company and was told by the associate that it takes 24 working hours and since that time is not yet passed to wait untill that time frame.

Having waited for 24 working hours as of monday and no phone being activated, i called up customer care again and was told to wait before a complaint could be raised. Pathetic service being driven away rather then taking the blame and working on a resolution. Since i was leaving on a vacation i wanted the phone activated to carry it along with me. Called again and raised the complain was told that it would resolved with 48 working hours, still thought since i would be travellling when i actually arrive the phone would be activated by then. Called customer care again and asked for a supervisor who was fit for nothing Ms Sunitha rani, she spoke worse then the house keeping people that work at my office. No responsibilty no ownership nothing typical goverment working indian service. All that she asked me to do was wait untill the service failure would be resolved. She promised me a call back from her supervisor its been 15 days now and am still waiting.
The phone got finally activated on the last day of my return to hyderabad, i was left without a phone for my entire stay, i had to wait in queues to make a call to my loved ones back home. Not only was taking the new connection purpose failed, on top of it i was made huge promises from people who could not fulfill them. All that the airtel people have is huge attitude and nothing else. If this was nt india there would be paying millions in lawsuits filed against them. Yesterday adding more spice to the entire saga is when another rep calls up and states that the phone was activated the very next day after the documents were submitted, wonder then why am making this complaint and taking this matter further. Again Kiran had no answers just kept saying sorry and promised a call back from the supervisor all empty promises from people who are fit for nothing getting paid just like that.
JS Dhillon Airtel  - DWARKA, South West Delhi, Delhi, India

I am a customer of Airtel since last four years. I have changed my job and moved to a new location but I was using the same mobile no. After setteling down in the city I went to Airtel asking them to give me a post paid local sim. I was shocked to see that they said SIM can not be given to me as I do not have a permanent local address. I belong to punjab and I can not get a post paid SIM in UP. The way things have been briefed to me was shocking and I wonder how this type of company becomes the biggest in industry.
Complainant3766785 Airtel  - India

I purchased a new connection from Apco (Mr. Dinesh 9821629562), and given all my details like ration card and PAN card. I was given a new number after 2 days 9004282311 and the number was activated after 3 days. I used the service for 5 days and after that outgoing was deactivated and later both the incoming and out going was stopped. I had made several attempt to contact Airtel office 121 they are not giving satisfactory reply. Later on Friday 31/07/2009 I went to Airtel office Peninsula Park where I again submitted my ID proof like PAN Card and Ratio Card Zerox to Ms Shweta. They confirmed that within 48 Hours the services will start. Till now my number is inactive what should I do. Please help me.

Sharan Poojari
Mobile - 9928052263
sharanpoojari@nerolac.com
SHARAN V POOJARI Airtel  - India

I Have visited the Airtel office thrice -
Day one 30/07/2009 I was told to fill the form again and bring zerox and photo.
Day two 31/07/2009 I filled the form and give the zerox copy to Shweta.
Day Three 03/08/2009 I went to airtel office and waited for 1 and half hour and left as nobody were ready to attend me.

I Want to say that Airtel service is horrible and nobody should opt for such horrible service. Even the 121 service on Airtel you are made to call 10 ~ 15times.

Sharan
9920852263
SHARAN POOJARI Airtel  - India

I Have visited the Airtel office thrice -
Day one 30/07/2009 I was told to fill the form again and bring zerox and photo.
Day two 31/07/2009 I filled the form and give the zerox copy to Shweta.

Sharan Poojari
Mobile - 9920852263
deepakbandwar Airtel  - DWARKA, South West Delhi, Delhi, India

I am applying new connection for airtel landling and broadband. i submitted from your sales representive MR. SHIV KUMAR MOB- 9717197282 dated : 07.09.2010. and he ( Shiv kumar) say your connection is install dated 8.09.2010.but shiv kumar is not pick my phone i call regular.My connection is not install.
DEEPAK KUMAR,
deepakbandwar Airtel  - DWARKA, South West Delhi, Delhi, India

Hello sir,
My name is deepak kumar . i am applying new connection for airtel broadband. mr shiv kumar is airtel representive. i am application submitted in 08 sep 2010. but till date connection is not install. i know airtel is best services but till date airtel is most fraud company.
i am submitted legal action.
anujgovil Airtel  - Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India

I needed Internet Connection at my place on urgent basis so as to handle my international clients from home. I requested AIRTEL executive to visit me to collect money and documents from me so that I can get AIRTEL Broadband service at home situated at Gyan Khand Indirapuram, Ghaziabad
N Oct 18, 2011 by
Rahul Patil Airtel  - Karnataka, India

I have paid 999 rupees for new Airtel broadband connection request number 280593 on 12th October 2011. The person collecting documents promised that broadband will be installed and start in 2 days. Its been 6 days and I have not received any connection. When I try the office numbers they dont pickup calls. I am looking for refund of the money paid. This is worst service provider.
N Oct 18, 2011 by
Jeanne Airtel  - Karnataka, India

Even I had applied for a new broadband connection in the same way, which was supposed to be given in 2 days. Today is the fourth day and I haven't got the connection yet. When I had enquired about this, I found that I will get the connection only by 20th Oct. Disgusting..…

Airtel - New Connection