Airtel Postpaid Mobile - Not getting 3G speed as promised

riyaz1983 on Oct 5, 2011
This is regarding my postpaid mobile connection 9980101280 provided by airtel. I have been using this number for the past 6 years. Recently I got an update that there is an offer for 3G usage in Airtel which is called 3G Double Dhamaka plan. I was in a normal Rs. 98 GPRS plan where I was getting 2Gb free in a month. I thought of giving a try to the 3G stuff and changed my plan to Rs. 100 for 200MB. The highest speed offerred by Airtel is 21.1 Mbps as advertised by them. I am not asking for that speed any how and just need something near to 5-10% of the top speed. Right now I am getting a speed of around 300 Kbps which is not acceptable at all. I raised a complaint with Airtel customer care and they said I will get a call within 4 hours, I waited till 4 days but still notcall. I called Airtel customer care again and they said they are escalating the issue and not able to give me a reason whether why I didn't get a call or whether why the issue is not resolved.

I just wanted to make awareness to all the Airtel 3G users, you are not getting the speed for which your paying and what they advertise. I will update this in facebook and also please inform this to all your friends who are using 3G. Airtel is cheating all their customers and people are not aware of it at all.

Riyaz