Airtel Prepaid - Balance Reduction to zero while International Roaming

Lijith Vasanthalal
I am an Airtel Prepaid customer since last six months. I have two more sim cards also. Altogether I recharge my sim cards more thar 3500 Rs per month. My job is like that I work 28 days On and 28 days off in West Africa. Every time I bring my Airtel mobile with me with a balance not much less than 300 Rupees. This time also I was doing the same. Just after reaching Angola I send one sms to India. That time my balance was something like 298 Rupees. I receive one message saying that they deduct 15 Rs for the sms. After some time I try to send one more sms. But I couldn't send it bcos I found my balance as low as 0.23. I don't know how it happened. you are responsible to find a solution for this. I need my Full balance back as soon as possible.

Thanks for your co operation

Comments

Exorbitant charges on intl roaming - Airtel Mobile

I have been a subscriber of Airtel for over 10 years now. My number is 9980130195. I have consistently felt that the charges for international roaming are very high but my recent experience takes the cake.

I recently travelled to Batam which is an island very close to Singapore. I made a couple of calls while in Batam for which I was hooked to Telekom Malaysia or Telekom Indonesia.

I was shocked to see my bill where I have been charged Rs 150 per min for these calls.

I have been following up with Airtel for clarification on the billing for the past two weeks but I get a standard email response from different agents. I am not able to reach higherups in Airtel too.

Rgds

Shankar

Date 22-09-2009
To,
HSBC

Dear Sir

Re : Credit Card No.4476921202346817

I am employed with Everest Industries Limited having office at Mumbai. In or about Feb 2006, your marketing representative visited my Thane office and gave demo for the usage features of your card. While I was inquiring about the features of your card, your marketing representative obtained my signatures on some forms and obtained some documents from me for purpose of noting my name as “interested member” for filling inquiry form. Subsequently your Bank Credit Card bearing No4476921202346817 was posted to me at my office address.

I say that without my using your card, your Bank sent me statement for Rs.210/-.approximately. I say that I immediately called your customer care number putting forth my grievance and called upon them to cancel my card and terminate services with immediate effect. I also called upon them to sent me letter for “No claim”, to which they showed their inability and stated that same is granted only in case where there is any dispute above Rs.1000/-, however they assured me that card is cancelled and services are terminated. I say that subsequent thereof, I have not received any statement from your bank till date.

I say that from last about 15 days, I am receiving sms from your bank for payment of Rs.4570/- towards aforesaid credit card pending bills. I had never imagine of such conduct from Big Banking Corporation like yours. I say that without usage of your services, how can I be made and forced to pay charges levied by you. I put forth my grievances with your customer care at Ram Maruti Rd branch, Thane who showed their inability to locate my bills and pending dues. They were also unable to provide me any Bank statement though I was ready and willing to bear the cost for same. I say that I also spoke to Mr.66667070 of your Bank collection centre at Mumbai, 022-67115687 who responded to me rudely as if I am bring defaulter / criminal. I say that thereafter I spoke to your Delhi Recovery Cell at Telephone No011-45023808/45023968 with Mr.Basant, who was also not able to resolve to my problem or provide me statisfactory reply.

I called 022-67115687/67116251/67116115 no one response

The said act of your to grab heavy & exorbitant amount from me for no fault of mine speaks of your volumes and attitudes to procure money by adhering to illegal means & making trap for the innocent customers like me.

I am therefore now constrained to put forth my grievance in writing for necessary action and resolution of my grievance. Request you please look into this matter and advise what should be my next step.
Yours truly,
Arun Shankar Kushwaha
kushwahaas@hotmail.com
CC to for information and record

A) Thane