Airtel - SET-TOP BOX CHARGES

ypedduri on Oct 17, 2012
CUSTOMER ID: 3007178588

MY AIRTEL DTH SET-TOP BOX STOPPED WORKING SUDDENLY. THE COMPLAINT LODGED WITH CUSTOMER CARE TO LOOK INTO THE PROBLEM. THE SERVICE ENGINEER FROM AIRTEL VISITED MY HOME AND WITH OUT ANY EXPLANATION ASKED US TO BUY NEW ONE. HE MENTIONED CHARGES OF >1000/- Rs WITH 3 MONTHS WARRANTY AND ALSO ASKED US TO RETURN THE CURRENT BOX.

I WANT AIRTEL TO CLARIFY THE FOLLOWING STATEMENTS MADE BUY YOUR EMPLOYEES (CUSTOMER CARE/SERVICE ENGINEER/AREA MANAGER etc):

1. How does AIRTEL have the ownership of set-top box after charging the customer with full market value of set-top box?
2. Why AIRTEL does not take ownership of faulty set-top boxes and their maintenance?
3. Why AIRTEL supplying set-top boxes with 3 months warranty? Why customer forced to accept such vulnerable boxes?
4. What does AIRTEL do with the set-top boxes collected upon DTH disconnection?
5. Why I am charged with new box price (>1000) when I am provided with used set-top box?

Please listen to recent call data on this customer ID for further clarification.

This is very very unfair business AIRTEL is doing with its customer. Please look into the issue and refund my money without any further delay.

THANK YOU.

Comments

D Oct 17, 2012 by
airtelpresence@in.airtel.com

Namaste(ypedduri),

This is to inform you that your concern listed on 17 Oct 2012 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

For any queries you may have you can also get in touch with us at www.airtel.in/airtelpresence

Deepak Mohod
Airtel Presence (Airtel Customer Service Team)
Bharti Airtel Ltd
airtelpresence@in.airtel.com

Twitter - www.twitter.com/airtel_presence
Facebook - www.facebook.com/bhartiairtelltd
Linked- http://in.linkedin.com/pub/airtel-presence-bharti-airtel-ltd/1b/119/a33
D Oct 29, 2012 by
ypedduri

Your Engineer charged 100/- Rs, We paid him cash for service.
D Oct 29, 2012 by
ypedduri

AIRTEL DTH SET-TOP BOX CHARGES
CUSTOMER ID: 3007178588

Dear Deepak,

I have complained about

1. We are provided with used set-top box and charged us with 1000/- Rs (new box market price)
2. Our set-top box problem was resolved after week after complaint, but my I have been charged during this time without service.
3. With out my knowledge, My account charged with Rs. 47.00, engineer visit charges.
4. Your Engineer charged 100/- Rs, We paid him cash for service.

Please act on complaints at least once.

Show minimum respect to your customers. Please train your guys in customer care. They really need orientation on attending complaints.

Airtel - SET-TOP BOX CHARGES