Honda Unicorn - Defect in Bike and Customer Service

Arun Kumar
My name Arun Kumar and I bought a HONDA Unicorn from Didar Motors Chennai (#340 (old # 654), Anna Salai, Chennai – 600006) on 18th Feb 2008. The bike was good, until I found out this defect. This Unicorn Bike in allergic to water, the moment it gets wet the engine cools down and bike turns off. When I visited some websites to figure out what has gone wrong, I got replies from forum members saying it’s a common defect in UNICORN and I need to get this fixed. Being an Engineer I accept a defect can occur in a product, and I don’t blame HONDA for this. But what followed was even more surprising. First I went to Didar motors saying I have this problem, the guy had a look at the bike, looked at spark plug and then gave it back to me saying “Now it’s fine…” Four days after this had happened, we had rain in Chennai, and the same old problem reappeared. This time after completely getting myself drenched in rainwater I somehow managed to push my bike to a nearest service center JSP Honda Vepery. An authorized service center in charge gave me this reply “Sir. I understand your problem, but I suggest you to take it to Didar, we will have problems servicing it here”. Next day I went to Didar again, this time the person in charge of that service station said to a mechanic “Same problem which we had in the Black one, look into this…” I was finally happy; some one has recognized my bike’s problem. He got the bike back in 10 mins. I got even more excited thinking they have super mechanics who can fix such problems in matter of minutes. But I had doubts in my mind so finally decided to give it for First Service on 27th March (again in Didar). This time, I asked him to retest this problem. Next day I got the bike saying “It’s all fine….” Today 31st march again we had rain in Chennai, and again the problem reappeared. Again I took my bike to Didar at 6.15PM saying I have this problem, the attitude with which the person in charge replied to me has actually got me upset. The guy replied “Get the Bike tomorrow when it is raining, we will test drive the Bike in rain and then see what can be done….” in a manner, as if I am asking him for some HELP. I literally pleaded to him, to have my mike there and have a closer look at it. HONDA Company did not gift me this bike, I bought this Bike with my hard earned money for Rs 62, 160.00 + Rs 868.00 (accessories) and I expect only things which a person normally expects out of his Bike and nothing more. For all along I was quite, but now I feel things are going above a tolerable level. Consumer’s right should be protected, and it is not only the responsibility of a Company but also (Dealers, Sub dealers) every single person associated with it. I don’t know whom I should report this to, so I send this mail to every single mail ID of persons whom I think can really help me. If you have any suggestion for me do reply back to arunkumar_s22@yahoo.com

Arun

Comments

I also had the same problem of getting the bike off in wet conditions.
I experienced the problem on 1st day itself.
But honda technicians told me that it might take some 1000 km or more for the engine to run perfectly.
The problem persisted even after the 1st paid (after 6 free)services.
They insisted on changing the plug adaptor in this time.
At last the problem got solved----------By Muthoot Honda Thiruvalla.

" Carbeurator air intake line not routed properly-----Mistake from the assembly line"

Namstey to all,

I brought the honda unicorn three months back from om sai honda malad mumbai.when i got the delivery from the showroom on that time the bike was jurking after starting and the still i am facing the same problem whenever i start my bike i am having this problem and when i gave my bike for my first service to the company service station they people changed my diefame and then they said now your bike's problem is sloved and then again i faced the problem again on very next day so i asked the service station people on phone that the same problem is there in my bike so what should i do so the fellow replied to me that when you will come next time then we will see to it and on second service they people changed my fuel tank and put down my old diefame then they said the problem was in tank not in the diefame so i felt relax that my problem is solved but very next day i felt same problem with me then i called up again to the service station then they put my call to the workshop manager then he said when ever your bike is free then give me for two days i will check the problem.And after two days ( they have drived my more then 125k.m ) that showroom manager replied i have checked your bike there is no pronblem in your bike.

But i am very surprice that the same problem is still there in my bike.so i think that the problem is there in my bike and in the company service station's people.

Hitesh Kotak
My registration number :- MH - O2 - BL - 9000
D
Mrinmoy

I am using the Unicorn since 2004 and recently I bought the newer verson of Unicorn, but till today I haven't witness such a strange problem! The problem may be somewhere else.

This is for kind information and notice last three day back we have been called for the repair / starting problem of Honda Unicorn 150 cc. your agent muthoot honda, pathanamthitta, kerala has not been reply for itselt.

Your dealer has not attending the complaint . It is very diffictult to provide the place of dealer. The motor cycle is under garantee/warantee it is very to shame to not attending the complaint

please this is for information and take action against the dealer.

with regards,

BABU P K
MGF HYUNDAI
KOZHENCHERRY P O
PATHANAMTHITTA

Never go to a service center for repairs as claimed by the company. Find out a best mechanic in your locality and try to solve the problem with him. It is not a complicated engine. I have several experiences with Honda service center. In service center, each member has to cover nearly 5 to 10 vehicles in a day and may neglect detailed service to your vehicle. Now I used to service with a mechanic who does all the job with perfection, but only buy genuine parts from the service center and rest try to do with the mechanic. They do not charge for what ever thing you do in the center. Who knows that our vehicle is best cared for in the service center as we are not allowed to get in.

I mr taufeeque jaitapkar KONDE TAD RAJAPUR TALUKA RAJAPUR DIST RATNAGIRI MAHARSHTRA earlier i had sent u email complaint againts JAGRUT HONDA RATANAGIRI DIST :RATNAGIRI STATE MAHARASHTRA regarding purchasing of unicorn honda .in this connection your executive of konkan region [the name of this person not in my mind now]he follows properly.i had claim compensation againts company which i had beared.

the manager mr raut of jagrut honda pay rupess 918 [nine hundred eigteen ] as compensation.

I am very much thankful to company who follows my complaints.and treat me better response.
thanking u

please send ur consumer complend e-mail id for sending about my vechile complent with attachment documents

with faihfully

pincode:122001
phone:09811155804
email:sainifateh@yahoo.co.in
comments:I Have bought a new Honda Stunner from Nawab Honda, Gurgaon. Now
Rear tyre has some air leakage problem. I went to the showroom of Honda,
the exective/engineer over there told that the tyre has manufacturing
problem, Please to MRF. I don't know to whom I contact for the same.
Kindly help me to get my tyre replace as confirm by Honda. I also have the
letter & photo of faulty tyre from Honda stating that the tyre has
manufacturing problem.

Thanks & Best Regards
Fateh Singh
# 9811155804

Honda servicdes are really poor in navi mumbai. They dont even have mechanics here in the panvel showroom.Ive been visiting the showroom for two weeks now and still havent got a chance to sevice my bike.
Besides the bike is not upto the mark or as they advertise it.My Honda unicorn has'nt given me average above 39 till now; and its just 7 months old. There is also starting problem in my bike.The bike has to be always started keeping the choke on. Complaints to the mechanics and servicemen in the service centre have fallen on deaf ears.All they say is that it will take time to be smooth running.I ont get the logic.
I dont want to be a wing rider anymore.

I am sold a Honda Unicorn on Dated 15.05.2008 from Laxmi Honda, Angul, Orissa.
Problems:
- Noisey Engine sound
- Milease below 45km/h
- No pick up.
- Smoke appears from cylencer
The above problem I checkup in service centre, but they are not found the actual default. Once they are change ring sets, but after some days the same problem again accure.

Please instructed.

Thangs
Gurupada

I bought my honda unicorn on feb 2008, my bike stops running during rainy season.
i took this bike to service center (marikar honda trivandrum Kerala),
every one knows in kerala theirs rain in plenty, iam really afraid to take my bike out during rain.
i took it service center they replaced my spark plug adapter and said every thing is fine, but the problem persist.
please any one help me 2 sort this problem out, what should i do.
D
LIJESH

SIR

MY NAME IS LIJIESH AND I AM FROM KERALA TRIVANDRUM. I BROUGHT A BRAND NEW HONDA UNICORN AND MET WITH AN ACCIDENT. FOR ACCIDENT REPAIRS & FOR CLAIM WORKS I HAVE GIVEN MY VEHICLE TO EVM MOTORS IN TRIVANDRUM (NIRAMANKARA). AFTER THE COMPLECTION OF WORK OF 18 THOUSAND I HAVE TEST DRIVED MY VEHICLE & I FOUND THAT THE WORK HAS NOT BEEN DONE PROPERLY. WHEN I DRIVE MY VEHICLE THERE IS A SIDE PULLING TO RIGHT SIDE. AND AGAIN I WENT TO EVM WITH THE COMPLAINT. THEY HAVE CHECKED MY VEHICLE AND SAID THAT THERE IS NO PROBLEM. BUT STILL THERE IS A SIDE PULLING.
I AM VERY MUCH UPSET TO THE POOR REPAIRING QUALITY OF UR DEALER. AND THIS IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.

I WANT MY VECHILE IN GOOD CONDITION. FOR THAT WHAT I HAVE TO DO. IF THE WORK HAS NOT BEEN DONE PROPERLY I WILL FILE A CASE IN CONSUMER COURT.

REGARDS

LIJESH.

dear honda

when i am gong to book honda unicorn in Kollam show room, they said that in honda two wheeler plant labour strikes, so for getting unicorn bike take 5 months, kindly say the exact reason for the delay, i book the bike by giving rs 1000/- at vahini motors kollam

hello honda

when i going to book for honda unicron bike at Kollam, vahini motors, they people said in honda labour strike so they stop production so take 5 months for getting unicorn bikes, i booked the bike by rs 1000/- paid

Respected Sir,

I have applied for a new honda unicorn bike with your dealer in pondicherry on august 27 in my father-in-law account, they have told within 50 days we will deliver the bike but still now they have not deliver, i am asking them regularly but they are telling the same reason that company in strike i want to no how many month the company will be in strike. Sir i want to no the exact reason about this i am fedup with this reason.
finally i am asking can you able to deliver the bike or not, i will go for any other company there are lots of bikes on road.

Please reply for this.

Thanks & Regaards
VInod

Respected Sir,
Myself Patel Ravindrakumar from VALSAD (Gujarat) had brought my UNICORN on 1/11/07 and have many problems regarding the bike.

My last service was a on 4/3/09 at Valsad and they replaced tensioner which costed me Rs 214/-, the bill no. is 6213, Job card No. 6606. But as I was not satisfied with the solution of my problem so i complained about it to the service station Imperial Auto, VAPI (Gujarat). They told me to keep the bike for a week i.e. from 13/3/09. After doing the service they delivered me my bike on 18/3/09. They had replaced the various parts like Chain. Cam, Guide. Chain, Liftterasssy, Tensione, Tensioner Assy.C. (In Warranty) for which they took labour charge 353/- Rs and Job no. Q/13567, Inv. No. 17338.

But on the very next day i had the same problem, so i again called them and again they replaced some parts like Cylinder, Gasket, Piston, Valve stick, Valve hex. on 24/3/09, the Inv. no. 17638, Job no. Q/13930.

But today i.e. 23/10/09 while driving the bike it again suddenly stopped by making some noise.

Now it is too much, I also have no time to waste behind this and to go Vapi and keep my bike there for service again and again and get no satisfied results. Now what I want is that u have to send ur engineer at Valsad and bring a solution for my bike.
Please give me safisfactory solution for my bike as soon as possible or I think I have to take further strict measures and take legal support as u r bluffing me.

Patel Ravindrakumar Bhagubhai
At., Nani Saron,
Po., Saron
Valsad - 396 001 (GUJARAT)
Mo. No. is +91 9925809087

I am booked unicorn black two wheeler at date of 23/09/2009, in kadapa. But till on not delivery, please tell me what going on. When will it delever.

Pratul Honda, Kondapur, Hyderabad: Very Very poor Service and no proper response

the honda unicorn in good bick

Iam mohammed sharif cp
iam booking of new honda unicorn black colour on 19/05/2009 of AM Honda (perinthalmanna showroom) our tell the 03 month waiting Iam waiting 05 month till not get mobike.

so please helpe me i must be wanted mobike in this time

my contact NO:09605664497, 04942566507