In the past two and half years or so I have been dealing with Indiapetstore.com on a regular basis. I used to place orders and they used to deliver the goods albeit with a little time delay. And I was also aware of quite a good number of complaints that were floating On-line. Since I was getting the items I continued to shop with them.
The only thing I noticed was that the product listing on their site had reduced over 60% over a period of time. I thought that they were cutting down non-moving stocks or may be they were going through a slump.
But finally I too bore the brunt of Indiapetstore.com! Here is what happened….
1. On 11 Mar 12, I placed the following order online:-
Order Information - Order #3017126
Qty. Products Total
1 ea. Tetra Bits Medium 20 % Extra 300ml 1 + 1 FREE Rs.650.00
2 ea. Cichlid Gold Sinking Mini 100gm Rs.300.00
1 ea. Cichlid Lake Salt™ 250 mL Rs.425.00
Sub-Total: Rs.1, 375.00
Courier/ packing Rs.70.00
Total: Rs.1, 445.00
2. I paid Rs.1445/- vide ICICI bank online transaction number 300047509 on the same date and confirmed to Indiapetstore. I had left an instruction that my mobile number needed to be printed on the “To” address so that the courier guys could contact me for early delivery.
3. They acknowledged the payment on 13 Mar 12 on their site.
4. They showed that the order had been shipped on 30 Mar 12. But they never intimated me the Name of the Courier Service or the AWB Number through which they sent the consignment.
5. Till date I have sent a total of 07 emails to them at email@example.com and also registered my complaints 07 times in their Online site itself. That makes a total of 14 emails!! Till date I have receive no reply. In the last email, I had even urged them to refund the money, if they could not honour the order. But alas, I turns out that Mr. Nirav Shaw has no honour at all!
If a regular customer like me can get screwed… there is no reason why other won’t get cheated and screwed! So, fellow hobbyists, please transact with Indiapetstore.com at your own risk.