Preeti Slim Fitness Centre - Cheating about non refund of Money

PRABHUNE RAVINDRAKUMAR BHALCHANDRA
I went to Preeti Slim Fitness Centre at Dattadham Bldg, Near Datta Mandir, Dhahanukar Wadi, Mahavir Nagar, Kandivali (W), and Mumbai on 3rd June 2009. Due to the aggressive advertising strategy of Preeti Slim in my locality and even in the leading News Paper like Mid Day, Times of India and Hindustan Times, I became very much desperate to join the sliming centre for reducing my weight faster.

On 3rd of June 2009, Asst Manager of the centre took my BMI and offered me 20Kg reduction plan with the one time cost of 25000/- & treatment would be given until I lose this weight. I was also told that I would get all assistance from Dietician & other panel members in achieving this & I may have to come 2-3 times a week for 90 minutes.

Due to the monetary constraint I opted for 10Kg reduction plan & paid Rs 12500/- upfront on the same day vide ICICI debit card. That day only one treatment of vibrator for 20min was given. My measurement was then taken on that day & I could not meet a dietician on that day. My next session was fixed on 8th June 2009 at 7.30 & I got a treatment in two sessions with vibrator and Heat Therapy. My weight was taken before the treatment & after the treatment. That Time Ms Gouri, Dietician gave me one form & told me that I have to meet Psychiatrist, Physician & then my video shooting will be done for recording the figure appearance. Then I was told that I have to come empty stomach or with very light meal in the afternoon without any food at least 2 hour before the session. Ms Gouri, Dietician, did mention that I have to follow a diet which will be given to me in the next round of session & then I have to maintain my weight subsequently. I was not aware still that if I do not able to maintain the weight which was taken after the last session then I would be deprived from taking the treatment next time. I would have to go home without session. I learned this fact when I had visited on 3rd time on 11th June 2009. After the session when I came to know about policy of Preeti Slim to get rid of Obese People after taking out their money by not allowing them for the treatment if they do not maintain the previous weight.

All the rules & regulations of Preeti Slim are still not known to me. After learning this fact I immediately decided there & there that I expressed that since I was not knowing all the rules & regulation which are basically made to cheat the people & never been told to the consumer before taking admission to the centre, I want to discontinue and I requested the Asst Manager Ms Rupali to refund of balance amount after reducing the legitimate changes of the 2 sessions. I was told that time that I would be intimated about the same on 12th June. After calling of 2-3 times Ms Rupali, Asst Manager spoke to me & then the Sr Manager Ms Khan spoke to me & told me that no amount would be refunded and I have to follow the rules & regulation.

My question is still unanswered by them that why these rules & regulations have not been told to me at time of full payment of Rs 12, 500/- and why Preeti Slim refrain the consumer from taking treatment if he/she does not maintain the weight taken in the previous session. Such type of trade practice is not in the interest of the consumers & infringed the rights of consumer. I am still ready to fight for money and urge to all the regulators to stop this practice of Preeti Slim Clinic immediately and help me in getting the refund of legitimate amount as I have a fear that many people have lost their money & fooled by Preeti Slim.

R B Prabhune

Comments

Nathan

Refund of amount towards treatment - weight management

( REMINDER-1)

To, 25th September 2008

Ms. Divya Sood,

Managing Director

The Body Care.

Sub : Refund of amount towards treatment

Dear Madam,

My name is Nathan (card # 906). I had enrolled myself for a weight management programme at one of your clinics in Koramangala on the 9th of February 2008. I have paid a total sum of Rs.35000/- towards the treatment which was supposed to be for a period of 6 months.

I had undergone the treatment for roughly one and half months. I was unable to continue the treatment because of my time restrictions. I had expressed my desire to dis-continue the treatment due to my professional constraints. My current job requires me to travel a lot due to which I am not able to spend time in Bangalore. I had called your Koramangala clinic asking them to accept my request. Ms. Shwetha had spoken to me in the month of March 2008 and was supposed to call me back but till date no one has reverted to me.

It is now nearly 6 months since I last spoke to anyone from your organisation. This kind of behaviour is not appreciated under any circumstances and that too from a reputed firm like yours. Your organisation's annual turnover is stated to be Rs.80 crores which is excellent progress but I certainly hope that it is not through presumed contributions like mine.

I request you to kindly refund my money at the earliest after deducting the charges for the period that I utilised your services.

I can be reached at the same e-mail id and the mentioned mobile number.

Looking forward to a positive response from your side.

Thanking you,

Yours truly,

Nathan

obesity - Personal

i have problem with obesity. please do necessary suggation.
Ved Parkash
+91-9911124422
S B

I agree with the lady Pretti Slim is fooling people...Dr naik is an incompetent guy who has fleeced monies from several guillible people and the consumer forum should take action against such ill-practicing clinics...
D
lamiya

I totally disagreesince even im a member at ban dra branch...
Infact you should have taken a package session based fool if thats ur problem rather than going for 10kg pkg...
and for example If children at school dont go wid updated homework then obviously teacher will not go forward wid studies,
How stupid can ppl be????
And so you mean to say since u joined for 10 kgs & supposedly u lost 2kgs in 2 weeks & then u eat loads of food n cum wid 5kgs more no slimming centre wil give u session dumb!!!
-LAMIYA

I fully agree that prettislim is fooling people. I was in heating room. I got burnt due to excess heat and I called by giving so many bell calls. Nobody attended me... at kandivali centre.They apologised that they do not have sufficient staff!!!

I had made a written complaint to them and
I wrote a letter to refund my money.They said that they will revert in some time. Neither they reverted back nor any kind of refund!!!

For appointment also you have to try your luck!!! Many of times they do not have staff.. Many times it is full.. No appointments are given due to mis-management.

Why can not they appointment when we are there at their centre. why we need to call them on phone only????

I request if somebody can get me refund from this people.

I am sure it is a misguiding business. As I have paid money and they do not refund I am continuing at kandivali dahanukarwadi centre.
N Jan 24, 2011 by
siddsafa

the sad part about this clinic is they put you on sad diets.. post their treatment you dont gain weight.. your body boosts weight... and you gain like oozes of weight only because of switching back to roti from the taseless soya...
N Mar 26, 2011 by
wtloss

wat they do in Tummy tucks?
N Mar 26, 2011 by
wtloss

i had already paid the money and now i am worried after reading the reviews.. :(
A Jun 23, 2011 by
minri

WASTE OF MONEY!!! JUST FALSE CLAIMS!!! PLS BEWARE DONT WASTE UR PRECIOUS MONEY! Coz i have WASTED MY MONEY. I was foolish enough to fall for their false claims. PLS LET ME KNOW HOW DO I GET A REFUNd??
N Jul 10, 2011 by
Mexico Singh Preeti Slim Fitness Centre  - Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India

Lost of ATM card - Fitness one

Dear Sir

I have lost my ATM/Debit card on 09 July 2011 at 10 o'clock in road
Kindly block my ATM card as soon as possible.

Details are
Name: Oinam Ropen Singh
Hyderabad
SBI A/C : 20022091347
Branch-- .Kondarpur (Hyderabad)
Mobile no--8121669337
A Jul 18, 2011 by
moon610

Even I had faced this problem with preetislim they told that we will assist u till the weight loss if unable to do then give test of picosa and god knows expensive test which u cant do then say its not our fault its ur body problem then if we r not attaining the session for 2 months and go afterwards then they say ur session is expired and get rid of their customer and take our money in their pocket without giving any consultant for weight loss this issue is for 12500 rs mine is for 50000rs including me and my motherlaw please if anybody has any complaint no. where we should give our complaint for this provide me and how we can get our moneyfrom this fogery company
N Jul 18, 2011 by
moon610

the above issue i m facing with Bandra Branch and dietician is kavita who firstly never give attention to their client always say i will get back to u by consulting with their ASM her name is sejal and never give answer
N Sep 5, 2011 by
sdeepshikha2002

fucking overweight people...

stay away from preeti slim...
N Dec 1, 2011 by
chundarathil Preeti Slim Fitness Centre  - Maharashtra, India

I made a complaint about not able to sign into the internet reservation which i ahve used for along time.
I got the following response and not heard from anyone at all

Your email has been assigned ticket ID [IRCTC #9213]. Please include ticket ID: [IRCTC #9213]

I am not sure what is heappening?
Please reply as i would very much like to continue using the system
D Jan 12, 2012 by
jinal.shah01

Hi All,

I totally disagree with the above.

Even i am a client of Pretislim from July 2011 and i m pretty satisfied with the staff and the management i get appointments regularly by calling them up and i have never faced any problems with them. My dietician Yasmin is awesome even if i gain weight she tries and gives me a good diet to loss weight and i have lost 7 kgs in 5 months and even i eat out more than 4-5 times in a month and even i gain weight but the kandivali staff is not bad at all they try to arrange something for me.

If anybody has paid money go and take the sessions and reduce your weight.

Jinal
N Jan 17, 2012 by
paklekar

As i have paid for sessions and i am yet to start, let me experience and i will share my views on this forum, because now asking for refund looks like impossible.
A Jan 20, 2012 by
jess14

i totally agree its all BALLS N MONEY MAKING RACKET!!!
A Feb 1, 2012 by
Sachs

Pretti Slim is a big cheat. I went there for weight loss and the marketing lady, Beena (in Bandra) fooled me into joining for skin treatment. When my skin got worse and the weight did not reduce, I asked them for a refund which of course they refused. I felt miserable and conned. They are very strong in marketing and fooling people. My advice, dont go to them. U will lose your money, not your weight! They tell u to drink water before the session and they make u pee after the session. Obviously that is water out of your system. Then they say thats weight loss!. Dont get fooled!
N Mar 30, 2012 by
snehal kalra

Hi. I was a member at preetislim bandra last year. I lost around 12 kgs in a span of 3-4 months. Let me tell you all, that i have a weight problem since childhood.I am hypothyroid & PCOD patient. I have tried many fitness centers, techniques, pills, doctors etc. I know, there is no magic bullet in this world, to make you lose weight. Any professional center can give you right guidance & support. A lot depend on us. I would not deny, prettislim for its due credit. They have a good team of professionals like doctors, dieticians, psychologists etc, to provide right support and to guide. Machine treatment are also under physiotherapists. they guide you, but you are also expected to follow some dietary changes, eat multivitamins regularly, be active physically.

If you think, that you pay money at any place and you will become slim, then it is a false belief. I got success, by keeping my motivation high. I kept a goal for myself and did not stopped before it. Believe me, if you decide to become slim, no body can stop you. Be positive & get slim. and also do not forget, to maintain, what you have lost.
A May 23, 2012 by
aparna.vichare3@gmail.com

i completely agree about the fact that Preeti Slim are fooling and also cheating clients BIG TIME. Firstly the dietitians are all incompetent. From the time i have joined i must have had 4 dietitians and all of them seemed to taking non sense.

Aparna Vichare