Southern Railways - Suggestion

K S Varadhan
I write with reference to Train No. 6203 Tirupathy Express. It has a First Class compartment and as soon as the train reaches Perambur all types of passengers rush in pushing away bona fide passengers. On the last ten I occasions I never saw a TTE visiting the compartment. I propose to Railways to replace this with an AC Chair Car regulated by a TTE.. This will improve passenger convenience and prevent loss of revenue to Railways.

Comments

N Aug 17, 2013 by
ravindrasreerama

Best Review
I have booked a journey ticket for Mumbai in Cape Mumbai from Katpadi to Mumbai. i have got confirmed in current booking status but i haven't got berth number, coach number and seat number.
details of journey:
date of journey : 19-8-2013
train number : 16382
pnr no: 4600435519

I here conclude that please solve my problem very urgently as there is only 1 day gap for the journey date
i request you to help me in getting my ticket confirmed
S.Ravindra Chetty

Sub: Again problem with the Guindy Rly. Stn. booking Clark.What is wrong with them?

I am sorry to bring to your notice that once again I have been refused to be given train ticket from Guindy to SSPN (Sai P Nilayam) by the booking Clerk (on 25-03-08, Counter No:2, at 05-30 Hrs.) at Guindy Railway Station. On the same day I came to Chennai Central Station and purchased the advance ticket to travel on 26-03-08 from Chennai Central to SSPN. Then, I met Mr. Krishna Kumar at your office and informed the same. He also talked to the Guindy Station authorities and found it is not possible.
Next day (26-03-08) I went to Guindy Station and purchased a ticket from Guindy to Park Stn. This time the same Clerk was not there, a young lady was on duty. Also, I requested her, whether it is possible to get ticket from
Guindy to SSPN. First she told it is not possible. Then I informed her that I am going to make a complaint, please make sure it is not possible and I told the station code SSPN. Then she tried and found it is possible and the fare she told that Rs.104/- (Express ticket from Guindy to SSPN).
I came to the Guindy Station Master and explained what yesterday the duty gentleman told and what this young lady was telling to-day. I made a complaint (No:301232, dt.26-03-08) and I am bringing to you kind notice to take severe action against the booking Clerk who was on duty at Counter No:2 Guindy Railway Station on 25-03-08 at 05-30Hrs.
I also request you to kindly acknowledge this mail immediately. So that I am confident that you received this mail and I need not send many reminders to you.

Yours sincerely,

K. Athmanathan
My e-mail:kathmanathan@yahoo.co.in

Hi there,
Yesterday night(25/05/08), I started from Madurai by Nagercoil-chennai Express Special(Tr No. 0606). This train is supposed to come to Madurai at 5:55 PM but came only at 9:15 PM. The station authorities didn't announce anything regarding this. There was some engine failure near Tirunelveli and the train was expected to come to madurai at 7:50 was the announcement at 6:45. Till then there wasn't any information about the train. People were sitting in doubt whether the train is there tonight. Suddenly another anouncement stating train will come only at 8:55. At 8:30 Mysore express which was supposed to come sometime by 7:30 came. From an Informal enquiry in the Railway office, I came to know that the train will come at 7:45 PM even before all the announcements were made. By the time i enquired, the train has left the incident spot with an alternate engine. OK.. This train was held because Mysore express came late.- this is the first bad dicision from the deparment. Next though it came behind, this train started after Pandian Express which started late by 15-20 mins. 0606 toltally started late by 3.5 hrs. Then at Dindugal they stopped for 30 mins to let Nellai express lead 0606. Then at Trichi another 30 mins for Kanyakumari express. And morning at 6:30 it reached Villupuram. It is supposed to reach Chennai at 4:15 AM... Time is the only reason why many people opted this train. But all in vain. Again 50 mins in Villupuram to let another train lead us. Ok.. Then it stated at 7 and reached Chengalpattu at 9:30. We all expected reach egmore by 10:30 coz chengalpattu-egmore is 1 hour run... Even though there was no train ahead of us, it took a 1 hour for the damn train to reach Tambaram at 10:25... At this time, the train was running as slow that an old lady can overtake even by walking... Doesn't this look shear stupidity for the controllers who are there in the office. Finally it reached Egomre at 11:05 - 11:10. Even if this train had run behind nellai expres it would have reached by 7:00. This is not going to affect a lot of time as already all trains reach destination 10-15 min late which is affordable.

This kind of carelessness is because the Railway Board doesn;t care about the special trains comming late. They care only the regular trains... Also for the Railway officials, you are not the only persons working on time... There are 1000's in the train that have a million commitment and every damn thing is to be done on time... So do take care that Special trains also reach in time.. Time for repairs and engine replacemnet in case of failures is OK... But not standing idle on a Railway station to wait for a already late coming train to overtake this one... You can let this go and let them follow... Doesn't hurt much I know... Coz I have been closely related to the Railways for the past 20 years...

Take this serious.. Whoever it be... Dont consider the train is running late... Consider there are people in the trains and they are going late... Will you senior manager let you come late... Trains travelling for 2-3 days this can happen. But a train running for 10 hrs is late by 7 hrs... Shear stupidity...

ref: to Mr athmanathan grievance.
A lot of Govt.servants in Madras who are in such important service like the booking clerk in guindy counter behave in this Arrogant manner! It has been an inherent quality of many govt servants throughout various govt bodies in Madras to behave indifferently and Arrogantly to people who 'appear educated'. That too with a party like DMK ruling here which meticulosly encourages such a cheap and disgusting behaviour among govt. workers... the scene is pathetic in Madras. Throughout my life i have travelled all over india but have nowhere seen such baselessly Arrogant behaviour towads public by govt. servants as in Madras! Respect and empathy are words unheared of for those people here !!
It is high time such a behaviour is mercilessly punished!

Suggestion

I am a regular passenger of Trichy – Ernakulam Express and Ernakulam - Trichy Express (train numbers 6865 and 6866 respectively). Train No. 6865 start from Trichy at 7.50 P.M. and train No. 6866 start from Ernakulam at 10.15 P.M. and reach Trichy at 8 A.M..

In this regard I may bring my grievance to your kind notice and necessary action. It will be very much helpful if the timing of Ernakulam – Trichy express is changed, so that it reach Trichy at 6.A.M. Most of the passengers coming by Train No. 6866 from Kerala are either employees or students. We find it hard to reach our office in time, because Government office timing is from 9.A.M. to 5.30.P.M. Many of us are working or studying in Karaikudi, Tajavoor etc which require another one to three hours journey. I also wish to remind you that Trichy-Karaikudi railway line is converted to broadguage. I request you to kindly extend the train upto Karaikudi.

Aleyamma

With a heavy heart, I bring to your notice the sad state of out TTEs. I travelled from madurai to chennai on 15.06.08 in the Pandian Express(2638). I was in S12. There were about 25 members who were in the compartment who should have been in the unreserved compartment. The TTE by name Mr. Roy Varghese was so unmindful about it and when we asked him, it transpired that it has been the custom of the TTEs to allow passengers to enter the reserved areas and occupy some place. It was not just on that day, but everyday, this problem prevails.it was truly a very sad sight that even the police personels did not care for that. I request that you may atleast preserve the reputation of Indian Railways. The same letter is also sent to other higher officials. Requesting for due action.

from,
tel: 080 23454774
To,
divisional Manager
southern railways
sub: complaint against final chart
sir/madam
i booked return ticket for 10th june 2008 thiruvalla to bangalore in train no 6525 island exp., on 2nd june 2008 from yeswanyhapur bangalore. I was waiting list 74, ticket no.27152919, on 9th june, i checked the status is waiting list 16. On 10th june also waiting list was same .So i cancelled the tiket no.10877306 ; and i came to bangalore by bus kerala rtc, the same fare rs-298/-. I suspecting about the final chart of this train .Because onward jurney to ernakulam, booked on 02nd june for 06 june 2008; waiting list 98 is confirmed. kindly concider me take necessary action and do early as soon as possible
thanking you,
yours truly,
josephjohn.

Suggetion : Changing of train timing
Train no:6866(Ernakulam-Trichy Exp.)

I am a regular passenger of Trichy – Ernakulam Express and Ernakulam - Trichy Express (train numbers 6865 and 6866 respectively). Train No. 6865 start from Trichy at 8.20 P.M. and train No. 6866 start from Ernakulam at 10.15 P.M. and reach Trichy at 8 A.M.

In this regard I may bring my grievance to your kind notice and necessary action. It will be very much helpful if the timing of Ernakulam – Trichy express is advanced by two hours, so that it will reach at Trichy by 6.A.M.

Most of the passengers coming by Train No. 6866 from Kerala are either Central Govt.employees(working in Passport Office, Marine Products Export development Authority, Central Electrochemical Research Institute{CSIR}), bank employees or students studying in NIT, and other engineering colleges, Medical college, Bharathidasn University etc. Majority of the lady passengers are employees and students. We find it hard to reach our office/college in time, because Central Government office timing is from 9.A.M. to 5.30.P.M. Many of us are working or studying in Pudukkotai, Karaikudi, Tanjore etc which needs another one to three hours journey.

Trichy-Karaikudi railway line is converted to broadguage now. Karaikudi is on the way in the Rameswaram railway route. As there are lot of educational Institutions like Alagappa University, Alagappa Engineering College, Alagappa Physical education college, Alagappa Polytechnic, and Central Electrochemical Research Institute(CSIR) are situated in Karaikudi, the early HQ of Sivaganga Dist.

In this regard I request you to kindly extend the train(6866 & 6865) upto Karaikudi by advancing from Ernakulam around 8.P.M.
Authorities may consider this matter seriously and do the needful

Sr.Technical Officer
CECRI
Karaikudi

Changing of train timing

I am native of Palghat, Kerala and working in a Central Govt. Research Institute in Karaikudi.

I am regular passenger of Trichy – Ernakulam Express and Ernakulam - Trichy Express (train numbers 6865 and 6866 respectively)

Myself and many of my collegues, including ladies who come from Kerala, find it difficult to reach Office in time.

Now Rameswaram - Trichy railway route is converted to broadguage.

In this regard I request you to kindly extend the train upto Karaikudi or upto Rameswaram. The timing of departure of the train from Ernakulam (Train No :6866) may be changed to around 8.P.M. so that it reaches early at destination.

I also wish to mention that there is no train service from Kerala to Rameswaram, where a huge number of pilgrims from Kerala visit Rameswaram and Earwadi.

Authorities may consider this matter seriously and do the needful at the earliest so that many of us will be benefited.

Chandramohan
SEN

Changing of train timing

I am native of Ernakulam, Kerala and working in a Central Govt. Research Institute in Karaikudi.

Sen

Kurumban

Changing of train timing

I am native of Trichur, Kerala and working in a Central Govt. Research Institute in Karaikudi.

Vijayan
leosam

This complaint is to bring the attention towards the activities of Southern Railways Police department. It happened in St. Thomas Mount Railway Station. There is a pathway from the Stairs to the Medavakkam Main Road where the road side shops are places and the cover all the places and there is only a small space left for the passengers to walk and it creates lots of problem for those who come by vehicles to drop/pickup. This is a against law and the police offices who are supposed to get this shops away get money from them and let them have their shops on the way. and the auto stand place on the entrance to the railway station is a big hell. This is a kind request to take necessary actions and make the passengers comfortable.
Balaji

Mr . Immanuel,

Complaint regarding the entry of open ticket passengers into reserved compartments is of no use. Since there does not exist any Railway board. I am fed up all the complaints made in person to the concerned authorities. Even the transgenders barge into the A/C coaches and humilite passengers who do not give money. Th officials havent taken any action against it. The government staffs have always been like this and it is welll known particularly rrailway staffs are very laid back... The expect all the concessions and allownaces and facilities claiming them to be government staffs but they do not do justice to thier job and the salary they get.neither we are provided with the justice to the money we pay for the reservation and ticket...
vijeesh

This is to compliant About the Station Master in Central Railway st. Yesterday(05th-Nov-2008) evening at 21:45 hrs As per the Train schedule Normaly Gumudipundi train starts by 21:45 train one train was waiting in the Central Station and another train came 21:50hrs to Station. The train which came late go to Gumudipundi route and another Train which was there already will go to AVADI. But Avadi Train timings is 21:50. That Started without Gumudipundi Trains Starts When i enquired abt this to Station Master They All saying that it wil go like that only. You Dont Have any rights to Ask Question to me. They are giving Such Irresponsible Answer to the Passenger and For Gumudipundi Route it will Happen Like this only If you want to Compliant go and Compliant anywhere. I need and Email ID or Any Corret Place Where I have to Compliant abt this to take a necessary Action aganist those Two Station Masters.

train 4 hours late - Student

i have booked the ticket from delhi to jayanagar on 24/11/08 in saryamuna exp(trn no. 4650) and train is too late i just want my refund back and i did not travel with the train.My PNR NO. is 2254598235 and TRANS ID. is 000078343299 and my coach/seat is S5/0041.
ragu

This is a suggestion regarding festive traportation menance. At first IRCTC online reservation requires genuine id for booking tickets in online. this practice avoids bulk middle agents booking and gives more consumer oriented services. But presently just giving name for booking, tends more chaos in online reservation. I booked before 89 days. still mine is waiting list 178. All these 3 months waiting period is wasted.

Also festival like pongal, devaali not just special trains is enough. Can maximize the seat capacitiy is by including 2 to 3 boggies for 2 class and 1 for open in existing trains.

Mysore - tuticorin Express is the only train link between the south TN. Please include 2 to 3 boggies on the regular schedule to accomodate more passengers on pongal holiday(13 and 14 of jan'09).

Rgds,