Vodafone - BEING CHARGED FOR SOMETHING I HAVE NOT ASKED FOR

gurpalsinghsyali on Mar 7, 2012
I had lost my phone and after it has got reactivated I have been getting a message from 556770 everyday with the following content:

"Jeeto Dream Car- U R charged Rs2 today.U cud win Fluidic Verna. Tp Play daily,Call/SMS PLAY to 556770Free.To unsubscribe, Call 556770. TnC- www.vodafone.in"

I called on the given number and followed the instructions to unsubscribe. The recorded voice at the other end informed me that I have been unsubscribed, but after a day's gap these messages have been coming again everyday.

Am I being charged Rs 2 as the message conveys? If yes, is this not illegal on the part of Vodafone?
And why should the onus be on me to unsubscribe when I never asked for this in the first place?

If I am being charged, I would like to take some legal action... please advise. And what can we do to stop them from sending you these kind of stupid offers? I dont want them.

Comments

N Mar 7, 2012 by
Vel India

Hello Gurpalsinghsyali,

Could you please share your number with us here http://bit.ly/zhVj0C ? We'll get back to you at the earliest to address your concern.

Vodafone Customer Care
A Mar 20, 2012 by
anandap

i also get same problem and i have complained Vodafone too
A Mar 23, 2012 by
Anandbabu94

same problem they are torturing us every day, minimum I receive 20 to 30 SMS from the same number. Its very harrasing. I am going to sue this fellows in court.
gautam.bhowmik.

Nothing understandable in your 556770 phone. Please unsubscribe immediately Jeeto Dream Car . My phone no-9830265802
gautam.bhowmik.

Please unsubscribe immediately "Jeeto Dream Car" competition.Nothing understandable in your phone 556770.
padu khialani

i am playing from since 18 march 2012 my no -9836782935 & how many days more to play what is the faith when i will come to know & what are the prizes

Vodafone - BEING CHARGED FOR SOMETHING I HAVE NOT ASKED FOR