Yamaha Motors India - Bad Customer care in Paras Yamaha,Chennai

Manu Unni V G
I am a solid lover of my Yamaha bike and value my bike very much. I have ridden my bike 3 times from Chennai to Trivandrum without even a single hiccup and high efficiency. But every time I give my bike for service to Paras Yamaha service, something or the other happens.

All the 4 times, The bike is delivered late. A matter of hours is ok. But days?? Moreover after service the bike shows serious problems in front fork if I have changed fork oil. The worst part is the customer handling. The fellow dealing with customers in the past had a strategy of shouting and then running inside the workshop to avoid complaining customers.

Their sole approach is that - "We are gods, due to our brand names. You are a worm. Take it or leave it. We really don't care". I have started to loose my trust in Yamaha service which was created in me by Muthoot yamaha, Trivandrum and Hilton yamaha, Trivandrum. Man, their service is excellent. They call you to inform the exact problem if any and even apologizes for delays due to rush or problems in bike. I even had an experience of quicker delivery because of my request due to an emergency.

Hope something happens on this.

Comments

Hope something happens on this.

i'm a owner of fz16 and it has started giving me problems.. The battery of the bike becomes dead even if the bike remains standing for an hour as a result it does not take self start. The bike does not have kick start option so I've to start it manually moreover when i complained in the service center they did not took the complaint seriously, now ive to rush to service center every day with no positive results today it has been the 5th day since the problem occurred.. plz help me out

i want that some strict action takes place.
Mani

I 100% true.I do agree this cos those MF's has spoiled my bike,

sir/mam,
i manav fuller purchase gladiator dlx on 05-06-2006.
engine no.-5yy8003739.
chassis no.-06e5yy8003739.
Vachel no.-up-81-t-8434.
(a)i have purchase a extended warranty of 36 months/40000kms.
(b)its price-777.00rs Booklet no.-005806.
(c)i buy bike purchase from h c auto sales banna devi g t road aligarh.
(d)now the agency has been closed.
so now days i am living in delhi and there is some problem in the engine with volves, but the dealer here in new delhi they are saying the extended warenty can only be proivded by the dealer from where you buy the bike, if the things will go in same way than i have to take some legal action against yamaha and go in consumer forum. So please help me out from this mater . And if possible contact me on my mobile number given below.

Manav Fuller

Dear Sir

I Nishant singh is a owner of Yamaha R15 and I am quite satisfied with performance of the bike and i have also done lot of long journeys on it and now my bike has done 14000kms, Now i am finding some odd sound from the engine and today when I went to the service center here in Varanasi aggarwal automobiles Varanasi(service dealers code 919, contact no 0542-2220581, 2221442) where they didn't checked the vehicle even and said that when so ever engineer will visit it will be checked and when I asked them that should i ride the bike like this only then he said thats up to your wish, I have been owning Yamaha for last 8 years I have diffrent good bikes from you all like Rd350, rx 100, Rxz and R15,
This not the first time that they have been Behaving like this, they never take any care the bikes in any way we now have 3 R15 in our family and we all are realy suffering after bying this bike due to service back up you all have, My bike detail is Registration no UP65AN3136, owners name Abhay Singh.

Please I rely beg you all to help me in any way you can.

Nishant Singh
contact no - 9454211, 9235312777

hi
I have a yamaha r15 and last some days back i also posted a complaint regarding the odd engine sound and rear suspension and I even got a call from you all and that was realy nice and then i got my bike checked at the service station in varanasi where i bought the vehicle too thats agarwal automobiles varanasi ( code 919) where mr shukla got the bike opened up from the clutch side and saw the clear play in the clutch bell and he also checked the rear suspension and said its also gone, so i asked him to replace the worn out parts then he replied that he cant do it as the engineer is not present today and when so ever he will come then only the bike will be repaired this happened a month ago and till today i am waiting for the engineer,
Please i request you all to contact me as soon as possible my contact detail is mobile no, 9235312777, 9454211995. and my bike detail is model R15, registration no UP65AN3136,

thanking you

nishant singh

i was bought fz16 at raj Yamaha in adayar, Chennai
they delivered at 11.01.2010 from that day i ride my bike i found problems seat not locking, bike didn't reach top speed 109 only mileage its giving40 but worst pick up first service they didn't cure that problem second service after 20 days i was gave them still they didn't rectify service center at Duraipakkam near DB Jain coll OMR still 'm having problem very rubbish
vetraja

this is rajamanickam v from tamil nadu 3 weeks ago i bought your yamaha g5 es from erode main dealer supreme motors . at time of delivery the battery in the bike was very weak and the dealer temporarily arranged another one and put the newer one for recharge . and still that new battery after recharge it is very very bad in condition not working properly . this is not the first time i am encountering this proplem this is the same with my earlier g5 i hsd during 2006 this time i very much disappointed is this yamaha?now iam advicing my friends not to go g5. as a yamaha lover i am feeeling very bad
dr v rajamanickam veterinary surgeon my unique number is 4911202A10D05

This is how motorcycle service should be. I drop off my bike, they fix it. Normally a one day turn around. They are nice, and take a few minutes to chat about your bike, or motorcycling in general. Most importantly, they fix your bike right, the first time. I've purchased both new bikes here, and have been happy with the deal & the service after the sale. Also a good place to come by and view the latest models at Raj Yamaha.
ame_srik Yamaha Motors India  - Rohini, North Delhi, Delhi, India

Complaint regarding the extended service - yamaha (gladiator-bike)

Hello sir/Madam,

I had bought Yamaha Gladiator DLX on 31-jan-2007 from JINDER YAMAHA (Saraswati vihar,pitam pura,Delhi). During the purchase i was offered a scheme from YAMAHA which named as protection plus and ensured a extended service to my bike on payment of a fee. I took that scheme keeping in mind that i would keep my bike fit for road. From then i had serviced my bike regularly as said in the service book and now when i have reached the extended warranty period the workshop manager is denying the profits of the scheme which says that i would get a free service on 2 paid services. I had spoken to the manager of JINDER YAMAHA where he is absolutely clueless and transfered my call to sales manager where he too was unaware of the scheme.
As i am really very shocked that such a big and a reputed company like this is making fool of customers. Just to increase sales and attracting the customers and making is just not fair.

kindly help me.

regards
T SRIKANTA RAO

Hi, I too agree on this. On 23rd of july i bought one yamaha YBR from thier showroom. The person who takes care of showroom asked for 47, 500 and i have given in full cash. He said exshowroom price is Rs.40, 950, Insurance is Rs. 1152, Life tax is Rs.4850+ Accessories worth Rs.400 . all together comes around Rs.47, 500, when i went to take delivery of my bike the tank cover is wrinkled and it is not fitted properly, immediatly and removed the tank cover and given to the showroom boy, due to urgent i took the bike and went away. after couple of days i called them for the papers they said it will take some time. In the mean while i found there are lot of difference in the price. The insurance premium they paid only 972.00 for which they collect Rs.1152, then life tax is 3, 280 for which they charged me Rs. 4850 and the accessories is not at all worth and i heard some accessories that inclusive of price. when i asked about all these there is no response from the showroom person. Then i called yamaha direct person. He just shouted those persons. thats all he did. in the mean while my R.C papers came from the R.T.O office. I went to the showroom to collect the same, after collection of my papers i calculate the hole amount in front of the showroom person. He said some bla bla blas and i am not satisfied with his reply and asked him to show the correct calculation, but he can't. I got angried and shout in the same showroom. i said i will go to consumer court if you fails to produce the accounts properly. this had happened on 07.09.2010 ( tuesday) evening. no one turned up when i am shouting at office. very very very pooooooor poor poor service at paras yamaha mount road branch.
Only one guy attent properly.His name is uday. I must thank him for his service
Robo

@Yamaha YBR at Mount Road- Can u tell me how th vehicle performance and pick-up, I heard the bike doesnt ignite self in the morning, can u please provide your Experience on driving

thanks

Dear SIr,

I would like to register a complaint on the yamaha service center placed at T Nagar affliated to Jains Motors.

I bought a New Yamaha R15 (Black) on 06-10-2010 and met with an accident on 08-10-2010. I provided my bike in the service center on 09-10-2010 for amending the damaged parts.
I was advised on the process and they said that it will take some 10 days to get the bike ready.

I submitted the file for insurance and they came to visit the bike the next week which is on 19-10-2010. Till now my bike is not ready and still they have not even touched my bike.

Complaint:

They do not treat me well when i query on the status and give me some reasons and postpone the delivery of the bike.
Its been a month since i provided my bike to them but till date they have not touched my bike.
They always say that the insurance guys are yet to come and telling some reasons.

Can you please take action on the service manager and help me to get my bike again. I am totally dejected due to my bike accident and these things make it more worse.
Expecting your actions on the above. Please feel free to contact me on 9789095350.
gowthfrank Yamaha Motors India  - Tamil Nadu, India

worst service. - yamaha/fazer

i am having yamaha FAZER , i took from JAIN MOTORS in t.nagar chennai. but the service is most worst and no response about customer, and bad approach to the customer! JAIN MOTORS WORST SERVICE>>>

Worst Customer service ever by Yamaha - YAMAHA Motor

Hi ....

Mr. Sanjay, Aggrawal & whom so ever it may concern.

My Name is Dencil from Chennai.
I walked into the Paras Yamaha showroom at Chennai in the mid of July to check out the Yamaha's new launch Fazer, i liked the bike and i enq about the delivery details the person in the showroom told me that i'll get the bike in 10 days max 15 days i confirmed and booked the bike on 25/07/2009 by paying Rs2000/-, I called the showroom to confirm the date of delivery they told me to make some more payment so that they can deliver the bike soon.

On 31st of July i walked into the branch and payed Rs23,000 /- they told me that they will deliver the bike in a weeks time.
After a week i called and they told that it may get delayed one more week, i walked to branch to enquire about the same and met
Mr. Vishwanathan sales head of the Paras yamaha, he told Black colour is on demand & it'll take one more week, i asked them why did they gave a wrong commitment? He apologized for that. By the mean time i had sold my bike which i was using believing the words of the executives in Yamaha Showroom in Paras Chennai, now i dont have a bike for my daily works. Again they gave a commitment of 1 week.

After one week i walked into the branch they were like asking me to take FZ 16 or Fz-s as they did'nt had the fazer ....
If i want to take FZ 16 or FZ-s i would have booked that! Then why should i opt for Fazer ? Then why should Yamaha launch it ?
I told Mr. Vishwanathan that i need the bike asap, he told that this time they'll not fail by giving wrong commitment. Nothing can be done from my part other than believing him as i need the bike asap.

As usual the bike was not delivered i walked into the branch on saturday 22nd Aug Viswanathan was not there.
I spoke to Mr.Anil he introduced himself as a manager of some dept. I told him what ever happened he asked my name and checked in his laptop, the booking date which was mentioned in the system was 31st July. I was shocked hearing that i told him that on 31st i paid 23k and before that i have paid 2k and booked the bike on 25th. He said it shows on 31st , & had a word with one of the showroom staff. He apologized for the wrong commitment given by the staffs and for the date which they have goofed up!

He asked me to call on monday 24Aug 2009 by 4 "o" clock, i called him & the response i got is again 8 days from coming wednesday......
I don't want u guys to repeat this again and again its been more than a month they had collected the cash from me and not delivered the bike.
Why do they give wrong commitments ?
Why did they told that by making more money as booking bike will be delivered soon ?
I'am not opting for any finance i'll making full payment is there any probs in that for Yamaha ?
Booking amount may vary from 2000 to max what ever the customer can afford in that case why do they asked me to make more money for booking?
If i had that 23 k which i have paid 2nd time i would have used it for my dads bussiness and made some money out of it , but its lying in the yamaha'a cash box !!!
I dont have a bike now and suffering a lot to travel to go to office.

whether Yamaha will look into this issue ?

When will i get my Fazer Black colour?

By

Very disappointed Yamaha lover
Dencil Devassy
+919994093833

Poor Service Backup - YAMAHA Motor

Hi am from Chennai. This is regarding Yamaha's Poor Service back up.
I had left my Yamaha Gladiator for 2nd free service mentioning the main problem as Self Starter not working on 14th OCt 2009 at Bikers Yamaha - Nanganallur , Chennai. Dealer promised the delivery on the same day.

However when i called in the evening the dealer said that the bike is ready after service and self starter is not ready as the relay is out of stock and can be fixed in 2-3 days.

I refused to take delivery of the vehicle and said to make it ready and will take it once the bike is completely serviced. Till today i keep on calling service dept for the status and no service mechanics doesnt know the status and they say that they will call me and inform me the status.

Even after speaking to the owner of the showroom who promised me that he will arrange the spare and get it done. Till today my vehicle is with the dealer and not yet ready.

Am much worried about the status.

Unsatisfactory Service - YAMAHA Motor

I own a Yamaha FZ bike and am having lot of problems with the servicing. Let me update you with the problems.

Firstly I would like to draw your attention to the fact that there is only one service centre catering to a big city such as Gurgaon, namely:

Dealership Name : Pick - Up Wheels Pvt Ltd
Dealership Address : M-51, Old DLF, Sec-14, Gurgaon
Contact Details : 9873822000, 0124-4228100

That said, even this service centre is small, not upto mark and unable to cater to large demand. Everytime the bike has a problem I have to wait atleast 3 hours to get it fixed. This is not done considering the brand image and the user experience that Yamaha as a company claims to offer.

Now in the dealership contact details if you try to reach the mobile phone then you would see that it is switched off all the time and the reasons offered by the dealer is that it was on low battery. This is a very illogical reason to be given when the phone is switched off all the time.
They do not even have a washing facility in the garage and take the bike to another place for that which creates more hassles for everybody. The state of garage is shoddy and resembles ones that are setup beside the road to treat a bike. Service is not proper and they do everything in a hurry. One has to be consistently there to tell them to service the bike properly. To top it up they do not allow you to stand there while bike is being serviced, citing lack of area in garage. Tell me one thing, If my bike is being serviced would I not see it in person to see that the job is being done properly.

Now take a case in point. The handle bar of my bike got tilted in an accident. I went to the garage on Monday(16 Aug) evening to get it fixed at 430 pm. They refused to fix the problem saying there was not enough time as more services were in line first. They told me to come today and when I did so they informed me that they had run out of spare handle bars and that the next batch would arrive only next week.

Please take notice of this serious issue and give me the number of the Manager (Yamaha NCR region) so that I can point it out to him directly because the way things are going right now it seems that this company works like a Govt. office and not a premier company which it boasts of.

Vikram
N Jan 1, 2011 by
yasirrk

hello, my name is yasir from bhatkal m your old customer.. this is my 4th bike from yamaha company..right now m having R15.. my battery is giving trouble.. i charged it thrice bt still same condition.. to start my bike i hav to push it.. jus to solve my prob i went to mangalore they told it will take more than 20 days.. whats the use of taking so costly bike when u cant keep products m highly dissatisfied with u.. i called to main dealer even they r not giving proper response... m not satisfied with 2nd service too.. my bike has lots of problem hope u will solve..
A Jan 19, 2011 by
balakrishnan09

My Bike SZX 3moths
Speedometer cable damege in show room not avialable in cable.u will slove immediately.
A Feb 18, 2011 by
senthie

I am P.Senthil Kumar . I had bought a yamaha bike from Alagendra Tractor Agencies, Madurai. FZS, Vehicle No TN.58 U 9400 At 9/2009 . After doing my regular service at Alagendra Tractor Agencies (Authorized yamaha dealer), In my 6 service i reported them that a strange noise is coming from my bike engine.But they did not resoponse for it and they told that the noise is coming from valve. Because of these reasons and the delers' assultness and irrespective nature, Now the engine has been spoiled.

Now i asked him to rectify the problem. The dealer told that he is not responsible for the problem and he told he cannot do anything and no proper response from the dealer. He is not ready to hear anything from myside. He also told that it is manufacturing defect and he is asking me to report the higher authorities (Yamaha Motors).

As per sales agreement i have two years or upto 50, 000 km warranty for the bike. One year has been completed and i have 10000+ running km. So i need the engine problem to rectified by the dealer or i need a new bike as a replacement.Could you look into the matter and do the needful. If no further response is coming from you, i may need to take action by leagl methods. Hope you understand my problem . Waiting for your reply.

Yamaha Motors India - Bad Customer care in Paras Yamaha,Chennai