ICICI Bank - POSDEC CHG

Ravi Sabbavarapu on Sep 26, 2013
My name is RaviSabbavarapu and I'm holding a salary in ICICI bank for the past 2 years. I just saw today when I checked my account online, that twice I have been charged POSDEC CHG of Rs. 28.09 each on September 16th 2013 and the description says:

2 16/09/2013 POSDEC CHG/23-08-13/9248/25ST3 DR INR 28.09
3 16/09/2013 POSDEC CHG/23-08-13/9248/25ST3 DR INR 28.09

[Sep 26, 2013] ICICI Bank customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Comments

N Jun 20, 2013 by
bidyutgogoi ICICI Bank  - India

Best Review
"POSDEC CHG" refers to Point of Sale (POS) Decline Charges. This happens when there is no sufficient balance in your account but you use your ATM/Debit card for payment at a store. Yes, there is a fine for swiping your card if sufficient balance is not there compared to the amount you are trying to pay for using your card. The charge is around Rs. 28/- (June 2013). The problem is that, the executives at the store try to swipe repeatedly if a transaction is declined and hence you will be charged the number of times it was swiped.

Refund: If you call the Customer Care on this, they will be able to refund only for 'ONE' transaction. So better be careful and keep track of your account balances to avoid these charges.
N Jun 19, 2012 by
Sachin Awana ICICI Bank  - India

Rs 28 was deducted twice from icici bank account, it was written POSDEC CHG, I don't what it is. ICICI bank deducting my money unfairly. I need explanations for this.
N Jun 23, 2012 by
saurav1987sonu ICICI Bank  - India

Rs 28 was deducted twice from ICICI bank account, it was written POSDEC CHG. I don't know what it is about . ICICI bank deducting my money unfairly. I need explanations for this.

I had called customer care 3 times and there customer care machines were facing technical difficulties and these calls cost me around 50 bucks .

IVR system of ICICI is worse.
N Jun 25, 2012 by
ICICI Bank Customer Care Customer Care ICICI Bank  - India

We are sorry to here about your experience. Please send us your contact details at care@icicibank.com and our official will get back to you soon. Kindly refer '3147746' in the subject line.

A Jun 25, 2012 by
saurav1987sonu ICICI Bank  - India

I had forwarded the mail to above said email . Waiting for positive reply .
N Aug 12, 2012 by
roja rani ICICI Bank  - India

27-July-2012 Five times POSDEC CHG/27-07-12/2236/25ST3 has been deducted from my account.
I was not at all aware of this and was not aware what is this.They didn't even mention what type of transaction is that.
N Sep 13, 2012 by
himanshugupta52 ICICI Bank  - India

Rs 28.09 was deducted thrice from icici bank account, it was written POSDEC CHG, I don't what it is. ICICI bank deducting my money unfairly. I need explanations for this.
N Sep 17, 2012 by
ICICI Bank Customer Care Customer Care ICICI Bank  - India

Please send us your contact details at care@icicibank.com and our official will get back to you soon to assist you. Kindly refer '3449506' in the subject line.

D Oct 13, 2012 by
nagaraju ch ICICI Bank  - India

On 12/10/2012 POSDEC CHG/07-09-12/1131/25ST3 of Rs- 28.09 has been deducted three times why and customer care people telling that minimum balance one reason second one i try to withdraw more amount through card swiping and there is no balance in my account but unfortunately at that time am having balance in my account.as on 13/10/12 my account was nill due to that another deduction of 28.09 is pending kindly help me how can i get back the amount.
N Dec 24, 2012 by
Mowli ICICI Bank  - India

Rs 28.09 deducted as POSDEC CHG from my debit card saving account. I want to know what is this and why is this deduction as I searched on icicibank.com there is no such term.
N Dec 27, 2012 by
ICICI Bank Customer Care Customer Care ICICI Bank  - India

Please send us your contact details at care@icicibank.com and our official will get back to you to assist you. Kindly refer '3845648' in the subject line.

D Dec 28, 2012 by
krishi_kartik ICICI Bank  - India

Rs. 28.09 was deducted twice from my ICICI bank account, it was written POSDEC CHG. I don't know what it is about and why have been an uninformed deduction made from my account.
N Dec 30, 2012 by
Visalakshi Visa ICICI Bank  - India

Amount of 28.09 was deducted from my ICICI Bank account stating POSDEC CHG. what's that and i need explanation for this and my money back
N Jan 2, 2013 by

Hi Visalakshi,

Please send us your contact details at care@icicibank.com and our official will get back to you soon to assist you. Kindly refer '3854932' in the subject line.

N Jan 22, 2013 by
Kafia Nadeem ICICI Bank  - India

rs 28.09 deducted twice from my icici bank account without informed me..the code was posdec chg..pls tell me what is this
N Feb 22, 2013 by
akshaysharma.pec ICICI Bank  - India

I too have got deduction under POSDEC CHG of Rs 28.09
Please tell the details of such kind of dudctions.
N Apr 16, 2013 by
kathirsrs ICICI Bank  - India

Rs 28.09 was deducted thrice from ICICI bank account, it was written POSDEC CHG. I don't know what it is about . ICICI bank deducting my money unfairly. I need explanations for this.

I had called customer care 5 times and there customer care machines were facing technical difficulties and these calls cost me around 25 INR .

IVR system of ICICI is worse.
N Apr 16, 2013 by
kathirsrs ICICI Bank  - India

I have sent the mail to care@icicibank.com also and waiting for the positive responce.

N May 17, 2013 by
Anoop Bangalore ICICI Bank  - India

ICICI Bank deducting from account amount without any reason. I lost my amount many times. 2 times they deducted the same amount twice. This time it is showing as POSDEC chjarge. I'm fed up.
I need a permanent solution to this.

Details: POSDEC CHG/19-04-13/3161/25ST3 28.09
N May 23, 2013 by
Shashank Kulshrestha ICICI Bank  - India

Branch Id : 1190 Account Id : 119001500279
Hello Sir/Mem,
My Name is Shashank Kulshrestha.I am from Bhopal (M.P.), In my account no. 119001500279, Rs 28.09 was deducted 17 time from icici bank account, it was written POSDEC CHG, I don't what it is. this amount deduct from 22/05/2013. ICICI bank deducting my money unfairly. I need explanations for this and Please refund my all amount which is deduct by you.
My Mobile Number is +91-9893791654