Cleartrip — Account debited without issuance of ticket

Mumbai, Mumbai City District, Maharashtra, India
 gaurityagi
I have been a victim of Cleartrip's fraud website that sources its income illegally by sucking funds out of customers without even issuing them a ticket.
On 15th Dec,2010, I had attempted to book a ticket from Mumbai to Delhi for 17th Dec 2010 by Go Air flying at 9:45 AM. After putting in all my card details, A window appeared that said "Oops your payment failed. Dont worry you havent been charged"
However, after checking my bank statement i discovered that I have been charged Rs 5281 for the same. The money has gone to "Cleartrip Travel" (Transaction ID[protected]
I also called your call center, The woman who answered refused to acknowledge that any money had been received by you.
Cleartrip needs to check that they have in fact taken that money and credit the entire sum back to me.

Trip ID (as given by their call center today) [protected]

Comments

I agree with you. It looks like Cleartrip's booking system has major glitches in it. I too have been charged Rs. 32958 due to a failed transaction. The customer service guys on the phone keep convincing me that the refund has been processed and it will reflect in 3 working days. This has been going on for more than 3 weeks now. Yesterday I put my complaint on this website under the subject "Money charged to credit card but neither a ticket nor trip id issued by Cleartrip". If I don't hear from cleartrip within couple of days, then I am considering filing a complaint with CORE Center, website supported by Ministry of Consumer Affairs.

What I would do in your case is, get the payment details from card provider like Master, Visa, etc. These are the guys that handle the payment to cleartrip. If cleartrip got paid from your account, then they will have a record of it. Get the details and take it up with Cleartrip.

Good Luck.

Hitesh

+91 95 9533 3333 (Support)
    DTC Bldg, Sitaram Mills Compound, N.M. Joshi Marg, Delisle Road, Lower Parel (E), Mumbai, Maharashtra, India - 400011
    Cleartrip - Account debited without issuance of ticket