[Resolved] GEM tours & Travels — Fraud
M/s Gem Tours & Travels
KA: Mr. Bhavesh Shah / Deepa
Ref: Fareast Tour
1. Confusion of departure dates – 28th 29th 3rd dec finally 30th nov
2. Jain Meal not organised at flights both ways
3. We were promised that a cook(maharaj) and Tour manager would accompany us on tour – but none of them were available causing us hardship and stress beyond imagination. It was indeed a horrific experience. We assume you have atleast that much vision to anticipate the plight of tourists in such a situation. Worst futher, we were never communicated the same. It came as a very rude shock at the start of our trip in Singapore.
4. Miscommunication of detailed itineraries. Itineries mailed as late as 28/11/2009. We had no time to plan for our trip nor enquire/change anything.
5. There was no pre tour orientation. We were not informed for carrying the basic adapter converter which costed 225 INR per converter (we get the same for 15 rs here). At every hotel we had to Deposit USD100 as deposit per room. We were never informed about this. We were told that the cost was all inclusive. All this basic details should have been very clearly communicated to us.
6. After lots of efforts food was organised but with limited quantity for even starters. Delayed service almost an hour of waiting after ordering. (Heritage – Copthorne Singapore)
7. Heritage Even Denied to fill water as there was no arrangement for water
8. Arrogant & Rude behavior of Copthrone Orchid staff. The checking time for the hotel was 2 pm whereas we reached there at 9 am in the morning. We had to wait for 4 hours in the hotel lobby after a tiring night flight from Mumbai.
9. Singapore guide / escort having no idea of the customised booking that we had made and paid for. They had their own itinery which was different from the ones which we had decided upon. The night safari was hardly any good – in fact your local agent said that the day zoo is far better. We fail to understand why you could not include the same inspite o[censored]s having ample time in Singapore.
10. Vehicles arrangements were too poor. Sight seeing not upto the mark, haults were not well defined, history of monuments not shared, the local guide was so arrogant that we were taken to places forcibly inspite of all o[censored]s unanimously not wanting to go, little india was a drive through, Orchid lane drive thru a diff lane, self arrangements were made for commuting to and fro – not even one way transport was arranged
11. We missed on Mt Faber, Cable cart, Travelling was to be organised for Singapore zoo & Jurong bird park.
12. First day was totally wasted as we were idle for almost the entire day except night safari.
13. Sentosa islands – we were not communicated for closure of cable cart monorail, dolphin show etc.
14. Claimed to show chocolate factory by taking us to a chocolate retail store
15. Travelling from sin to malay was too very badly planned wasting our full day in road transport. Seats were separated for couples – the local agent said Gem tours communicated to them very late so this was the only seats they could get. There is only one bus service in a day. Imagine the plight of travelling for 7 hours separate from your partner on a honeymoon tour.
16. No one to pick up at the KL city depot for over two hours after alighting on mid rd. We even missed our lunch. Packed lunch was given to us at 6 in the evening and that too non jain food.
17. KL restaurant Staff claimed “we cannot do much i[censored] wish to have this is it” items were deducted from meal as they went out of stock when we ordered and the same was served at another table Non veg food frequently brought in on table by mistake
18. No one to guide for check in procedures at first world, Shifted to three star instead of four star. Worst quality of rooms ever seen by anyone in India. It was like a logde with no windows in a room. No airconditioner and absolutely smallest of the rooms where we could not even fit our bags.
19. Almost half the day was lost in searching for the colleague with entry tickets to outdoor park.
20. Agencies denied transferring outdoor park to indoor park tickets which we had to arrange on our own. The driver from genting to KL on 4th night was so bad we got hurt twice on our heads. We asked him to slow down as we were in no hurry but to no avail.
21. Demanded Extra payments for KL Tower MR 30 per person, no arrangements for Petronas entry as assured. Shift of itinery from KL to Genting without information due to which we faced bad weather and missed on outdoor park. IMAGINE GOING TO KL AND NOT VISITING PETRONAS TOWERS. IT IS A TOTAL WASTE.
22. Skipped batu caves, pewter caves etc
23. Sunway lagoon entry was restricted to only few rides – pick up was messed from there on.
24. Waste of last day checked out at 10 am the entire day we had to make all arrangements by self whereas the flight was in the evening
25. Communication costs for following up and arranging for stuff with various local agents – passing the parcel and ownus to Gem tours as they did not inform them. Whom do we rely upon.
26. We wasted 2 hour waiting at Bangkok airport – We had to make almost 15 phone calls after which we could get hold of the driver of our coach – who did not speak English. It was the most irritating and difficult time wherein we had asked your employee to cancel our balance tour and arrange for Mumbai tickets the very next day. We even did not get the “Enroute enjoy Lunch with the tigers at the Siracha Tiger Zoo. “ Wasted 1 hour at checking in the Ambassador hotel due to issues in booking voucher and deposits.
27. THE HOTEL IN BANGKOK WAS CHANGED FROM RADISSON TO SOME UNKNOWN “EASTIN” – WE WERE NOT EVEN INFOMED. This is extremely unprofessional conduct.
28. We were not taken to DREAM WORLD and were told that the same is to be paid for by us Thai Baht 1000 per person whereas you itinery clearly says – “After breakfast we proceed to visit the DREAM WORLD. Return back in the evening. Overnight at Bangkok.”
29. One day curtailed in bangkok. We were supposed to return in the late night flight whereas we were booked on the early morning flight.
30. The local agents instead of assisting us, most of the times appeared to be conduiting with the locals there and made us pay more for all kinds of water sports – took us to the worst of the Indian restaurants where we were served stale food, in fact the food was so inedible in Bangkok that we had to go to neighboring Indian restaurants at our own cost where the food was FAR BETTER. In fact we were served non jain food with onion and garlic while claiming the same to be jain. It has caused irreparable damage to our religious beliefs.
31. Mental stress & trauma instead of mental peace and vacation
It was indeed unfortunate that we were to co-ordinate with all the people wherein we had become a tour operator very opposite to all assurance that you had given and made us pay for..
Was this information helpful?
Aug 13, 2020Complaint marked as Resolved
Category: Travel & Vacations
Add Company Information