Honda City Car — Steering Lock

Delhi, India
This is the third time that the steering lock has locked and Emergency services of Honda had to be requisitioned to deal with the problem. The very same problem has recurred every two years as can be seen from the car service records of our car Honda City DL3CAK4537 at Southend Honda Badarpur where it has been regularly serviced and repaired. The first time the lock was replaced under warranty in 2008, again under paid service in 2010 and now again in 2012 last week where I have made payment under protest. There is obviously a manufacturing quality defect in this product that it occurs periodically causing serious disruption leaving one stranded on the roadside- this last time on an outstation journey requiring help in Haldwani, Uttarkhand. Not only should the amount charged for replacing the product and use of Honda Emergency service be refunded but we need to be compensated for the serious inconvenience to senior citizens travelling in a supposedly quality car.VN Chhabra and Rami Chhabra - rami.chhabra @gmail.com

Comments

the above complaint is same as i m getting the.. even when i m at my workplace my keys are not working with the steering lock... i had to go to my home by car whne i have a personal car... this a ausumm performance given by honda.. bt only the company want to charge me for a new lock... they dont want to check it even...
after all this i will never going to buy any honda product.. nd i am going to tell in my frnd circle to not to buy a honda car..
I have been having the same problem with my Honda City car- AP 29 H 6831. Have already got the locks changed once and had to bear the expense as the company refused to take responsibility for it. Now again the same thing has happened. Have called the Honda helpline in my city, but i know they are again going to ask me to chenge the lock system. Besides being atrociously expensive it is mentally very stressful as one dosent know when it will happen again and i must add very dangerous too. I have been told it is a design flaw so then why should i have to bear with the expaeses again and again. The company has to do something about this otherwise it leaves us customers with no other option but to take some strict action.

D-126, TTC Industrial Area, MIDC Shiravane, Nerul,Thane-Belapur Road, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, India - 400706
    Honda City Car - Steering Lock