[Resolved]  HP Pavilion A6640IN Home PC — Defective Unit - Motherboard, RAM

I have HP Pavilion a6640IN, bought on 22 Dec 08. This is under 3 year warranty.

Complaint # CA0876564, 3-Dec09.
Complaint # CA0879485 9-Dec-09
Complaint # CA0882518 16-Dec-09

The PC crashed on 3-Dec-09 and was diagnoised for RAM problem. It was replaced, and worked for 1 day. Again PC crashed and was diagnoised for motherboard problem. Replaced it and again it crashed after 1 day. Again they replaced both RAM and motherboard, formatted my system and again after 1 day, it crashed.

Finally they said they need to replace the processor. I was not OK with this option since they said it will take 2 days.

This brought my hopes down that it may not work even after replacing processor.

For each compoennt replacement, I was made to wait 2 days to get replacement part from Chennai and wait at home for the engineer to come and replace.

Like this, I have wasted 2 weeks and issue is still not fixed.

On contacting HP, for replacement of the defective unit (since recurrent replacements of parts didnt work), they said they cannot replace the unit - though the warranty says it can be replaced:

Refer section http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01457526.pdf page 3, para before Exclusions.

Though my unit failed repeatedly inspite of changing various parts, HP is not ready for this option.

I am not sure how long they will take to resolve this issue. Even if I agree for part replacement, I am not sure how many hours (<24 hours) PC will work.
Complaint comments  1 CommentShareTweet

Comments

Motherboard — did not supporting RAM

Sir/Madam,

I purchased intel D945GCCR // BTCR71100GTZ AA D[protected] motherboard on 21/11/07 from HIMALAYAN TIMES PVT.LTD ,412A ,Forth Floor ,Chiranjiv Tower, Nehru place, New Delhi-19, Tel +[protected]. It is in warrenty priod, I have RAM NOT SUPPORTING problem with this motherboard, as per instruction from diler I mail [protected]@mailbox.intel for warrenty. they reply it, with

Product: D945GCCR