[Resolved]  Hsbc & CIBIL, Defaulter List — Defaulter List

My Name is Saurabh Saxena, a Mumbai resident. I had applied to a salary account with HSBC Bank in Sep 2008 which was rejected saying that I have a defaulter record in CIBIL. When I tried to check with CIBIL, they asked me for a Control number. I requested HSBC for the control number but they never gave that to me. I kept on going back and forth between HSBC and CIBIL but in vain.
I applied for an education loan 2 months back with SBI and my loan got rejected on the same account(cibil). Today, I am struggling to fund my higher education and my career is surely at stake. If I had been given the control number in time, I may have been able to clear my name in CIBIL and have got the education loan approved which now, no bank is ready to approve.
Kindly look into the matter as I would want a compensation from the guilt party (CIBIL/HSBC) who has kept me from "Right to Information".
I have also attached some of the communication between CIBIL, HSBC Bank and me for your reference.
Thanks & Regards,
Saurabh Saxena

Credit Information Bureau India [CIBIL]
    Credit Information Bureau India [CIBIL] Phone
    +91 22 6140 4300 [Helpline]
    +91 22 6638 4600 [Corp Office]
    Credit Information Bureau India [CIBIL] Address
    Hoechst House, 6th Floor, 193 Backbay Reclamation, Nariman Point, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India - 400021