[Resolved] Nokia N85 — NOKIA N85 - Hardware/Sound/Shock Problems: COMPLAINT ON NOKIA CUSTOMER CARE
My name is Vivek, work in Mphasis Bangalore. I had brought a new NOKIA N85 mobile from THE MOBILE STORE on 26th December 2008. I spent RS 24, 200/- for this phone.
The very next day, I went to my native, Kerala, taking 1 week vacation. In 3 days, the phone started behaving wired. Sometimes it heets up more and feels hot on the body. From the begining itself it had problem with sound quality and control. After 1 week, exactly on 08/12/2008 it powered OFF completly. Then I took that to a Nokia Customer Care (1st time), nearby Forum Mall, Koramangala, Bangalore. Please find the details,
Job Sheet Number[protected]/081208/120
ASC - 285_343506
Email - [protected]@nokiacareindia.com
[protected]-- Handset Details[protected]
ESN/IMEI Number - [protected]
Product Code - 0573729
Model name - N85
Warranty Ref Number - APAINY[protected]
There I told them about all the problems - which are,
1. Not powering ON at all - They said, its a hardware problem and need 2-3 days to rectify it and kept the mobile with them. I lost all my important contacts in the phone, they had formatted it!
2. Ringer problem - It was producing a nonsense sound when it rings on incoming call. The perosn at the Care said, its a hardware problem and they replaced the ringer section!!!
3. Poor sound Quality - Less volume for music, talking, etc
4. New message simbal always blinks - The person said its a SIM problem.
They informed me to go there after 2 days to collect the set. I went on the second day eve (2nd time), but the person told me, they couldn't fix the problem, and keeping the phone under observation for one more day, and informed me to go one day afterwards.
5. After these fixes (only 1 & 2 problems), they gave me the mobile after 3 days. Afterwards, I noticed at times while I answer incoming calls, I can't hear other persons sound for 5-10 seconds (through the ear points), then it comes!!! But, by the time, other perosn would have disconnetcd the call!!! I went back to Nokia Care (3rd time), and informed about it. While they tested, it was not happening. I sure them it was giving me that problem, and requested to send that to their next escallation center. They didn't agree and even disagreed to provide me their escallation center contacts... Even they refused to give me the jobsheet back, for which I requested/shouted a lot, finally I went outside and took a photo copy of the same for my references. Then onwards, I tried to be satisfied with the phone, but...
5+++ . The problem number- 5 become very very serious. For most of the calls, I can't hear anything out through the ear piease. I missed/missing many business/official calls for this stupid problem! I have to use either speaker phone or hands free!!! This is highly impractical most of the times!!!
6. Yesterday it gave electrical shocks to one of my colleagues while he was traying to take a snap clicking on the photo capture button. He almost dropped it down, and It was just luck that he could recatch it before it falls on the floor!!! He warned/adviced me not to use this phone anymore...
Now I need to go to the Nikia Care again, but time is the problem. I will have to take leaves to go there and wait long for their response. More over I don't have a standby phone with me to use, or then I will have to buy one more for that... I don't know what to do now, I need an immediate replacement for the phone, I invested big money on this phone - and its killing all my pleasure and my time. I written to Nokia to the ID, support.[protected]@nokia.com, but they also denied me getting a replacement, and adviced to go to a Nokia care again!!!
What can I do, could someone guid me to get a replacement please? I would like to know if I will get any leagal support from the Govt or so?
Thanks and Regards,
Complaint marked as Resolved Aug 14, 2020
[Resolved] Nokia 5130C - 2 - unable to connect nokia 8.1 to the laptop via usb cable & display flicker issues
[Resolved] Nokia India - Nokia 7.1 not working properly
[Resolved] Nokia India - nokia 8
[Resolved] Nokia India - nokia 2.1
[Resolved] Nokia India - about misbehaviour of authorized service center and damaged my nokia 5.1 plus mobile phone. 3
[Resolved] Nokia Care India - nokia phone warranty
[Resolved] Nokia India - in warranty handset not repaired from 5 months and lying in service centre for parts.
[Resolved] Nokia India - nokia care misbehaviour