[Resolved]  Toshiba — PATHETIC AFTER SALES SERVICE

I am highly DISSATISFIED with Toshiba's AFTER SALES SERVICE.
I was quite happy when I bought my toshiba laptop and even recommended toshiba to my friends. But, after the extremely poor customer service, I have lost all my interest in the company and am sure not to buy any more of its products if I have an option.
1. Previously, there used to be an option - Talk-2-Toshiba, where I used to put in my phone number and a Toshiba personnel would call me. That service has been discontinued in India, and instead it is required for us to call on a given number. The problem is that the given number can only be called via a landline. I only have a mobile and that number is not functional through mobiles.
2. Somehow, I got across another number that can be called from a mobile as well. The service is extremely slow, and I had to call 3-4 times before I could be successfully transferred to a Toshiba personnel. As the number is not Toll-Free, I lost around Rs. 50 just to register my complaint.
3. Toshiba personnel was friendly, but he had no technical knowledge. I told him that my laptop adapter wire had burnt due to overheating while my laptop was still in warranty. He told me that the adaptor would be covered under warranty and registered my complaint.
4. When I visited the Toshiba-Chandigarh Customer Center, SCO 2453, Sec 22C, I received no attention. Inspite of being the only customer there, the personnel kept on doing his own work and addressed me after 15 minutes. He noticed my problem, registered the complaint and told me that it would take a minimum of 10 days for the new adpater to arrive from the headquarters.On inquiring about the facility of standby adapter that may be given to me as a substitute for the period of 10-15 days, I was told that there was no such option. This meant that I would loose a lot of my work.
5. When I bought the laptop, I was told that the Toshiba service is one of the best in laptop industry, and if anything happens to the laptop, a standby laptop is provided for the specified duration until the old laptop is restored so I can resume my work. On having a problem, I was denied any such service.
6. After 10 days, I called the Service center and enquired about my adapter. They told me that it had just arrived and I could go and collect it. On reaching there, I was told that my adapter had not arrived. When I told them about my phone conversation, they initially tried to tell me that I was mistaken and there phone was not working and I could not have called them. When I proved them wrong, they went in and told me that my adapter had actually arrived and it was they who had already called me for it.
7. When I presented my broken adapter, they told me it was not covered under warranty. The personnel at Toshiba care whom I had called in point 2 above, had told me it would be covered under warranty. The personnel who took my complaint at the Chandigarh Center also filed the complaint under warranty. But, on the day when I had to collect my adapter, I was told that it would not be covered under warranty.
8. The personnel at the Chandigarh center called the Head Office in Delhi, and the personnel at the head office tried to tell me that it was all my fault, that I should have known whether it was covered under warranty or not, and that I should have taken snapshots of the broken adapter to claim my warranty or otherwise. He told me that I would have to buy the adapter at a cost of Rs.6820 with a 3 months warranty. I told them that I would take the necessary steps later.
9. I went to a shop and enquired about Toshiba Adapter. They were offering a new ORIGINAL Toshiba adapter at a cost of Rs.3600 with 1 year warranty. In the end, I decided to get the adapter repaired at the shop at a decent cost of Rs.400.
It seems that the company produces decent products but does not care about the customer service. The personals at various checkpoints are not trained in any technical assistance, but it does seem that they are trained very well in lying and pushing the blame on the customer. Even, the Toshiba India website is very poorly designed and does not cover all the aspects as other well designed websites do.I had to browse through many pages just to find how to contact Toshiba via email.

Comments

I had the same problem with my Satellite A300 which had a small damage on the screen for which when i contacted, they simply refused to repair for free. I had my warranty card too.Is it the problem of recession that is causing this downfall in the quality if its service. If yes, then all i have to say to Toshiba guys are, By the time recession goes and boom enters, then there wont be a comp-any called Toshibaaaaaa

Toshiba — Toshiba p30 satellite laptop

hey ppl,
i had bought a p30 satellite laptop from the toshiba laptop guys, The shop that i purchased i from was Frontline computers in Khar, the sales man there had zero knowledge of computers, i kept on asking him, please tell me about the servicing facilities of this latop in india, just to sell it he said its good also some of the other information that he gave was false, to top the cream, the HCL ppl are taking care of the toshiba distribution in mumbai, further more when my laptop crashed i went to the service station of toshiba/hcl, they acted so indifferent, and inhuman, i waited for hours together, then i got summoned inside a shady cabin, with a man sitting in front of me, from the moment he started talking about computers, i knew that i know more, even though am zoology student, he told me to pay him 1000 odd Rs, as diagonistic charges, , i did and he asked me to call after three working days, later on i kept calling for more than 15 days in vain, then a lady picked up and in a typical government office format, completely disinterested she replied that i have to take my laptop bck, and that they cannot repair it, and that the diagonistic charges were not refundable, can u believe it, The laptop had cost me more than a lakh of Rs. so what ever you do do not buy a toshiba or an hcl computer. God help my country
i my working on same toshiba laptop m300 model from last year...now it is giving problem with its battery stand up time and also with its dvd writer ...so i visited its dealer in jalandhar from whome i have purchased it.i was shocked that he just has disappeared from his place and no one know about him...now where should i go for its servicing as their is no trusty care centre in north india...please suggest me any care centre for toshiba...

Toshiba Laptop — Adapter not replaced after over 1 month of submitting to the customer care

I bought the laptop in November 2008.

After having submitted the laptop and adapter for repair on 30th September 2009, I still haven't received a replacement for my adapter.

I bought the extended warranty for 2 years for speedy repairs etc. But to my disappointment, I have been without a charger for 1 month now.

Kindly take some action against the company
It's really a very Bad service
hi guys i have toshiba A80 for last 6 years and touchwood no probs at all, may be now company's standard has degraded;; I will advice to find out a better version instead for further use in laptoms and even tell some good information like phone numbers of shops and customer care numbers so others would get help. I am putting this information on January 14, 2010, because now after 6 years i am also in search of one good out-of-the company service provider for genuine toshiba hard disk and RAM.
i have toshiba laptop it have no driver
model no.satellite L505-GS5035
part no.PLSU6U-001001
serial no. Z9162671Q

Toshiba — UNUSUAL SPOT IN SCREEN

I have purchased Toshiba L510 laptop on date 2nd april 2010.which is sr.no-Z9411933Q from Delta Network Pvt Ltd, Gurgaon .Further to our telcon please find attached digital o[censored]nusual spot
coming on my Toshiba laptop screen while starting time. Please review
and advise solution to it asap
case id[protected]

padam chand

Toshiba — defective laptop

After doing some research, i was impressed with R700 laptop from toshiba. even though international prices are lower, i paid 60,000 rs and collected one laptop from toshiba dealer by name Addict.

on the first day itself, laptop hanged and i had to restart it . same problem persisted for several times next day.

i went to toshiba, and they said they will look into the problem. now it is more than 15 days, and every day, sales rep tells me, laptop will come from service centre from tomorrow. they have refused to refund the money as they see no fault in laptop.

even after choosing the best laptop at a cosiderable higher price, i have been put in trouble .

rakesh singhal

Toshiba — Not honouring laptop guarantee

I had bought a Toshiba laptop, Model-L510-D4311 on 29.12.2009. Recently I observed that almost 1/3rd portion on right side of the screen of laptop has become white with some portion in black at the bottom & nothing is visible in this portion. So I went to their service centre located at Nehru Place, N. Delhi. There I was told that the LCD has broken from inside & that this is not covered under the warranty. The screen is intact from outside.
I wrote about this to Toshiba (thru their website) but there has not been any written reply from their side. They only called-up to tell me the same thing as told by their service centre that problem in screen is not covered under warranty.
Here I would like to state the following:
1. That the laptop was bought for about Rs 42,000/-, which is not a small amount (at least for me)
2. That laptop is still under one year guarantee period
3. That from outside the screen of the laptop is intact & if some problem has occurred, its within/inside the screen (as told by service centre) & is indicative of poor quality of the product
4. That any problem in the laptop, during the guarantee period, is the responsibility of Toshiba
In the pertinent case, where problem has come in the screen of the laptop, Toshiba seems to be telling the customer - I have sold the product & got the money from you. Now if there is any problem with the product, go to hell. Firstly they sell a poor quality product to the customer, which develops problem within the guarantee period itself. And instead of being apologetic about it & resolving the problem, they brazenly tell the customer that this part or that part of the product is not covered under the guarantee. Shocking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the worse service ever seen in my life . none do the service team picks the number and non do call back . deepak service incharge at chd [protected] does not reply for any calls and cutts the number if this is the service i would strongly recomend not to buy such products where service in neglected
raman verma

Toshiba — remote not working.

toshiba 40inch LED tv remote controler not working with in 2 months from date of purchase.shocking.first product i have purchase from your company.my experience very bad.your company knows that remote controller will no working after few days and for that your company no giving warranty in remote.to make money you are demanding rs 1600 for this.very bad experience with your company.
Yes I agree with all the comments given above. After sales service of Toshiba is pathetic. They are not at all customer friendly and wants to loot the customer. Never ever in life will buy this companys product. Advice to all laptop users never in dream also buy this company's product. God help those who are stuck with this company.
Vikas Verma

processor fan not working

processor fan is not working..

Toshiba India
    Toshiba India Phone
    Toshiba India Address
    3rd Floor, Building No. 10 Tower - B, Phase - II DLF Cyber City, Gurgaon, Haryana, India - 122002