[Resolved]  Vasan Eye Care — Did not receive refund

I had taken my father (Patient code-47667) to vasan Eye care Adyar , for undergoing cataract surgery on 18/06/2012.Due to some pre-existing medical conditions the surgery was aborted at the last minute.I did pay 9000 rupees for the cataract surgery through my credit card, however since the surgery was not done, i was expecting for a refund.Under normal circumstances, the refund will show on your credit card in 10 working days, if they cancel the transaction. I did give them 10 days, 1month and now it is going to be two months and i am still expecting for a refund. When i called them, they said it does take one month time for them to get the money from the bank who issued the credit card, and once they receive the money, they will provide me a cheque. Its been more than a month and a half and i am still awaiting for the refund, while i am paying the interest for the charges on my credit card. When asked for an explanation for the delay, the staff namely ABUL, PRASANTH and ROOSEVALT were very rude and didn't even show some courtesy. Roosevalt who is the accounts manager for Adyar gave me a silly explanation stating that the cheque is ready and they are awaiting for a signature from their managing director or the so called chairman for Vasan eye care "the world's largest eye care network" DR.Arun Nair who is currently on an overseas tour.

Did not receive refund
Complaint comments  1 CommentShareTweet

Comments

Optolabs — Misleading display of information - Reimbursement of money paid

I ordered a pair of spectacles for my son from Optolabs outlet situated at 12th Main, 30th Cross, 4th Block, Jayanagar, Bangalore -11;
I took the delivery of the article on 06.05.09 after paying a total amount of Rs3390/-, I was however, not issued an invoice. When I enquired, I was told that there is some problem in the network, hence the Sales staff is unable to process the same.
There is a bold notice conspicuously placed in the shop with the declaration "in case you are not issued a computerised invoice, you get your purchase for free". I was not issued any invoice even a hand written one, let alone a computerised one.
I wanted the showroom to fulfill their public committment based on their declaration, the staff of the co directed me to make my complaint to [protected]@zeiss.in. I made a complaint the same day, but did not get a satisfactory response (but a scanned copy of the invoice was sent).
Later, I again wrote on 08.05.09 to the person who replied to my message, but there has not been any response from the co.'s end.
I approach you with a request to provide me relief in two steps from the company :
1) The company / showroom reimburses the purcahse value of my transaction of 06.05.09
2) They should be counselled not to display such misleading notices which they cannot honour.

I seek your feedback on my complaint.

best wishes & regs