[Resolved]  ICICI Lombard — motor accident claim mot09459933

My car is in the garage for over a month after a severe accident. After inspection it was found that the ac isn't working and later on after diagnosis turned out that the fidc sensor is damaged hence the compressor isn't switching on.

The icici lombard surveyer shubham tyagi was initially asked to come and inspect and he said that this particular item cannot be approved as it might have been malfunctioning already prior to accident. I was informed about this development and after much discussion shubham told me that i need to provide proof that the ac was working before accident.
Owing to his demand, i had to obtain the service invoice from the garage where i had the service done few months ago. I shown the invoice to shubham as well as km motors too and i was assured by garage that it will now be approved.

However, the next day when i enquired about it i was told that area manager sumit kumar isn't approving it and i myself need to talk to him. I contacted sumit shortly after and he told me that it can't be approved because fatc sensor is electrical component and since there isn't any mechanical damage to it hence it can't be approved.

Are you getting the paradox here? One serveyer says it can't be approved because he suspects the ac wasn't working even before accident and when i show the proof for same, another one says it can't be approved because it's not covered under policy.

I was unable to comprehend this logic, all i know is my ac was working well before accident and it stopped working afterwards for whatever reasons i expected it to be covered. I am paying 120 rupees per day for parking ever since the incident occurred and it's been over a month but you guys are quibbling over minor technicality of policy wording on electrical component.

To make the matter even worse, when i contacted customer care to register complaint against these two fellows shubham tyagi and sumit kumar, i asked what does the policy say in this matter then the guy on the phone told me he isn't aware of the policy and that i have to follow what the serveyer says.

Are you kidding me? When you sell the policy you seem to know everything but when it comes to service you want us to be on mercy of the serveyer?
Complaint marked as Resolved Feb 14, 2020

[Jan 14, 2020] ICICI Lombard customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
ICICI Lombard Customer Care's response Jan 14, 2020

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. We have made a note of the details mentioned. We will check this from our end and get back to you with an update on the same.

ICICI Lombard General Insurance
Complaint comments  Add a Comment     Updated: ShareTweet

ICICI Lombard
    ICICI Lombard Phone
    1-800-209-8888
    1-800-2666
    ICICI Lombard Address
    ICICI Lombard House, Old Tata Press Building, Near Siddhivinayak Temple, 414, Veer Savarkar Marg, Prabhadevi, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India - 400025